Who else thinks there should be a SSB-Kart game?

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Re: Who else thinks there should be a SSB-Kart game?

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.27.14 3:59pm

I just realized; stuff like this is what Amiibos are going to be used for.
Oh boy, more Skylanders!

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 08.27.14 9:57pm

I just realized; stuff like this is what Amiibos are going to be used for.
I'm... not so sure.

I'm actually "fear" nintendo might make them game specific.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.27.14 10:45pm

Ninty hasn't been terribly clear on the whole Amiibo thing, but their initial statements indicate they plan to have the various sets work across multiple games. What that means exactly is anyone's guess, but it'd be a right dick move to exclusively tie entire figure sets to a single game. At least with Skylanders and Disney Infinity the figures are good across the whole series.

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.27.14 11:10pm

Ninty hasn't been terribly clear on the whole Amiibo thing, but their initial statements indicate they plan to have the various sets work across multiple games. What that means exactly is anyone's guess, but it'd be a right dick move to exclusively tie entire figure sets to a single game. At least with Skylanders and Disney Infinity the figures are good across the whole series.
You're thinking too small. DLC is a thing of the past with these here little figurines. You see... When they're not in use you can play with them like action figures. They even have chopping action. Great for when your power goes out, Skynet takes over, or your kid nephews visit.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.28.14 1:49am

I've wanted a robust lineup of Nintendo franchise action figures since I was three years old. That was 23 years ago. Amiibo could be nothing more than decently produced, reasonably articulated toys from various Nintendo franchises (that preferably wouldn't cost more than ~$15 USD average) and I'd gobble'em up. So too would millions of others. They've gotten a bit better about it in recent years, but traditionally Nintendo has had no idea how to properly merchandise their properties outside of Japan. Even now, the majority of what they offer (that isn't Pokemon) is tied to Mario, which is all well and good but they've got a lot of other characters they're not capitalizing on. I know Amiibo aren't proper figures, but it's still another step in the right direction: Quality physical representation of their physical franchises. Plus, they have a surprisingly consumer-friendly grasp of DLC, so I remain cautiously optimistic they'll handle the digital side of their new initiative well.

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.28.14 3:06am

I've wanted a robust lineup of Nintendo franchise action figures since I was three years old. That was 23 years ago. Amiibo could be nothing more than decently produced, reasonably articulated toys from various Nintendo franchises (that preferably wouldn't cost more than ~$15 USD average) and I'd gobble'em up. So too would millions of others. They've gotten a bit better about it in recent years, but traditionally Nintendo has had no idea how to properly merchandise their properties outside of Japan. Even now, the majority of what they offer (that isn't Pokemon) is tied to Mario, which is all well and good but they've got a lot of other characters they're not capitalizing on. I know Amiibo aren't proper figures, but it's still another step in the right direction: Quality physical representation of their physical franchises. Plus, they have a surprisingly consumer-friendly grasp of DLC, so I remain cautiously optimistic they'll handle the digital side of their new initiative well.
You're... at least 820560000 seconds aged. And, to be honest I'm a closet figurine collector and I think it's fashionable to bash Skylanders.
All the cool Metroid and Touhou stuff from Japan is extra mega expensive so well priced Nintentoys that actually do things other than look nice on a shelf is pretty cool. I just don't want it to get extremely out of hand and be in 5000 different flavors for one thing only for it to all become obsolete or unusable in other and/or future games like the Mario Party microphone only usable in 6 and 7 and the e-reader device that nobody used.
I hope they're sturdy because of drops and infant/animal attacks. Nephews killed every action figure/bionicle/statue/lego creation I have ever loved.

The near future I will be doomed to...:
THE SHIPPING IS REAL
And, for the love of god, rare figures and holographics. After playing a children's card game for practically my entire life I don't want a figure to suddenly have its price become astronomically high because it's shinier then the others of its kind or someone forgot to turn on the Sonic machine... Or maybe it was intentional!
Damn it you've infected me with your pretty blue words and now I want Amiibos! D=

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 08.28.14 1:03pm

I've wanted a robust lineup of Nintendo franchise action figures since I was three years old. That was 23 years ago.
You and me both (curiously, relatively same time frames too)

I was only... 17? when my mother suprised me for a birthday with a Link action figure.
That... one of my dastardly siblings literally chewed his legs off a week later.... I hadn't even opened in the box.

I certainly hope Amiibos aren't exclusive to a single game... just a gut feeling of doubt I've got.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion