Nintendo Switch

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Nintendo Switch

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.20.15 4:52pm

soo like..i heard nintendos already working on wii u's sucessor ....sooo that really kinda makes me feel like we might not get a wii u metroid because the impression im getting is theyre already giving up on it.. what do you guys think?

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Re: Project NX

Postby Remnants » 03.20.15 5:58pm

This is what I found on a quick google search

http://www.wired.com/2015/03/nintendo-nx-analysis/

Still not much to go by. It's set to be announced but I can't for the life of me remember what the gap usually is between announcement and release for consoles.

The article sorta gives direction about this NX project but I'm having a very difficult time interpreting it...

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 03.20.15 6:36pm

Is there even any guarantee that it will be a home console? I mean, it could be something else entirely separate, similar to their whole "Quality of Life" thing.

Even if it is a new console, we probably won't hear anything about it for a long while.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.21.15 4:51am

nintendo did say they are researching wii us sucessor, and i know i was just kinda already bummed out when i posted this, on an off note, anyone hear anythinga bout the project?

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 03.21.15 5:12am

Nintendo has said literally nothing about the system specifically other than that it is hardware presently in development. There's no real conversation to be had at present other than baseless speculation as absolutely nothing is known.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.21.15 5:30am

oh well i didnt know, it would be cool if it had holograms though<.<

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 03.21.15 3:46pm

oh well i didnt know, it would be cool if it had holograms though<.<
For all we know, it could be a virtual reality or an attempt at a holographic project. Doesn't have to even be a console and it could be a handheld.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 03.21.15 3:54pm

i dont think itel be a handheld considering they JUST put one out and even said its a the sucessor to the wii u

Chris

Kraid

Postby Chris » 03.22.15 2:41pm

It was clearly just announced to keep everyone from losing their shit over the mobile games announcement, reassuring folk that they are still dedicated to making 'proper' games.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 04.01.15 2:22pm

Moving to Gen. VG Disc.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 04.05.15 5:01pm

The major console manufacturers always start developing the next big thing after they launch a product. Of course they're working on something new. So is Sony, and Microsoft. That's how this industry works. Until we know how long it'll be before it launches, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure we'll get a WiiU Metroid. :thumbsup:
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 06.29.15 12:09am

I'm excited for the NX. It sounds... interesting. I'm very curious to hear ore but Nintendo has some pretty good reasons to not share them. I've always been annoyed that Sony and Microsoft keep taking Nintendo's ideas. Nintendo almost always makes it first, then the others steal that idea and make pretty much no other original ideas. Maybe I'm too dedicated to Nintendo, but that always seems to be the case.
I'm excited to see what the next Metroid game will be on it. Hopefully it'll have those slick Prime 3 controls, or better if possible. I heard Other M had good gameplay, I haven't played OM myself but I may be fine if they do that too. I personally want either a game after Fusion, in-between the original and Prime, or before the original. I don't see how it would fit anywhere else.

Also I thought they would have made a new handheld. Maybe the Wii U's poor sales made them make this instead to cover up the Wii U's un-rightful shame (I seriously have no idea what was wrong with it.) For a while the order has been 'handheld, console, handheld, console.' The 3DS, I believe has been selling well. I wish the Wii U lasted longer, but hey at least we're getting Zelda Wii U.

I'm not going to set my hopes too high, because that's pretty much exactly what made Federation Force so unappealing for so many people. But I do think I will be pleased with the final product.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 06.29.15 1:25am

Now now, let's not go giving Nintendo all the credit. They have their accomplishments but their competition is no less accomplished:
  • SEGA's Game Gear displayed in color 8 years before the Game Boy Color and was backlit 13 years before the Game Boy Advance SP.
  • Both SEGA and Sony pioneered CDs in the 90's while Nintendo stubbornly stuck with cartridges.
  • SEGA was experimenting with 32 bit technology while Nintendo was still stuck with 16 bit.
  • Sony was first to develop and standardize the 12 button dual analog controller.
  • SEGA was first to experiment with internet modems and first to include one in their hardware standard.
  • Sony pioneered DVD's while Nintendo once again went with a proprietary format for the GameCube.
  • Sony's PS2 was the first home console to support native backwards compatibility.
  • The original Xbox was the first system with a built-in HDD.
  • Microsoft set the standard for console online interfaces and interaction with Xbox Live.
  • Microsoft also set the new controller standard with the 360 gamepad, adjusting analog placement and adopting the Dreamcast's triggers.
  • Sony once again pioneered a new leading disc format in Blu Ray.
  • Sony emphasized multimedia and general purpose application with the PSP well before Nintendo with the DSi.

Really the only thing Sony and Microsoft tried to copy from Nintendo was motion control. Both companies put their own spin on the technology, but neither truly committed to the prospect.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 06.29.15 10:51am

now i completely agree other companies pioneered stuff , but he is right, people love to steal nintendos ideas then call them unoriginal, i mean hello? kinect? playstation eye? remember those terrible things? now dont get me wrong im not just blindly saying theyre crap i actually had both at one point or another, the playstation eye consatnly needed recalibration and hurt my arms bad becauase it was so hard to get it to work right, and the kinect, WHAT A WASTE ...it literally was not worth my time, it required you to own a gigantic room and i live in a small house, my point is, though other people made many original ideas, people still do steal ideas from nintendo then insult them.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 06.29.15 11:07am

I see I was somewhat mistaken. Usually I don't game outside of Nintendo so I don't really know. Of course, I know that the other game companies took a number of Nintendo's original gimmicks. Motion Controls and Kinect. Especially those.
Once the NX comes out I expect everybody to hate it for no good reason, Microsoft takes the ideas, and everybody loves what Microsoft made. Almost always how it works.

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion