Fast Racing Neo - E-Shop Futuristic Racer

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
Zynux

Super Metroid

Fast Racing Neo - E-Shop Futuristic Racer

Postby Zynux » 08.30.15 10:58pm

Seems to be more akin to Wipeout with the speed of F-Zero.

Anyone care for this game? Honestly, it seems pretty solid so far for an e-shop title. The tracks seems to be pretty flat though so I doubt there will be any crazy anti-gravity.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

MerlinDrazziw

Hatchling

Re: Fast Racing Neo - E-Shop Futuristic Racer

Postby MerlinDrazziw » 08.31.15 2:04am

Could be an ok racer, maybe even good. Having played FAST - Racing League on WiiWare, I hope it performs better this time. The WiiWare version was ok, but didn't 'feel' fast. A demo would be welcome, but otherwise I'll wait for reviews of this new racer.
Grt. Merlin

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.31.15 8:41am

Now I miss F-Zero even more...

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 08.31.15 1:41pm

That's what i said. It's like XtremeG meets Wipeout.
Looks like a great game. I too would welcome a demo.

XtremeG > Fzero :P

vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.31.15 8:25pm

Reading some of the comments, I've heard that they are actually playing on "slow mode", which I'm going to assume is the easiest difficulty. So I'm guessing the game can be even faster then shown here.

Also, I find it strange that for such a futuristic racer the environments look pretty realistic and grounded in reality somehat.

That's what i said. It's like XtremeG meets Wipeout.
Looks like a great game. I too would welcome a demo.

XtremeG > Fzero :P

vgm out...
I bought Xtreme G a while ago. Pretty sad that franchise never really got off the ground, it's a pretty good game.

Multiplayer mode is garbage though, because the framerate just dies and makes it almost unplayable. A shame.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 12.09.15 4:37am

At first I was skeptical but this game is looking pretty legit to me. If I hadn't run out of money this would be a Day 1 purchase.

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 12.11.15 2:14am

I saw this game in the Direct for the first time, not knowing a single thing about its existence prior, and initially thought "IS THIS F-ZERO?"

Then I saw that it was a different franchise entirely, and got less excited. Wondered why it wasn't just F-Zero, until I noticed that it was developed by a completely third-party company.

Don't understand why they couldn't just contract these guys to develop the game as an F-Zero title, like they did with Team Ninja and Other M or Platinum and Star Fox, especially since it would probably require far less oversight but acquire much more attention.
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 12.14.15 11:52pm

I didn't think I would but I've been enjoying it. It's challenging, and it certainly doesn't try to be something it's not. It's not F-Zero, and it's not Wipeout, it's more like a balance between the two.

Shin'en makes great games.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion