The NES Action 200

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

The NES Action 200

Postby Infinity's End » 11.15.15 11:32pm

Hi all,
So I'm making a mini project for myself: hone down the "best" NES action titles into 200 titles. Rules: Absolutely no sports games or turn-based RPGs. Puzzle and noteworthy hacks are allowed. Some games may walk the line.

I know a lot of this comes with subjectivity so many choices could be a matter of opinion. Some titles you may wonder why they were omitted and all I can say is that I will NEVER play them. example: Final Fantasy is not on this list.

Anyway feel free to take a look, make some suggestions if you'd like and I'll think about it. Remember, this is just my opinion and in the end it's just my way of narrowing down the huge NES library that's mostly full of shit into a nice batch that I can happily sift through with glee at my own leisure. Thanks.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: The NES Action 200

Postby Zynux » 11.17.15 5:22pm

Wasn't a big NES player, but this list looks like what most people would agree on.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 11.18.15 1:22pm

Thanks, Zynux!
I've added a few more based on recommendations from this blog.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 11.18.15 3:12pm

I'll have to use this list for my own perusal. I've grown up with Nintendo my whole life, the NES was my first console, my father's before me, but my experience with its library has always been limited. Don't think I've much to contribute but I could probably put your work to good use myself.

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion