The Wii U dies this year

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's consoles, games or anything Nintendo-related!
Apothem

Re: The Wii U dies this year

Postby Apothem » 11.02.16 11:13am

...a lot of sites are reporting this as fact even though it seems to be more educated rumor/speculations...
Games "journalism" 101. I fully understand that in this industry one often has little more than mere rumor to work with, what with the companies so thoroughly controlling the stream of information, but so many sites reporting rumor and speculation as fact with little mention of true nature is a continuous source of disappointment. Do all the rumor mongering you please, just mark it as such and at least try not to work people up into a frothing frenzy over something that most likely isn't real.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 11.02.16 7:29pm

Games "journalism" 101. I fully understand that in this industry one often has little more than mere rumor to work with, what with the companies so thoroughly controlling the stream of information, but so many sites reporting rumor and speculation as fact with little mention of true nature is a continuous source of disappointment. Do all the rumor mongering you please, just mark it as such and at least try not to work people up into a frothing frenzy over something that most likely isn't real.
I like more niche journalism sites slightly better then most but yeah the media as a whole is trash.

http://operationrainfall.com/2016/11/02/wii-u-not-end/

So Nintendo denies it, so yeah a baseless rumor until otherwise noted That said it's really obvious the Wii U is on it's way out and Paper Mario Color Splash seems to be it's last major exclusive title, and that these statements are largely PR speak
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 11.02.16 7:44pm

Are you sure about that? I thought the new Zelda will be its last major release. Just like what happened with the GCN and Wii.

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 11.03.16 6:16pm

I should have specified "exclusive" Wii U release, since yeah BOTW will be Wii U as well
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 11.11.16 2:03am

Wii U Production is officially ending in Japan and once again being reported by the media. So it looks like earlier rumors were spot on.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/hardwar ... index.html

近日生産終了予定 apparently translates to “production is scheduled to end soon.”

Return to “%s” General Nintendo Discussion