Which is the most pain-in-the-ass power-up to obtain?

Discuss anything related to Classic (2D) Metroid games here!
metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

Re: Which is the most pain-in-the-ass power-up to obtain?

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 01.09.16 12:38am

There is one energy tank in fusion in sector 6 you need the screw attack and use the "runway" from left to right spark right and you go through a section of booster blocks go through that door and ... welcome to metroid hell with your host gaps and colunms that have to be specifically bombed and if you mess up once you not only have to restart because your "runway" is blocked but your exit is blocked by booster blocks. Someone came to work that day and said ... How can I be an absoultly factually horundously horrible person today and thus that tank and its room were born.

Rustedsoda

Alpha Metroid

Postby Rustedsoda » 01.10.16 4:09pm

[ZERO MISSION]To me its probably the powerup that requires you to shinespark through a wall in Chozodia temple all the way through another wall in the Pirate Mothership. setting up the shinespark is next to impossible, requiring you to perform a series of dashes onto slopes, converting your spark into a normal run and back again, all so you can hopefully arrive at an exact spot in a shaft, and spark horizonally at an exact location. I've never bothered with this.

[SUPER METROID] I've never really had that much trouble here in recent years, but I'm sure everyone can attest to the super missile stuck in the ceiling in Dark Maridia. Yeah, there is a trick to it that makes it pretty easy if you bother to just look, but as a kid, when you X-ray'd that spot and saw the shinespark blocks, you too had to be like "aw, HELL no..."

[METROID, SUPER METROID] two identical rooms appear in Ridley's hideout of the original, and Green Brinstar of Super, with the same item and the same gimmick: there's an energy tank, and an invisible pitfall just before it, in a narrow corridor. The worst part about this is, even if you know the pitfall is there, you probably don't know where *exactly*, thus your attempt to jump the gap is very difficult to calculate. Thankfully, there's walljumping... but you won't learn that until about one room *after*...

Mayan Mystery

Gamma Metroid

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 02.11.16 6:28pm

^ I found that missile a bit tedious, but despite being bad at shinespark I usually get it on my 4th or 5th try.

I always hated getting the spring ball in Super Metroid. >_<X Quicksand is incredibly annoying to work with.

Return to “%s” Metroid Classic