gold statue

Discuss anything related to Classic (2D) Metroid games here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

gold statue

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 08.20.15 7:38pm

in super metroid when you open the gold statue before the last boss crystals pop and something flies out of it..im wondering who set that up? and whats flying out of it? they look like ghosts to me

Taelin Aurel

Alpha Metroid

Re: gold statue

Postby Taelin Aurel » 08.20.15 8:10pm

I believe that they are just the glittering trails of the crystals as they are ejected from the statue. That's the vibe I always got from it at least.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 08.21.15 3:15pm

i just rewatched it..i saw little ghosts pop out or something, it looked like an anime cliche of little ghosts with slit eyes.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.21.15 5:34pm

Holy crap your right, I never noticed before.

0:40 for the Statues leading to Tourian.

After the Crystals fly out, pay attention. Ghoulish phantoms will fly out of the statues not long after. They clearly have a horror stricken face.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 08.21.15 6:42pm

told you there was something weird going on, i notice new things like that all the time despite having played the games 100s of times each.
ive noticed that and other weird things before, i just never thought to ask about it, also that orange zoomer before the gravity suit, i think that was a coloration glithc, i think the norfair orange fire zoomer pallette got stuck onto it , i also thing the game glitched letting you control it thats why it follows you, as for the ghosts, im wondering if the thing only triggers when you kill its trapping then releaseing theyre souls or something.

Taelin Aurel

Alpha Metroid

Postby Taelin Aurel » 08.21.15 7:08pm

Indeed, nice find. I had never noticed that before either. I thought you meant the same colored glitter bombs that fly out at the same time as the crystals. Intriguing as to what that was intended to be by the game designers.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 08.21.15 7:43pm

No i meant the things right after the crystals, but the colors are still nice.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.21.15 9:51pm

Makes me wonder what type of creature they are supposed to be, or if they are really supernatural apparitions similar to those found on the Wrecked Ship or Chozo Ghosts.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 08.21.15 10:27pm

Really? You've never noticed that before? Very interesting.
I've always thought it was the souls of the bosses escaping the statue and going to the beyond.
Like they were trapped in the statue and the real bosses were linked to the statue some how.
So when you defeat a boss their soul leaves the statue.

vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 08.24.15 5:37pm

Really? You've never noticed that before? Very interesting.
I've always thought it was the souls of the bosses escaping the statue and going to the beyond.
Like they were trapped in the statue and the real bosses were linked to the statue some how.
So when you defeat a boss their soul leaves the statue.

vgm out...
it could have been the statue trapping the souls as they died which caused the crystals to explode from the energy , honestly it could just be nintendo wanting it to just be ominous.

Return to “%s” Metroid Classic