See you next mission. Just bought Zero Mission

Discuss anything related to Classic (2D) Metroid games here!
Taelin Aurel

Alpha Metroid

See you next mission. Just bought Zero Mission

Postby Taelin Aurel » 03.01.16 12:40am

I just pulled the trigger and purchased Zero Mission for the GBA. Don't have a WiiU to get it on the virtual console, so this was my only option. I'm excited about it as this will be the last of the side-scrollers for me to play. Been a fan since 1986 or 1987 and the original Metroid and still vividly remember buying RoS in 1991 for the original Gameboy. It'll be an interesting re-imagining of those old missions.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: See you next mission. Just bought Zero Mission

Postby Zynux » 03.01.16 2:35am

Really fun but also short. Shorter then Super at least.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Tuhlohr

MDB Staff - Bestiary

Re: See you next mission. Just bought Zero Mission

Postby Tuhlohr » 06.12.16 2:22am

I'm sure you'll really enjoy Zero Mission, But I'm really interested in hearing your opinion of it since you've been a fan of the Original for so long. Let me know what you think of it

I don't want to risk effecting your first play through with my opinions on the game so don't read below until you've played the game
I feel it's a great remake overall. However I have two problems with it; It's a lot more linear, which wouldn't bother me quite so much if the game allowed the player to turn off the hint system like in the prime games. It's not a big deal, but it just gets a little annoying on repeat playthroughs. My other Problem is the game's physics, It's not bad but i think it makes platforming (And Aiming at times) more Difficult than in previous 2D games

Return to “%s” Metroid Classic