Post Super Metroid Divergence

Discuss anything related to Classic (2D) Metroid games here!
Liz Lemon

Egg

Post Super Metroid Divergence

Postby Liz Lemon » 03.14.16 5:49pm

So I know this theory isn't cannon, and it's kind of ridiculous, but I thought about it in the shower one morning and it amused me. So, spoilers coming up.

Okay, so Super Metroid has two possible endings: one in which you save the animals and one in which you don't. Clearly, the animals are alive in Metroid Fusion. However, they are nowhere to be found in Other M, Samus doesn't mention them at her press conference thing, and she seems horribly depressed about not having saved the Metroid.

So... What if Metroid Other M is the a parrellel world in which Samus didn't save the animals, and she's super sad because not only could she not have the baby Metroid, but she didn't save anything? Fusion, on the other hand, is a world in which she did save the animals. If Other M had never happened, it would explain why she was so shocked that the Federation was producing Metroids, which wouldn't make as much sense if she already knew about the first time they did that. In Fusion, she also continuously refers to having a vaccine made from the cells of the last Metroid, but if it took place in the same dimension as Other M, she would know the baby was not the last Metroid.

So... Yeah. Thoughts? <3

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: Post Super Metroid Divergence

Postby Xerkxes » 03.14.16 7:31pm

But then, in this split, Adam doesn't die in the one that leads to Metroid Fusion.
Other M was supposed to be the "How he died."
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 03.14.16 9:23pm

But then, in this split, Adam doesn't die in the one that leads to Metroid Fusion.
I suppose you could operate under the assumption that he died some other way. Which makes it suck all the more since that means, effectively, that Adam dies no matter what Samus does in Super Metroid.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Liz Lemon

Egg

Postby Liz Lemon » 03.15.16 2:51am

I suppose you could operate under the assumption that he died some other way. Which makes it suck all the more since that means, effectively, that Adam dies no matter what Samus does in Super Metroid.
Yeah, he would have to die some other way. Maybe in some fashion that doesn't involve shooting Samus.

Return to “%s” Metroid Classic