Mother brain's :: physiology:: born or grown?? (Discussion)

Discuss anything related to Classic (2D) Metroid games here!
chojin-zoku

Hatchling

Mother brain's :: physiology:: born or grown?? (Discussion)

Postby chojin-zoku » 01.08.17 3:00am

I'd like to imagine genetically enhanced natural species, and much larger than the typical of its species.

:motherbrain: the brain is separated from the body.
Mechanically linked to devices that enhance it's telepathic field, while having computer control.

The neck is replaced with a prosthetic neural link.

The body is kept alive to supply nutrients. :orb:

Why mechanical arms/legs?

The body remains nearly motionless.
Muscles would become weak and flabby. :kraid:

Mechanical muscles don't Deteriorate. :thumbsup:

metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

Re: Mother brain's :: physiology:: born or grown?? (Discuss

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 01.08.17 3:11pm

Further information can be possibly hunted down in prime 3 my say would go to neither and rather than being born, taken in and enhanced or grown it's a completely mechanical being that either reached super intelligence on its own or was given it by the chozo after completion of the body.

EDIT:

I just realized that doesn't make sense but my guess is grown as that would be far more efficient

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 01.31.17 10:55am

Mother brain is a bio-mechanical life form that was artificially produced by the chozo to maintain the various systems and machines on Zebes as well as monitor all of Zebes, the reason it reappears in super metroid is upon death in metroid 1 on nes it transferred its conciousness to an improved version of its body.

AaronAGN

Egg

Postby AaronAGN » 03.03.17 8:41am

Mother brain is a bio-mechanical life form that was artificially produced by the chozo to maintain the various systems and machines on Zebes as well as monitor all of Zebes, the reason it reappears in super metroid is upon death in metroid 1 on nes it transferred its conciousness to an improved version of its body.
well... there you have it

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 04.25.17 3:00pm

That is unfounded.

I don't like the word "bio-mechanical". Bio-mechanical is an adjective for bio-mechanics, which is the study of the structure and function of biological systems. I think a better word would be "cybernetic organism".

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 04.26.17 9:01am

The phrase Bio-mechanical was used in the actual game dude.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 04.26.17 10:39pm

It's still a silly term to use in that context. They likely only used it because it sounded cool without considering what it actually meant. Not that I have a problem with that honestly, Rule of Cool should always take precedent.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 04.27.17 1:05pm

Bio means alive , mechanical means machine, which translates into living machine which is what mother brain is.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 04.27.17 7:43pm

The technical definition of "biomechanical" literally means the workings of a part of living organisms. It doesn't actually have anything to do with machinery or anything artificial. Again, it's just a word they picked despite knowing it's actual meaning, like Bounty Hunter.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 04.27.17 7:47pm

A living machine isnt the same as a cyborg, also Samus gets paid for the missions she does .

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 04.29.17 12:58pm

A living machine isnt the same as a cyborg, also Samus gets paid for the missions she does .
Machines aren't alive, so "living machine" doesn't make sense. A cyborg is a biological organism with cybernetic components, which are machines.

A mercenary gets paid for missions, too. :ridley:

TheChosenOne

Alpha Metroid

Postby TheChosenOne » 04.29.17 1:36pm

Machines aren't alive, so "living machine" doesn't make sense.
Oh dear. Don't make me go full "Star Trek nerd" up in here. Suffice to say, in real-world terms, human beings can be defined as machines, and there are philosophical debates as to whether or not we'll end up classifying humanlike AI (or the hardware that supports it) as being alive.

Anyway, I think the argument of "Grown vs. Constructed" is more appropriate for Mother Brain. I think the only aspect of Mother Brain that you could classify as being "born" is her consciousness. In the physical sense, I'm pretty sure she was created artificially. Obviously the technical components are artificial, but I also get the sense that the neural tissue that makes up the "brain" portion isn't naturally-occurring.
You're only the best until someone better comes along. You're the first forever.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 04.30.17 4:32pm

A living machine is an organic computer you grew in a test tube and later put into a bigger liquid container, the American government already has living computers like that, a cybernetic organism is an organism thats already been born and you add machines to like oh say...meta ridley is a cyborg, whereas motherbrain was grown and made by the chozo.

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 05.01.17 11:40am

Oh dear. Don't make me go full "Star Trek nerd" up in here. Suffice to say, in real-world terms, human beings can be defined as machines, and there are philosophical debates as to whether or not we'll end up classifying humanlike AI (or the hardware that supports it) as being alive.
Can, but that muddles things. Androids lack organic components. I am not referring to carbon, either. Androids do not grow, nor do they reproduce, nor can any damage inflicted upon them allow for healing. They do not require caloric intake, either. Although "life" could be redefined in order to include machines, it's a rather abstract word.
A living machine is an organic computer you grew in a test tube and later put into a bigger liquid container, the American government already has living computers like that, a cybernetic organism is an organism thats already been born and you add machines to like oh say...meta ridley is a cyborg, whereas motherbrain was grown and made by the chozo.
Again, "living machine" doesn't make sense. Machines do not reproduce or grow. Machines are made, not born. Cybernetic organisms are already biological organisms with cybernetics. That's all cyborgs are.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.01.17 12:17pm

Androids arent alive at all, ALSO a living machine is a real concept , scientists have shown you can store a lot of data on DNA , the American government wants to produce living machines because it would be more efficient to store data and instead of having to replace parts the machine could just heal itself over time, mother brain is a living machine an organic super computer, those tubes you see attached to it are its life support systems where it gets its nutrients water ect as well as the tubes it uses to manage and watch the various sectors in zebes, a machine can be grown as an organic creature its just a technology that is in its early stages , much like many things we have nowadays would seem impossible to people only 20 years ago or so, once the technology is refined it wont seem like fantasy, if you think about it, scientists love to take ideas from sci-fi things and make them a reality, such as sliding doors in star trek for instance, most supermarkets have automatic sliding doors, a network of information where you can just look anything up? we have that now its called the internet, the question isnt IF we can do something , its figuring out how to make it a reality, as a child holograms like yugioh were just a fantasy, now japan has made realistic holograms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-0aomPykag take a look.

Return to “%s” Metroid Classic