Mother brain's :: physiology:: born or grown?? (Discussion)

Discuss anything related to Classic (2D) Metroid games here!
Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Re: Mother brain's :: physiology:: born or grown?? (Discuss

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 05.02.17 11:42am

Androids arent alive at all,
I know. I made that clear, which is why I said "living machine" doesn't make sense.
ALSO a living machine is a real concept , scientists have shown you can store a lot of data on DNA , the American government wants to produce living machines because it would be more efficient to store data and instead of having to replace parts the machine could just heal itself over time,
I don't know what you mean by "data", but I'm going to take a guess and say you're referring to information. This word is so ambiguous, I don't even know where to begin.
mother brain is a living machine an organic super computer,
So Mother Brain is wetware. As far as I'm aware, it's actually never stated what Mother Brain is, and the assumption that she's an organic supercomputer comes from the Aurora Units.
those tubes you see attached to it are its life support systems where it gets its nutrients water ect as well as the tubes it uses to manage and watch the various sectors in zebes,
You actually don't know that. This is purely conjecture. You could be correct. You could also be incorrect.
a machine can be grown as an organic creature its just a technology that is in its early stages ,
I don't know what you're actually saying here. A machine is made up of wires, plastics, metals. It cannot grow on its own like a biological organism. Developing new technology doesn't mean a machine has grown.

You should be awarded for the longest sentence on Metroid Database.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.02.17 1:28pm

come on man dont be an ass, its blatently obvious those tubes are life support for mother brain, i mean its in a jar surrouned by liquid with wires hooked up to it, and its obvious it can control the machines around it too, and as stated in other M mother brain also had telepathy , as for living machines, people want to produce a creature that works like a super computer but is alive because many scientists have found out a lot of information can be stored on DNA, in the manga they show that mother brain can clearly control machines in any section of Zebes as well and honestly there is nothing wrong with me being optimistic about future technology.
As for DNA Storage, here ya go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_computing

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 05.08.17 12:58pm

come on man dont be an ass, its blatently obvious those tubes are life support for mother brain, i mean its in a jar surrouned by liquid with wires hooked up to it, and its obvious it can control the machines around it too, and as stated in other M mother brain also had telepathy , as for living machines, people want to produce a creature that works like a super computer but is alive because many scientists have found out a lot of information can be stored on DNA, in the manga they show that mother brain can clearly control machines in any section of Zebes as well and honestly there is nothing wrong with me being optimistic about future technology.
As for DNA Storage, here ya go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_computing
I don't know why my skepticism would make me an ass. It's not blatantly obvious, otherwise I would have agreed.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.08.17 3:09pm

Its not what you said, its the way you said it, "longest sentence award" it was rude man

Return to “%s” Metroid Classic