Possibility of a new 2D Metroid on Switch

Discuss anything related to Classic (2D) Metroid games here!
AMetroidGuy

Super Metroid

Possibility of a new 2D Metroid on Switch

Postby AMetroidGuy » 06.22.17 8:46pm

So, Nintendo mentioned that a 2[/.5]D installment for Switch is not out of the question. Presumably, this hinges on good sales of Samus Returns( & maybe Prime 4), but if they were to go for it, what do you want to see next? Do you want to see Metroid: Zebes Revisited, or whatever they would call a ZM/SR-style M3 remake? Do you think it's time to finally move on to Metroid V? Or would you rather see another interquel, giving us a new story while continuing to leave Fusion as the end of the timeline?
AMETROIDGUY: The Bitch Is Back.( Sometimes.)
Thanks for making me love proper grammar & hate most people on the Internet. :P
OhThatEthanMiguel/AKAGamerGuy/NintendoGaymer around the web. Follow/subscribe! Also: G+ tumblr LJ
FCs
My blog, Don't Read This Yet! .net( a.k.a. DRTYnet)

Apothem

Re: Possibility of a new 2D Metroid on Switch

Postby Apothem » 06.23.17 1:14pm

Firstly: Changed topic title to be less vague. "2D Switch" had me thinking this was something to do with the hardware and not a hypothetical new Metroid game.

Secondly: We don't need another remake so soon. We've also got a handy-dandy discussion topic for a Super Metroid remake right over here. Following Prime 4 what we need is something new. I'd personally prefer a post-Fusion continuation. It's been 15 YEARS since that cliffhanger ending, we deserve a resolution by now. It'd also be very nice to be moving forward again and not having to cram everything in between either Metroid 1 & 2 or Super and Fusion.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: Possibility of a new 2D Metroid on Switch

Postby Zynux » 06.23.17 8:20pm

The last remake left is Super and I doubt they will touch that for a good long while. So unless they do a remake of Super they will probably have to do a Fusion follow up, unless it's going to be another spin-off that fits more console players.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Return to “%s” Metroid Classic