Create a Metroid Upgrade

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
BadGraphics

Mochtroid

Re: Create a Metroid Upgrade

Postby BadGraphics » 06.16.15 1:43pm

I really like this idea...
Thanks LordDirk, do you think I should start a thread about it? I was thinking it would be the more of a traditional way as in SM to adjust options directly in the Menu from the get go, the first time you step your foot into the game, ( but it may be more towards more skilled players that have played through a few times and know what they are doing), altough limited by more basic options because you havent unlocked alot of modules yet, for example the diffraction muzzle, so the beam can spread out, these modules can either be found by themselves or a "package" of modules is installed when getting a new beam, like plasma,that maybe installs stronger magnets, accelerators, stronger chamber in general for increased over all performance, or the wave beam, installs a diffraction muzzle and that option is now added to adjust, and you can now turn off the wave beam so the standard beam is active but now you got to play with more options and you see now you have alot of varied beams you can make. and as u said you can make specific needs, a swarm of flies comes towards you and you have a preset for a weak beam, but really wide projectile that you activate instead of a fast and localized one for single targets for maximum area coverage. Ofcourse you can choose to not mess with the options at all, and the standard configurations should be sufficient to play the game fully, like in SM, skip things you dont need or collect things early, shouldnt be mandatory I I think, expands the adventurous feeling and "what the hell do i do now"

Im also thinking of overheating should be implemented. Maybe you want a really strong gun for a short period of time, but it lacks efficient cooling (cold areas may change this) or weak beams that can be spammed for much longer, sort of gives a natural balancing mechanic. Cooling systems can be upgraded or come in package from beams, etc, it is up to you how and how often you use your gun, how accurate you are etc to determine what the best ratio of power and heat loss is. I want to introduce some hidden mechanics like the crystal flash, maybe overheating your gun and depending how overheated it was (maybe you cranket everything to max) it just explodes, making an AoE damage effect, including you (but this is also tweakable, you can turn off or on the "failsafe" function so it doesnt vent the heat or switches to a low powerstate to save frying electronics), or as I said in my first post, to shut off the automatic neutralizing of the beam so Samus becomes negatively charged from all the decoupled electrons from the beam.

Draven

Mochtroid

Postby Draven » 06.22.15 2:40pm

morphing armis
replaces arm cannon and grapple beam or grapple lasso with double plated arms that let the user change their arms or hands into any wepon. heavy, light, fast, slow, any wepon that deals with melee

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 06.22.15 8:48pm

morphing armis
replaces arm cannon and grapple beam or grapple lasso with double plated arms that let the user change their arms or hands into any wepon. heavy, light, fast, slow, any wepon that deals with melee
I've always wondered/hoped that Samus' Arm Cannon was retractable with an armored gauntlet(like it is on her left hand) underneath the cannon, like so:

It would allow Samus to be more versatile and would explain how she climbed those ladders in Fusion.

BadGraphics

Mochtroid

Postby BadGraphics » 09.07.15 4:04am

Some lore and trying to make a samus with correct proportions. im not a very good drawer so takes a long time and also bit of research and thought goes into it aswell.
Attachments
Samus suit test-fit2.jpg
3241445435.jpg

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 09.08.15 6:14pm

:thumbsup:

Good concept art, I like it.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 09.21.15 12:55am

I posted the light visor in LordDirk's thread. It's like the dark visor, except instead of being able to see transdimensional objects, Samus can see through illusions. It's also created by the Luminoth. The visor has a grayscale appearance with the exception of illusions, which are blue. Another one is pascal suit. This nullifies the effects of small surface areas, such as spikes. Screw charge would allow Samus to combine her charge beam with the use of the screw attack, not only creating a stronger energy field to protect her, but also to deliver more damage as well.

BadGraphics

Mochtroid

Postby BadGraphics » 10.02.15 10:01am

I posted the light visor in LordDirk's thread. It's like the dark visor, except instead of being able to see transdimensional objects, Samus can see through illusions. It's also created by the Luminoth. The visor has a grayscale appearance with the exception of illusions, which are blue. Another one is pascal suit. This nullifies the effects of small surface areas, such as spikes. Screw charge would allow Samus to combine her charge beam with the use of the screw attack, not only creating a stronger energy field to protect her, but also to deliver more damage as well.
What do you mean by illusions? If a visor can remove that, I guess you mean optical illusions, and there are many types of those. Some have to do with our interpretation of shadows and light, some with depth and motion colors, spatial etc. For example the checker shadow illusion, how does a visor make her "unsee" the illusion, and it is arguable if it is even good, because its a consequence how the brain handles input from the world as good as it can to survive better.

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 11.09.15 11:12am

What do you mean by illusions? If a visor can remove that, I guess you mean optical illusions, and there are many types of those. Some have to do with our interpretation of shadows and light, some with depth and motion colors, spatial etc. For example the checker shadow illusion, how does a visor make her "unsee" the illusion, and it is arguable if it is even good, because its a consequence how the brain handles input from the world as good as it can to survive better.
Something like a wall being present, but not really there was something I had in mind. Or an invisible floor could be unveiled with the light visor. Or someone can be under the guise of a teammate, but is really a villain and could be detected. It'd also overcome camouflage. Perhaps pinpointing what makes something an illusion is what the visor would correct and this could be seen as a blue color where the grayscale area is ignored. I also don't agree that illusions help us survive. An octopus blending into the sea floor isn't helping any marine life avoid becoming dinner.

Return to “%s” Fan Creations