Metroid +H Teaser

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
4Sweet2Leaf0

Anonymous

Metroid +H Teaser

Postby 4Sweet2Leaf0 » 06.25.09 12:19am

Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHBwosCIoTc

Metroid +H is currently being re-vamped with new Samus sprites and a new engine, so the demo won't be released for a while :\ There isn't enough gameplay in the current demo to release it either so I figured I'd just make this video :P Let me know what you think!

More info about Metroid +H here: http://metroidr.brpxqzme.net/olympus_mi ... f=12&t=786

-Plot-
With the threat of the Space Pirates finally diminishing across the galaxy, the Galactic Federation continued with their expeditions across the universe discovering and studying unknown planets and solar systems...
On these expeditions a research team discovered a planet with an unknown mineral not yet recorded in the Galactic Federation’s list of elements found within the galaxy.
After extensive research with the mysterious mineral Galactic Federation scientists discovered that an engineered variation of the mineral possessed the ability to regenerate living tissue in a matter of days.
Upon further studies scientists were able to modify the regenerative quality of the mineral for cloning and accelerated growth research.
Before long the Galactic Federation developed a method of engineering cloned organisms with a growth rate of over 2,000% compared to normal specimens.
This new compound was aptly called the Plus Health (+H) Compound or “Plush” Compound, for short.
The Galactic Federation soon began research to find a medical application for the +H Compound, hoping to use it for the good of the Galaxy…

However, their efforts were quickly halted before they could continue their research. The remaining Space Pirates, after learning of the existence of the +H Compound, attacked the research facility and stole the Federation’s records of the +H Compound.
With the +H Compound in their possession the Space Pirates fled to a newly built planet they kept hidden from the Galactic Federation’s expedition teams.
This planet was constructed using the exact specifications and conditions the former planet Zebes contained. With this new planet the Space Pirates planned to use the +H Compound to clone their former leaders and once again establish their reign over the galaxy.

With the Galactic Federation's military unable to infiltrate the Space Pirates Lair, Samus Aran was once again summoned to stop the Pirates from completing their plans. With her experience against the Space Pirates hopefully she can stop them once again.
Last edited by 4Sweet2Leaf0 on 06.25.09 1:02am, edited 3 times in total.

kenji imatake

Hatchling

Re: Metroid +H Teaser

Postby kenji imatake » 06.25.09 12:25am

Oh! right, I gotta finish the subscreen stuff!
Credit to Miles07 for the PED and Hazard suit.

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 06.25.09 12:28am

Looks interesting, although I'm not sure about chibi Samus, and some of the sprites (and that Metroid concept art) are taken from other games. Overall the gameplay looks great, though.
Also, I don't get how the Space Pirates could build a planet unless they've got Slartibartfast on their side.
i like it when people sig me

4Sweet2Leaf0

Anonymous

Postby 4Sweet2Leaf0 » 06.25.09 12:33am

Steamlord wrote:Looks interesting, although I'm not sure about chibi Samus, and some of the sprites (and that Metroid concept art) are taken from other games. Overall the gameplay looks great, though.
Also, I don't get how the Space Pirates could build a planet unless they've got Slartibartfast on their side.

Yeah the chibi samus takes some getting used to, but once you actually play the game it's easily overlooked XD Most of the sprites are from ZM/Fusion, and the samus sprites were done by Rapid The Hedgehog. What do you mean by the Metroid concept art btw? Do you mean the titlescreen graphics?

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 06.25.09 12:38am

Yeah. It seemed pretty blatant to me. Maybe a newly made sprite would work better for that.

4Sweet2Leaf0

Anonymous

Postby 4Sweet2Leaf0 » 06.25.09 12:41am

Hmm maybe. I like the style but it's "heavily pixelated" and doesn't look very smooth. It was also the easiest SNES style Metroid logo to make the matching +H for so.

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 06.25.09 12:55am

I actually meant a new Metroid sprite for the title screen (the creature, not the title), although I'm not sure if you're planning to put that in the finished product, since it was in the screenshot but not the video.

4Sweet2Leaf0

Anonymous

Postby 4Sweet2Leaf0 » 06.25.09 1:00am

Oooh that, I thought you were talking about the title in the video. But yea that metroid graphic is garbage. I mean it's a good graphic but I had to resize and cut it out from JPEG form so I kinda ruined it. Also those screenshots are pretty old, I noted it above them but it's easy to miss :P

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 06.25.09 1:09am

Okay, that one looks a lot better.
Anyway, as odd as the concept seems, it looks pretty good so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Sylux

Anonymous

Postby Sylux » 06.25.09 1:28am

Looks good; are you making this in Double Helix, or did you code it from the ground up?

My one complaint is the Samus sprite. Please, for the love of god, anything but that.

kenji imatake

Hatchling

Postby kenji imatake » 06.25.09 1:41am

he is making it in Multimedia Fusion 2.
Credit to Miles07 for the PED and Hazard suit.

Lazarius

Super Metroid

Postby Lazarius » 06.25.09 3:15am

Samus as a Mario sprite.

Wut.

Reconite

Metroid Queen

Postby Reconite » 06.25.09 3:18am

I love the gameplay, especially all the stuff you can do with a speed booster in this one, but I don't like the Samus sprite that much... :P

Silver Skree

Anonymous

Postby Silver Skree » 06.25.09 3:37am

Haha. Actually, I don't mind the Samus sprite at all. It adds a little bit of lightheartedness to the game, and with how awesome the rest of it is, that's a move he can very much afford to make.

Good job man, I'm really looking forwad to this.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 06.25.09 11:49am

Silver Skree wrote:Haha. Actually, I don't mind the Samus sprite at all. It adds a little bit of lightheartedness to the game, and with how awesome the rest of it is, that's a move he can very much afford to make.

Good job man, I'm really looking forwad to this.

This.

Toon Samus is fine with me, and the overall gameplay seems awesome. Nice work.
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Return to “%s” Fan Creations