What if Samus was shoved in another fandom?

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Re: What if Samus was shoved in another fandom?

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 10.14.15 10:24pm

An obvious fandom would be Star Wars. Star Wars seems like a galaxy where Samus would have a lot of work to do. Yes there's the Samus vs Boba Fett thing, but Samus' physical abilities and tech fare so far ahead of Boba, Samus stomps him. I've seen a thread about Samus fighting Darth Vader though. Samus' interaction with a force wielder is an interesting debate. With Samus' seemingly pre-cognitive stuff with the sense-move, she would probably make a great Jedi. If her lifespan has been increased due to the Chozo, she'd have PLENTY of time to practice.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 10.15.15 1:39pm

Samus would stomp almost anything with a blaster, since her own arsenal is demonstrably more powerful than most any infantry weapon in the setting and her armor actually works - though exactly how well against Star Wars tech is a question with no clear answer - however, she likely wouldn't stand much of a chance against an even remotely competent force user, but there again the Force, who can use it, and how are incredibly inconsistent throughout the franchise.

The short of it is Samus has no practical defense against force powers, and probably no adequate defense against lightsabers either.

Varia31

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia31 » 10.15.15 6:12pm

I don't see why Samus couldn't take on Jedi. Sure, the Force would be a major problem, and if she were to deal with someone like the Emperor or Vader, or perhaps characters like Mace Windu or Yoda, she'd be in trouble. However, I know at least one website I ran across theorised that her Gravity Suit might be able to withstand a saber considering she can bathe in lava with the thing. That, and while I doubt those Pirate energy scythes hold a candle to a saber, she can tank plenty of hits from those just fine. Plus, her armor has shielding, and may be composed of a material that lightsabers have trouble cutting through. We don't know.

Point being, plenty of non-Force wielders have killed Force wielders. Take Jango Fett for instance. He killed several Jedi knights with his bare hands after they had wiped out his squad, and then another time he defeated the rogue dark Jedi, Komari Vosa. Then there was that council member that jumped up to the Geonosis arena balcony that Dooku was on, and Jango simply gunned him down. Then there's the fact that most of the Jedi (Masters included) were killed by Clone troopers. And heck, on durability again, Jango wears durasteel, which can take glancing hits from sabers, and it's definitely not as strong or expensive as Mandalorian armor, which is what Boba wears. Now take Samus, who can get hit by explosions, missiles, plasma, antimatter, interdimensional beams, the supernatural, dark matter, magic, and more. You've got a really tough nut to crack! In fact, right there: plasma. A lightsaber is in fact a concentrated beam of plasma itself, so how are we to assume she couldn't take a hit from one? Plus, Samus has a ton of weapons that could at least distract a Jedi, plus her speed and strength. If she manages to get a hold of a Jedi, it's over. If a non-superhuman like Jango can kill a Jedi with his fists, imagine what Samus could do.
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 10.16.15 5:38pm

Was it ever explicitly stated that Lightsabers can cut through anything that isn't specifically designed to resist Lightsabers? Even if Lightsabers could literally cut through anything, I think Samus' shields would still protect her. If Samus got in constant contact with a Lightsaber for some reason, like if she grabbed it or get pinned by one, I think it would act like Phazon from Prime 1 or Dark Aether without the Dark Suit, where Samus' shields go down really fast. Samus gets so many Energy Tanks, it would take quite a few of Lightsaber strikes to take Samus down for good, and it's not like she's a regular guy in armor, she's really fast and agile. Then of course there's the Force. Would Samus' seemingly pre-cognitive sensemove let her dodge stuff like Force Push? Also, you know how the Gravity Feature form Other M allowed Samus to not get sucked into Space? Samus was able to run and jump around like nothing's wrong while everything else is hanging on for dear life. Knowing this, would stuff like Force Push even affect her? Force Choke would most likely work, but couldn't Samus just increase her gravitational pull using the Gravity Feature to make herself really hard to keep up in the air?
Point being, plenty of non-Force wielders have killed Force wielders. Take Jango Fett for instance. He killed several Jedi knights with his bare hands after they had wiped out his squad, and then another time he defeated the rogue dark Jedi, Komari Vosa. Then there was that council member that jumped up to the Geonosis arena balcony that Dooku was on, and Jango simply gunned him down. Then there's the fact that most of the Jedi (Masters included) were killed by Clone troopers. And heck, on durability again, Jango wears durasteel, which can take glancing hits from sabers, and it's definitely not as strong or expensive as Mandalorian armor, which is what Boba wears. Now take Samus, who can get hit by explosions, missiles, plasma, antimatter, interdimensional beams, the supernatural, dark matter, magic, and more. You've got a really tough nut to crack! In fact, right there: plasma. A lightsaber is in fact a concentrated beam of plasma itself, so how are we to assume she couldn't take a hit from one? Plus, Samus has a ton of weapons that could at least distract a Jedi, plus her speed and strength. If she manages to get a hold of a Jedi, it's over. If a non-superhuman like Jango can kill a Jedi with his fists, imagine what Samus could do.
Then there's that right there. I don't think it's much of a debate that Samus has a significant advantage in terms of physical capability and equipment/firepower when compared to Jango/Boba Fett. If they can kill Jedi can go toe to toe with characters like Obi-Wan and Darth Vader and come out alive, Samus has much more of a chance than either Fett ever did. Samus' jet boosters won't malfunction when she needs them most for instance...

Besides, comparing Samus to a Jedi, especially for a Death Battle, seems like a bad idea since they are different "types" of characters, if that makes any sense. First of all, Jedi use swords while Samus uses a gun. Vader and Samus wear an armor-suit, but for very different reasons. Very little to compare and how the Force would affect Samus could be a days long debate in and of itself.

Varia31

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia31 » 10.16.15 7:09pm

Well, if we want to count the old Clone Wars cartoon where everything was exaggerated, General Grievous, while at his peak physical condition, could dodge Force pushes. Heck, Jedi use precognition to deflect stuff and sense things, so I'm sure Samus could sense something too and avoid it. Besides that, her Gravity Suit could make things easier for her. Not only that, but Samus can plow throw mountain sides or metal pillars with her Speed Booster, or better yet, actually ram into something hard enough to stop her while Shinesparking at supersonic speeds, and she shakes off like nothing happened. If she can do that, then I'm pretty sure she could handle being thrown around by the Force. Force Lightning, she could probably pull through and retaliate. For Force Choke, her Gravity Suit might help with that, but I like to think she could attempt to change into Morph Ball form and just drop a Power Bomb. Problem solved. lol And again on physical abilities, I think crushing a Jedi would be simple enough for her. Of course, I'd like to think she'd be an ally of the Republic/Rebellion anyways, since she has the heart for it. She's not just any mercenary.

Anyways, I wonder what would happen if Samus ended up in Fairy Tail? Hmmm... A friend of mine thinks she and Erza Scarlett could get along well. :awesome:
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it.

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 11.09.15 11:44am

Lightsabers are made of plasma. Has Samus ever dealt with plasma? Phantoon produces plasma, as do dragons, as does Ridley, as does Ghor, as do several space pirates. While it could be said that lightsabers might harm Samus, it's not going to outright kill her. I've also calculated the plasma beam from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (and this can be applied to the plasma beam in Metroid Prime and possibly the light beam in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes) to produce 9.498 * 10^9 J of energy. This is approximately 1/9 times the energy released by total fission of 1 gram of U-235. I'm not sure what Force choke would be about, but if the morph ball changes Samus into a ball of energy, then she cannot be choked. At this point, Samus would likely go with the power bomb, due to its large blast radius.

Also, enjoy.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 11.18.15 12:35am

A part of me thinks it would be interesting if Samus was in the Supernatural universe. Plenty of characters are hunters, she's a hunter. There are plenty of monsters she could handle, like Vampires and if we're stretching it MAYBE Demons, but there are plenty of other creatures that Samus most likely couldn't do anything about, like Angels. One of the reasons this might be interesting is to see how Samus could deal with Supernatural enemies. There's the Chozo Ghosts from Prime, but the only other enemy that comes close to Supernatural would be Phantoon, but I don't think it's actually a ghost. Maybe she could somehow incorporate some sort of anti-supernatural weapon or a ability? I don't think so, but it might be interesting to see what might happen if Samus was there regardless.

LordDirk

Gamma Metroid

Postby LordDirk » 01.11.16 2:41am

A part of me thinks it would be interesting if Samus was in the Supernatural universe.
In that vein of thought, I'd be surprised if no one has already brought it up but.. what if Samus was shoved into the Bloodborne universe? It's rife with inter-dimensional H.P. Lovecraftian monstrosities. How well do you think Samus would survive in a universe such as that? I'm sure the garden variety enemies would give her little trouble, as the grand majority of them rely on melee attacks, but the upper echelon bosses can conjure meteor storms, black holes, and other crazy voodoo magic. On top of that it seems that in order to ascend into other planes of existence or to even harm some of these creatures, a certain type of blood is required, which has a bad habit of infecting those that do with the "Scourge of the Beast" Is this technology compatible with her suit?

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 01.11.16 1:44pm

As is always the question, if she could retain her signature abilities then Samus would make short work of most anything Yharnam or beyond could throw at her. Her suit's organic in nature, to some degree at least, and either it or she should be able to "benefit" from the blood to much the same extent as the hunters do. Whether it'd have the same... unfortunate consequences is a different matter entirely.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 01.11.16 2:02pm

A part of me thinks it would be interesting if Samus was in the Supernatural universe.
In that vein of thought, I'd be surprised if no one has already brought it up but.. what if Samus was shoved into the Bloodborne universe? It's rife with inter-dimensional H.P. Lovecraftian monstrosities. How well do you think Samus would survive in a universe such as that? I'm sure the garden variety enemies would give her little trouble, as the grand majority of them rely on melee attacks, but the upper echelon bosses can conjure meteor storms, black holes, and other crazy voodoo magic. On top of that it seems that in order to ascend into other planes of existence or to even harm some of these creatures, a certain type of blood is required, which has a bad habit of infecting those that do with the "Scourge of the Beast" Is this technology compatible with her suit?
First point for me is that, since every enemy in Bloodborne can be killed by one guy with a sword, I don't think Samus will have much issue. The Hunter from Bloodborne doesn't need to coat his weapons in some sort of special blood to kill bosses, he just needs to hit the bosses enough for them to drop. The Hunter I think needs the blood to get physical and magical abilities that would be necessary for the Hunter to keep up with his enemies, but every enemy still drops once you whack them enough. From my experience playing Bloodborne, you don't need a special type of blood just to harm some bosses as if it's Kryptnonite. You hit the boss enough with your weapon(s), it dies. Samus has an arsenal of missiles among other things at her disposal, and she is HELLA more durable than the Hunter is. If Samus was shoved into Bloodborne, it would probably be just another day at the office for her, more or less. Some of the bosses in Bloodborne are powerful like the Amygdalas, but melee weapons can kill them, so 150 missiles to the face will probably kill them a lot faster. The insanity/insight thing might do something, but then again, Samus has seen Eldritch Abomination like creatures before like Metroid Prime, Flaagra, or Mother Brain's robot body from Super Metroid. so I don't think the creatures in Bloodborne will be that off the wall. Speaking of Mother Brain, the Brain of Mensis looks very similar to Mother Brain. Although, the One Reborn will most definitely give Samus the creeps.

Passion

Egg

Postby Passion » 08.09.16 9:13pm

I'm currently obsessed with the Ace Attorney games (still waiting on the US release of AA6 next month), if anyone hadn't mention this yet, what if Samus becomes a defense attorney? One of the prosecutors could be the Federation Colonel from Other M, Anthony as a detective, Adam being Samus's mentor.

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 12.19.16 11:27pm

I came across a picture of Samus and Ridley being all friendly-like. Nothing new, but it made me think of The Last Guardian. I suddenly got a mental image of little Samus leading a large, feathery Ridley through the ruins of a Chozo city.

:creature: :zss:
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Return to “%s” Fan Creations