"Ridely Banned"

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
-ChozoChild-

User avatar

Ridley
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: 08.06.09 10:10pm

"Ridely Banned"

Postby -ChozoChild- » 04.17.10 3:54pm

Image

I thought of this idea after being "Gannon Banned" once after having spelled Ganon wrong. Ever heard of 'Gannon Banned'?
Get the idea? So I thought for this little Metroid community it would be fun to make a 'Ridely Banned' page.
We'd make points or rules to clarify what the most common errors or mistakes fans or non-fans alike make with the Metroid series. Please keep in mind these are not opinion based-- these are real errors that fans or non-fans have made. Please don't make up a rule that hasn't happened or occurred. Thank you.
Would anyone be interested in making some rules?

Advertising: Thanks to IE (Infinity's End) we have an awesome image/smiley to promote this idea. Use em...! :r-b:

The 'Ridely Banned' List:
(These are in no particular order. I'll add your rules to the list when I can.)

1. Thinking Samus is a guy.
2. Thinking Samus' name is 'Metroid'.
3. Saying that Zero Mission takes place before Metroid, hence is not a remake.
4. Referring to Echoes as "metroid 2" or Corruption as "metroid 3."
5. Asking if Mother Brain is an aurora unit.
6. Thinking Metroid ripped off Halo.
7. Thinking Metroid Ripped off Aliens.
8. Thinking that "Prime" is a part of the series' name.
9. Still calling Anothony Higgs: "Remember Me Guy" or "Mysterious Black Dude".
10. Saying Samus as "SAH-mus!".
11. Believing that Kraid's spikes are really fish.
12. Claiming that Samus only has one true hair-color.
13. Thinking that the Varia suit is Samus' basic suit (as in, not Power Suit).
14. Believing that Ridley never actually died, just cleverly ran away.
15. Saying Metroid is a ripoff of Magaman.
16. Believing that Kraid is fight-able in Prime.
17. Thinking the Omega Pirate replaced Kraid in Prime.
18. If you think the Dragons in Norfair are Seahorses. <3
19. Giving Gunpei Yokoi 100% credit for the series.
20. Saying Metroid Prime isn't a Metroid.
21. Saying there's a secret password in M1 to play as Samus naked.
22. Refusing to accept how Samus turns her suit on/off because it reminds you of Power Rangers.
23. Thinking that metroids are a rip off of headcrabs.
24. Misspelling Metroid as 'Metriod', and Ridley as 'Ridely'.
25. Calling Metroid Prime a FPS.
26. When people think Samus blew up the Pirate Homeworld in Corruption.
27. When people think certain games aren't canon anymore just because they aren't specifically mentioned in the latest game.
28. When people think the Chozo aren't canon anymore just because they aren't specifically mentioned in the latest game.
29. Thinking there was a Metroid game for the Nintendo64.
30. Thinking Metroid started the term "Bounty Hunter".
31. Thinking that dark samus was born on dark aether or is related to the ing.
32. Thinking the omega fusion suit is the original varia suit.
33. Calling Ridley "Ripley" or mispronouncing his name in any form or fashion.
Last edited by -ChozoChild- on 03.05.13 4:24pm, edited 16 times in total.
ImageImage
Image Bored...? Use TUMBLR-TROID!

MoonWatcher

Gamma Metroid
 
Posts: 370
Joined: 02.14.10 5:31pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby MoonWatcher » 04.17.10 5:15pm

there arent that many mistakes that people make
but in the beginning of metroid histroy.....
1.thinking samus is a guy
Image
.....
holy shit
didnt see that coming
I didn't break it, I just un-fixed it

yodanut

Gamma Metroid
 
Posts: 311
Joined: 06.11.07 6:28pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby yodanut » 04.17.10 5:47pm

Thinking Samus' name is 'Metroid'.

Naner

User avatar

Dark Samus
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: 05.23.07 3:29pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Naner » 04.17.10 5:48pm

Calling Samus Metroid.
EDIT: Ninjaed.

Saying that Metroid II is the worst blasphemy that ever happened to explode upon our Earth.

Saying that Zero Mission takes place before Metroid, hence is not a remake.

Saying that the Wii controls suck.

Saying that Hunters had an awesome single-player campaign.
Naner, you rock.
Image
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Sylux

Anonymous
 

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Sylux » 04.17.10 6:25pm

Referring to Echoes as "metroid 2" or Corruption as "metroid 3."

Asking if Mother Brain is an aurora unit.

Writing terrible fan fiction.

Satch

Kraid
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: 09.01.08 1:16pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Satch » 04.17.10 7:22pm

Thinking Metroid ripped off Halo.

More to come.
Image Image
IF ADAM WANTS A GIRL TO ****ING DANCE, HE SHOULD JUST GO TO A STRIP CLUB. ~Doc Scratch

Yutrzenika

Anonymous
 

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Yutrzenika » 04.17.10 7:34pm

I never got why people though Metroid Prime was a Halo ripoff, they're completely different! XD

Anyways...
Thinking Metroid Ripped off Aliens (Yes, I know Metroid got inspiration from Aliens, but there's a difference between inspiration, and ripping off :P ).

Naner

User avatar

Dark Samus
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: 05.23.07 3:29pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Naner » 04.17.10 7:37pm

Thinking that "Prime" is a part of the series' name.

Asking if the gun is attached to Metroid's arm.
Naner, you rock.
Image
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

LesserChozo

User avatar

Moderator
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: 10.04.09 6:18pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby LesserChozo » 04.17.10 8:34pm

Darth Naner wrote:Saying that the Wii controls suck.

I think this is too generic, unless you specifiy the controls for Corruption/Trilogy.
Sylux wrote:Writing terrible fan fiction.
Not sure this fits, but I agree. {iCarly} Sorry, CC. :P


Metroid Prime is not a "shooter."
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.
Image

Naner

User avatar

Dark Samus
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: 05.23.07 3:29pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Naner » 04.17.10 8:38pm

LesserChozo wrote:
Darth Naner wrote:Saying that the Wii controls suck.

I think this is too generic, unless you specifiy the controls for Corruption/Trilogy.

Well, I thought it was obvious I was talking about Corruption/Trilogy controls. We are talking about Metroid, afterall.


Saying that a Metroid movie is gonna come out next year.

Calling "Remember Me Guy" "Mysterious Black Dude".
Naner, you rock.
Image
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Emperor Ing

User avatar

Nightmare
 
Posts: 5159
Joined: 12.27.07 1:22pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Emperor Ing » 04.17.10 8:41pm

I thought Mysterious Black Dude fit better, considering how he's MBD right here on the MDB.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.
Image

Naner

User avatar

Dark Samus
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: 05.23.07 3:29pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Naner » 04.17.10 8:41pm

Emperor Ing wrote:I thought Mysterious Black Dude fit better, considering how he's MBD right here on the MDB.

That's exactly the problem!

You have no friggin' idea of how many times I mistyped and misread MDB and MBD last year.
Naner, you rock.
Image
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Balkoth

Omega Metroid
 
Posts: 848
Joined: 04.10.10 8:02am

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Balkoth » 04.17.10 10:06pm

You say Samus as SAM-us, and some noob "corrects" you by saying "It's SAH-mus!".

EDIT: Some assume Metroid is a childrens'/kiddie franchise, simply because it's Nintendo exclusive.
When somebody tells me he doesn't believe in violence, I punch him in the face to inform him of its existence.

Sylux

Anonymous
 

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby Sylux » 04.17.10 10:56pm

Balkoth wrote:You say Samus as SAM-us, and some noob "corrects" you by saying "It's SAH-mus!".

EDIT: Some assume Metroid is a childrens'/kiddie franchise, simply because it's Nintendo exclusive.


On that note...

You think that your pronunciation of "Zebes" is the true one and correct everyone else.

-ChozoChild-

User avatar

Ridley
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: 08.06.09 10:10pm

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby -ChozoChild- » 04.17.10 10:59pm

I have a few:

* Thinking that Retro Studios will make a 4th Prime game
* Believing that Kraid's spikes are really fish
* Fighting over Samus' true hair color: Green (original metroid) or Blond (every other game) and Purple (from the MP comic).
Last edited by -ChozoChild- on 04.17.10 11:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Image Bored...? Use TUMBLR-TROID!


Return to “%s” Fan Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests

cron