"Ridely Banned"

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
LesserChozo

Re: "Ridely Banned"

Postby LesserChozo » 11.03.10 9:51pm

How does a suit have Samus' DNA in it? I thought Metroid Prime was going to implode unless it had enough phazon, it's own depleted, so it took the pure phazon shell of Samus' suit (kind of like a cicada's) and became an organism within it. I would guess Prime keeps it's original gender, which was neutral.
Samus and her suit are genetically bonded, or something like that. Just speculating here, but when the phazon fused with her suit, it adapted to it's properties which included compatibility with Samus' DNA and that was retained when Metroid Prime pulled the phazon part of her suit out.
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Chipou

Metroid Queen

Postby Chipou » 11.03.10 10:23pm

Moreover, what kind of counterargument is that wall thing? Your wall actually exists, but Dark Samus doesn't. Since Retro created Dark Samus and determined all her (ficticious) attributes, if they say Dark Samus is female, DARK SAMUS IS FEMALE.
^
forgets the lores are sometimes written by stupid creatures that often doesnt know any better.

well anyways the scan seems to prove most anyways

Smoking Spoon

Omega Metroid

Postby Smoking Spoon » 11.04.10 2:05am

Dark Samus obviously have no gender. They refer to it as she , because saying He would have been awkward . XD
"He died as he lived, with jelly all over his face." ~ Tom Servo

Troid

Metroid Queen

Postby Troid » 11.04.10 3:24pm

Dark Samus obviously have no gender. They refer to it as she , because saying He would have been awkward . XD
It is used to indicate unknown gender or lack of one.
Image Melissa Image

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 11.04.10 3:27pm

Yup, Troid knows what it's talking about. :awesome: -_-; :/
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

Chipou

Metroid Queen

Postby Chipou » 11.04.10 5:31pm

not to drag this argument you already won on, but thats only what smart people do. were talking about a species known to release metroids and take them home as pets and use them as target practice

Troid

Metroid Queen

Postby Troid » 11.04.10 6:03pm

were talking about a species known to release metroids and take them home as pets and use them as target practice
...But we weren't. I've been talking about the actual scan of Dark Samus herself. That's the one I posted, not Lore.
Image Melissa Image

Smoking Spoon

Omega Metroid

Postby Smoking Spoon » 11.12.10 4:28am

My bad... hehe :AH: (But why didn't they write It? I mean, if it/she absorb other male organism dna she/it will inherit male characterization , no? So if she transform into a "male" organism then a female one, it's a he or she? Or what if it/she/he possess both gender? Ah forget it, my nose's bleeding XD . )

In french, everything have a gender , don't ask me why some stuff are male and other female though XD . That's why Stephen King book "It" don't have much sense translated in french ( "Ca" , literally it mean "It" but , well, let's say it's one of those word that's cannot be translated at 100%)

Example..

Chair - Female
Meat - Female
Pencil - Male
Computer - Male
Metroid - Male (Maybe female if we write it this way , Metroide (Because it's a proper noun)

O.K. , enough of off topic stuff ... haha
----------------------------------------------------

Finish metroid II through the secret world (aka : press select rapidly )
"He died as he lived, with jelly all over his face." ~ Tom Servo

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 11.12.10 7:53am

"It" is generally not used to describe people, and since Dark Samus is humanoid, "it" is somewhat inappropriate. Regarding the Pirate scans, they probably couldn't differentiate between Samus and Dark Samus initially, thinking them one and the same. The fact still remains, however, that Dark Samus is a genetic clone of Samus, not just a pile of phazon taking her shape. Phazon itself may be gender neutral, if that even applies, but when Metroid Prime fused with the phazon and absorbed Samus' DNA, or genetic identity, it took on a female persona. Therefore Dark Samus is female. <3

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 06.24.15 11:13am

Good point Lesser Chozo. I didn't think about it that way.
---
Calling Metroid: The Other M a bad game without playing it.
:P

AaronAGN

Egg

Postby AaronAGN » 03.03.17 1:39am

So I have a question about #10.
SAM-us, not SAH-mus. Got it.
But I read somewhere that her name was inspired/based on the Irish Seamus. Gaelic version of the English James which in turn was a variation on the Latin and Hebrew Jacob.
Seamus means to "supplant" or "overthrow" And Shamus is Yiddish for "detective".
I always thought this was fitting because She solves mysterious things, sorts out mysterious locales, Kills Mother Brain and the Metroid Queen.
So if her name is basically the female and sci-fi bent take on Seamus. Shouldn't her name be pronounced SAME-us?

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 03.03.17 2:44pm

Fair point. However, the Japanese is サムス (sa-mu-su). "SAH-moos" may be more accurate, though I don't think that's typical in English pronunciations.

Return to “%s” Fan Creations