Metroid Cosplay

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
Mewtwo

Omega Metroid

Metroid Cosplay

Postby Mewtwo » 08.19.10 3:05am

Just because I'm a massive cosplay whore, I feel the need to make a general Metroid cosplay thread.
So post your favourite cosplays, or cosplay plans, or anything really. I think I've typed the word cosplay way too many times in this post.

Heres the best around to start things off~ <3

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Re: Metroid Cosplay

Postby Yutrzenika » 08.19.10 3:08am

That's one of my favorite ones! :D
As for my other good ones, I'll need to look them up. I did have one of a dude dressed as Snake from Metal Gear along with Samus, but I can't find it...

EDIT: OK, I found a few that are pretty good! I love google. XD
Here's that one I mentioned. Linked for HUEG.

I can't remember which thread it was, but somebody posted a picture of somebody cosplaying as a Torizo that was really cool.

Vesko

Omega Metroid

Postby Vesko » 08.19.10 3:27am

Right, that would be ChozoBoy from the forums. it's in a thread somewhere. :P
' ' 'Image
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'My blog: The Nav Room!

Mewtwo

Omega Metroid

Postby Mewtwo » 08.19.10 3:30am

Unfortunately there's not much good 'suited' Samus cosplay. Pixelninja's is popular, but I don't really like hers as much, cause the proportions are off. It still looks really nice though ;A;
Also, Katsu is really awesome (the Zero Suit that you linked)
I'm gonna post a few more of my favourites now:

(I'm also gonna be shameless and post my own Zero Suit :'D)

You can expect to see me spamming a few new ZSS photos after September, as well as new Young Samus photos.

But after the end of this year I have plans to make a full Varia suit, with all those gorgeous details from Prime, and I also really want to make a Fusion suit (though that one will take a lot of planning)

Also, someone please tell me if I should be linking these images -_-;

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 08.19.10 3:57am

Woah! That's your Zero Suit!? Awesome job! It looks pretty good! :D

Also, you only need to worry about linking a pic if it's really big.

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 08.19.10 7:26am

Here is a little insider info...
Jenni (pixelninja) is making 2 brand new suits.
Ive said to much already...

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

-ChozoChild-

Ridley

Postby -ChozoChild- » 08.19.10 11:56am

Overall I think Yuki is the Queen of Samus cosplays, but I liked your Zerosuit- Mewtwo.
Your eyes seem are really rich in that photo, it might be in part to the hair. Great job. <3
Last edited by -ChozoChild- on 08.21.11 2:48pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
Image Bored...? Use TUMBLR-TROID!

Labrynian Rebel

Metroid Queen

Postby Labrynian Rebel » 08.19.10 12:39pm

(I'm also gonna be shameless and post my own Zero Suit :'D)

You can expect to see me spamming a few new ZSS photos after September, as well as new Young Samus photos.

But after the end of this year I have plans to make a full Varia suit, with all those gorgeous details from Prime, and I also really want to make a Fusion suit (though that one will take a lot of planning)

Also, someone please tell me if I should be linking these images -_-;
That is amazing! <3
Image "The world is changing and one does need to choose sides, and sometimes things change so fast that its hard to tell one side from the other."
--George Abbot

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 08.19.10 1:09pm

That is amazing! <3
^^^^Truth^^^^

And I really like that whole kinda subdued smirk. I've always envisioned Samus as the type that, no matter the situation or odds, took things very seriously with the underlying thought that she could go all out and waste everything in sight with ease. 75% Serious, 20% Afraid to be reckless, 5% Reckless. She knew she had the power and was a little afraid to use it to its full potential. That's my interpretation.
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 08.19.10 1:39pm

Yuki is the best Samus cosplayer, bar-none, no questions. No ifs, ands, or buts. Jenni's costume, even though she was one of the "first" and most popular, I don't really like as much. The suit looks cheap, like it's just made of cardboard. And the bends in her clothing doesn't really do much for me. I also don't like the fact that she has 2 bloody rips and she's bleeding out of it. Contrary to popular belief, Samus's armor just doesn't work that way. Sorry, folks.

Her Super Metroid ending outfit is so disgustingly good and so are her corrupted images.

She sent me some pics of her Zero Suit, but she hasn't worn them yet in public. (Believe it or not, she's really shy/self-conscious of her body and the ZS makes you practically naked)

I also think this girl does a good job at ZSS, too. Even though the image is fairly photoshopped. I could have also dealt without the earring.
Attachments
zero_suit_samus_2_by_chrisfkn_web.jpg
Phazon_Corrupted_Samus_by_Yukilefay_web.jpg
Kiriban__prize___Samus_1_by_Yukilefay_web.jpg
Kiriban__prize___Samus_1_by_Yukilefay_web.jpg (27.2 KiB) Viewed 14927 times
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 08.19.10 5:05pm

The ZSS one is fantastic.

Mewtwo

Omega Metroid

Postby Mewtwo » 08.19.10 5:32pm

Hopefully I'll get some better pictures now that I've got a far better wig for it. (and the body for it, but thats another story)

In any case, I have to lend my (somewhat) professional opinion in this topic. I'm always really picky about Zero Suit cosplays, seeing as I did one myself (though mine is far far from perfect. ie, its back to front...)
I really don't like costumes made of latex or of metallic/shiny spandex/pvc, because thats not really what the references look like :<
So I'm not a great fan of Jenni's Zero Suit, although she looks fantastic in it xD And I love that she made the little baby metroid- I really want to try to make one, its so cute :>
Also, sorry if I'm wrong, but it seems that the tealish one was done for a fetish magazine or something >> I'm just not really keen on the overly shiny sexualised versions.

Although the MOM zero suit may be another story.... that definitely looks shiny xD

Now Yuki, I can only wish that I can be a Samus cosplayer as good as her someday ;A; Her stuff is amazing, and is extremely well constructed as well as looking good. She's also got the face for it~ :O I would love to see her costume with a photoshoot in a great setting like Jenni's suit.

-ChozoChild-

Ridley

Postby -ChozoChild- » 08.19.10 5:49pm

That's one aspect I really did enjoy about your cosplay. The fabric choice. When I look at the ZeroMission art and see the Zerosuit-- I don't see it as being shiny, or super shiny. Now Metroid Other M is a whole another story because they changed her Zerosuit completely! O.o Just look at her shoes--DAMN!

Anyway. I think you've done a wonderful job. You really look the part. As you typed it's also nice to have the figure to go with it. As I typed before-- ^_^;; I could use some work in that area. So I choose an outfit I thought I could handle, that represents Miss Aran.

I thought you made a wise choice with you suit. Sometimes cosplayers can make it look too sexualised... and you pointing out.
I've never liked Samus in that persona. >_< So I'm really happy how yours came out.
ImageImage
Image Bored...? Use TUMBLR-TROID!

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 08.19.10 5:51pm

Yes, I must agree, your Cos Play looks really good! :D
I look forward to seeing more!

Xan Kriegor

Omega Metroid

Postby Xan Kriegor » 08.19.10 6:32pm

Sorry for getting off topic here, but why did you have too remove the Other M Caramelldansen from your signature CC?
Image Thanks CC For The Sig!
"Statement: Oh, do shut up, you beeping little trash compactor." ―HK-47 to T3-M4

Return to “%s” Fan Creations