Metroid: Ultimate Dread BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Metroid: Ultimate Dread BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.11.10 2:49pm

Metroid: Ultimate Dread, the exciting and long-desired sequel to Metroid Fusion, has entered another stage of completion!

Sakamoto has leaked some concept art on his blog, detailing some of the ideas that are going to be present in the next greatest installment of the franchise.

Said Sakamoto:
"I know I said you can't compare Metroidu: Ossa M and Superu Metroidu, but I am going to compare these two games now: Metroidu: Urutimatu Dreadu will be 500 times better than Superu Metroidu."

"All my love is in this game," added Sakamoto.

In this piece of concept art, we see Samus, mysteriously in her varia suit (which makes my head spin... doesn't this game take place after Fusion?).
Also in the picture is her ship from Fusion, and a wonderfully stylized shot of Adam Malkovich... could he play a major role again?

Aside from Ridley and a mysterious computer entity hovering over a mysterious facility, there is little else to note in this picture.

We finally have some info about Jarvisharm IV:

"Jarvisharm IV is the fourth moon of the planet Singo VIII, a great and raging gas giant. Jarvisharm is a rocky outcropping in space whose stable surface made it ideal for the installation of a Galactic Federation base used for military training and weapons development. However at the time of the game the station has been assaulted by a mysterious outside force attempting to claim its weapons technologies for its own. Samus is sent as a last resort to either recover the station and its survivors, or to destroy the facility to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands."

Sounds pretty exciting, huh? I wonder who this outside force is??

"I'm not terringu," Sakamoto says, with a coy smile.

But what he WOULD reveal is some frankly AMAZING concept art of the last boss of the game, which makes the previous statements null and void! Sakamoto said on his blog that he had some leftover ideas about the last boss taken from Zero Mission, but he didn't use them, instead settling on the "far more intimidating" designs for MechaRidley as seen in Zero Mission.

Frankly, I am so excited for this game; this is exactly the type of high stride the series need to keep up after the fun action-packed Other M.

Discuss Ultimate Dread's concept and story here, since the official thread was locked for some reason.
Last edited by Emperor Ing on 09.21.10 10:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Outlaw

Anonymous

Re: Metroid: Ultimate Dread CONCEPT ART LEAKED!!!!!

Postby Outlaw » 09.11.10 2:52pm

It has Houston in it.

That automatically makes it better.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.11.10 2:54pm

Hmm, you're right, I didn't notice that when i was looking at the concept art.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Satch

Kraid

Postby Satch » 09.11.10 3:02pm

Looks like they're going back to the clearly superior Ridley design that's in all the other Metroid games except for Other M.

Damn good step in the right direction, if you ask me. I'm really pumped for this game!

GET HYPE
Image Image
IF ADAM WANTS A GIRL TO ****ING DANCE, HE SHOULD JUST GO TO A STRIP CLUB. ~Doc Scratch

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.11.10 3:04pm

Yea but they created a Robot Ridley Mother Brain Chicken Legs Robot as the final boss.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.11.10 3:08pm

Gosh, just the concept art is leaked and already people are complaining about the game?

Satch

Kraid

Postby Satch » 09.11.10 3:12pm

Clearly, Outlaw doesn't appreciate good character design.
Image Image
IF ADAM WANTS A GIRL TO ****ING DANCE, HE SHOULD JUST GO TO A STRIP CLUB. ~Doc Scratch

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.11.10 3:23pm

And Ridley has the word ultimate over him.

Is he saying that? Bad, Ridley shouldn't talk.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.11.10 3:35pm

Outlaw, it's pretty unfair to judge a game you NEVER PLAYED.

I mean, do you KNOW what the context of that ULTIMAAAATE!!!! hovering over MechaMotherRidley's head is?

It's not as if that couldn't be some promo-advertisement for the game!

Satch

Kraid

Postby Satch » 09.11.10 3:40pm

Seriously Outlaw. If you're not gonna take the game as is and appreciate what it's trying to do, you should just go away.

I know I'm going to like this game and nobody's going to change my mind.

Emperor Ing is right; you don't even know the context of the ULTIMAAAATE!!!!
Image Image

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.11.10 3:41pm

And that sphere on that planet is just begging for a copy of Other M or Fusion.

I mean, talking ridley? Robot Ridley Mother Brain Chicken Legs Robot?

And Houston looks like the most interesting man in the world.

Although Houston is cool and so is the most interesting man in the world, this game will suck. I am going to go play my Metroid Prime Hunters.

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 09.11.10 3:46pm

I've already pre-ordered the ultimate collectors edition!
Gonna be beast!

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.11.10 4:05pm

God forbid a series try to take risks like in Ultimate Dread.

What the hell is the point if they just remake Super Metroid 300 times with different palette swaps?

Sakamoto already says this game-u will be 500 times better than Super Metroid, and that's good enough assurance for me.

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.11.10 4:11pm

But it will never be the same I mean is that little camera thing from Portal? Why is Adam here with a tumor on his face? Adam DIED!

I see a Metroid, that can't be possible!

This is going to suck! Big time!

Satch

Kraid

Postby Satch » 09.11.10 4:19pm

Well maybe they CLONED Adam from some DNA he left behind after he had sex with Samus touched Samus' arm on the Bottle Ship.

Jeez Outlaw, it's not that hard to think of possibilities!!!

If you keep up like that, you're going to force yourself into prematurely not liking the game!
Image Image

Return to “%s” Fan Creations