Official Harmony of a Hunter Thread

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
Darren

Gamma Metroid

Official Harmony of a Hunter Thread

Postby Darren » 06.12.11 2:07pm

Since December, i've been trying to organise various projects to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Metroid. Harmony of a Hunter is an album that will celebrate 25 years of Metroid and features music from the majority of Metroid games. The album has been organised via OCRemix with talent sourced from various places across the internet. There is a vast variety of content on this album from the novice to the professional musician, covering a wide range of genres that will hopefully appeal to you no matter what your musical taste is. It's taken a lot of hard work and dedication and we thank everyone for getting involved. Harmony of a Hunter will feature 36 tracks from the majority of Metroid games covered by 24 artists on 2 CD's. The album will feature stunning artwork from Nate Horsfall and the project has been mastered by Lee "The Orichalcon" Barber.

Harmony of a Hunter will release on August 7th and will be available as a free download through Shinesparkers and the wider Metroid community as part of our efforts to mark the 25th anniversary of Metroid. For more information, check out the official Harmony of a Hunter website here:

http://www.shinesparkers.net/harmonyofahunter

We look forward to hearing your comments and thoughts below!
Webmaster of Shinesparkers! Home of the latest Metroid news and exclusive content and features! http://www.shinesparkers.net

mypalkevin

Zeta Metroid

Re: Harmony of a Hunter (preview)

Postby mypalkevin » 06.12.11 2:12pm

That was fucking SICK :D I'm glad it's gonna be free so I can listen to some of my favorite vg music themes remixed to sound even more awesome, I'm marking it on my calender :) .
If Life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
If life gives you diabetes, don't make lemonade.

Chris

Kraid

Postby Chris » 06.12.11 2:40pm

The choir one put big smile on my face when the babah da bah bit started :)

Epic stuff.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 06.12.11 3:19pm

Fan-freaking-tastic! Definitely looking forward to it! Now, why the hell can't Nintendo roll anything halfway decent out for Metroid's 25th?

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Official Harmony of a Hunter Thread

Postby Infinity's End » 08.01.11 3:36pm

Changed this thread into a sticky for further discussion. :metroid:
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
Xerkxes wrote:A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Malake256

Egg

Postby Malake256 » 08.04.11 3:47pm

This is about the coolest Metroid 25th tribute I've seen out there. Super bad ass, nice job guys at Shinesparkers and all them artists!

Varia

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia » 08.05.11 2:17pm

It's out tomorrow correct? I can't wait. Thank you www.shinesparkers.net for your devotion to the Metroid fans.

I can't wait to hear the full-length songs and take time to enjoy the artwork. Thank you everyone who contributed. <3
ImageImageImageImage

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 08.05.11 4:05pm

Looking forward to the project, and wishing I actually had gotten off my butt and contributed for it. >_<X

Great job once more, Darren!
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.07.11 12:16pm

Finally downloading the album now that it's out, impressions after a few good listen troughs. Just wanted to say though that the MDb's links for the album are broken, like all of'em, bringing up an "Error 404" code stating that the "Referring page seems to be wrong or outdated." Of course the album can still be downloaded at Shinesparker's own Harmony of a Hunter webpage but I thought the fine staff at this excellent site might want to know of the trouble.

EDIT: Don't know why, but the .zips I downloaded from the albums front page were corrupt. I'll give it another go but if at all possible Darren may want to check the integrity of the upload, just encase.

Darren

Gamma Metroid

Postby Darren » 08.07.11 1:27pm

Apothem wrote:Finally downloading the album now that it's out, impressions after a few good listen troughs. Just wanted to say though that the MDb's links for the album are broken, like all of'em, bringing up an "Error 404" code stating that the "Referring page seems to be wrong or outdated." Of course the album can still be downloaded at Shinesparker's own Harmony of a Hunter webpage but I thought the fine staff at this excellent site might want to know of the trouble.

EDIT: Don't know why, but the .zips I downloaded from the albums front page were corrupt. I'll give it another go but if at all possible Darren may want to check the integrity of the upload, just encase.

I downloaded the files myself and they're in perfect order. Sorry, I don't know what the problem is.
Webmaster of Shinesparkers! Home of the latest Metroid news and exclusive content and features! http://www.shinesparkers.net

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 08.07.11 2:39pm

Apothem wrote:Finally downloading the album now that it's out, impressions after a few good listen troughs. Just wanted to say though that the MDb's links for the album are broken, like all of'em, bringing up an "Error 404" code stating that the "Referring page seems to be wrong or outdated." Of course the album can still be downloaded at Shinesparker's own Harmony of a Hunter webpage but I thought the fine staff at this excellent site might want to know of the trouble.

There could have been issues earlier because of mistakes with the URL. The full album download URLs were missing the /hoah/ directory from them. 'Tis all fixed now. >_>
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
Xerkxes wrote:A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Chris

Kraid

Postby Chris » 08.07.11 3:49pm

Kraid's Campfire ballad is too awesome for words.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 08.08.11 1:14am

MDb's official review is up:

http://www.metroid-database.com/review_ ... hunter.php

Metroid Headquarters also has a review:

http://www.metroidheadquarters.com/feat ... er-review/

I focused more on the trends of the album and so don't go into every single track, as does Metroid HQ.

There's some really great stuff here. My two favorite pieces are Into the Green World and Hostile Shadows. Really hoping Sam Dillard has the time to make his own album :)

Hopefully we'll get the individual tracks soon!
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.08.11 11:10am

I'm listening to it today when I want music. So far, I'm up to "Leader's Lair". My favorite songs so far are "In the Beginning..." and "Into the Green World". All of the songs are great, but I prefer the ones that feel more organic. Now that I'm at home, I'll continue listening to it using larger headphones.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Lucid Flower

Zeta Metroid

Postby Lucid Flower » 08.08.11 11:13am

:'( :thumbsup:

Amazing! I will have to look up some of these artists in hope that they make equally beautiful original works....I sure hope so!

Thanks!

Happy <3 everybody!
Those who follow rules, have failed to follow their hearts.-Me
-I often find it easier to find truth in the dark. Where others failed to see, or are afraid to look.

Next

Return to Fan Creations