Metroid Pushmos!

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
Sazandora

Metroid

Metroid Pushmos!

Postby Sazandora » 08.11.12 11:24pm

Hello MDb!

As my inaugural post on these forums, I thought I might as well contribute something to the Metroid fandom.

Upon this site's recommendation, I downloaded Pushmo on my 3DS and quickly became addicted to its incredible level editor. As someone who is severely lacking in any sort of artistic skill whatsoever, creating these simple-yet-complex puzzles from preexisting sprites was the perfect way for me to express my love of everything Metroid.

So without further ado, I present my Pushmo renditions of some classic Metroid sprites!

First, we have Samus and Kraid rendered in their full 16x32 pixelated glory. (Unfortunately, Ridley was about 10 pixels too tall for a Pushmo makeover.) :(
Also, I made a Screw Attack, but apparently that name was a little too profane for the censor.

I've also colorized a couple of Metroid II sprites, namely a Zeta and larval Metroid.

From Super Metroid, I used Samus' helmet from the file select screen, the map sprite of her ship (which just may be the easiest Pushmo ever created), a Super Missile and an Energy Tank.

EDIT: I've just finished a Super Metroid-style Rio as well!

And finally, we have some Fusion love with some X parasites (in every color!) and the only sprite of Samus that I could fit into a 32x32 square.

I hope you guys enjoy solving these as much as I enjoyed making them! :)
Last edited by Sazandora on 08.12.12 1:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Re: Metroid Pushmos!

Postby HYRUL3 » 08.12.12 1:03am

These are awesome! I've never even heard of Pushmo, but these are really well done. I love the Metroids that you did, as well as the helmet from Super, which came out really well.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Sazandora

Metroid

Postby Sazandora » 08.12.12 11:58am

Thanks for the feedback! I'm currently working on an Alpha Metroid and Super Metroid's Rio, so I'll be sure to upload those once they're done.

If you're not sure what Pushmo is, basically each pixel (or same-colored group thereof) is a block in the puzzle. While initially two-dimensional, each block can be pulled out by your character and climbed upon in order to reach the flag. You can download it for like $7 if you have a 3DS, and in my opinion it's more than worth it. You should check it out! :)

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 08.12.12 12:14pm

Thanks for the feedback! I'm currently working on an Alpha Metroid and Super Metroid's Rio, so I'll be sure to upload those once they're done.

If you're not sure what Pushmo is, basically each pixel (or same-colored group thereof) is a block in the puzzle. While initially two-dimensional, each block can be pulled out by your character and climbed upon in order to reach the flag. You can download it for like $7 if you have a 3DS, and in my opinion it's more than worth it. You should check it out! :)
I do have a 3DS. I'll have to give it a shot once I get paid. Thanks for the recommendation!
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Sazandora

Metroid

Postby Sazandora » 08.13.12 9:05am

Just finished one based on the titular object of Super Metroid!

mksbf

Gamma Metroid

Postby mksbf » 08.13.12 9:29am

I love this one you're AWESOME. I love the metroid and spin attack too.

You should make a varia one it would be nice, no? ;)

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 08.13.12 9:54am

I love the larva. I don't even know if I'll play, I just like the artistic flair of it, the amount of effort involved. Its really cool.

mksbf

Gamma Metroid

Postby mksbf » 08.13.12 12:04pm

I love the larva. I don't even know if I'll play, I just like the artistic flair of it, the amount of effort involved. Its really cool.
Would love to play, I just haven't the game and can't find it on e-shop :'(

Chris

Kraid

Postby Chris » 08.13.12 1:49pm

It's called pullblox in Europe, I actually forgot I owned this game till read this thread, should dip into it again, didn't get around to finishing the stock levels, good work on your custom ones!

Sazandora

Metroid

Postby Sazandora » 08.13.12 2:20pm

Unfortunately, Pushmos can only be 32x32 at the most. Nearly of all of Samus' post-NES sprites are much larger than that. :'( I'd have to use a crouching sprite or something like that.

...But I suppose it could still be done. To the Spriter's Resource! AWAAAAAAAY!

Sazandora

Metroid

Postby Sazandora » 08.13.12 4:37pm

Why hasn't anyone on TSR ripped the Varia Suit from Zero Mission?

Well anyway, I made due with what I had, and what I had was GRAVITY SUIT! :D

I had to trim one row of pixels off the bottom of this sprite, but I wonder if anyone would have noticed had I not said that.

mksbf

Gamma Metroid

Postby mksbf » 08.13.12 7:03pm

It's called pullblox in Europe, I actually forgot I owned this game till read this thread, should dip into it again, didn't get around to finishing the stock levels, good work on your custom ones!
Thanks for the tip chris, gonna check out.

Unfortunately, Pushmos can only be 32x32 at the most. Nearly of all of Samus' post-NES sprites are much larger than that. :'( I'd have to use a crouching sprite or something like that.

...But I suppose it could still be done. To the Spriter's Resource! AWAAAAAAAY!
What about a skree from sm,it should fit, or some MoM homemade sprite :-? ;)

Sazandora

Metroid

mksbf

Gamma Metroid

Postby mksbf » 08.14.12 3:52am

Just finished a Zero Suit Samus!

I love zero suit Samus and this one is the greater!!! z:P

Ps: maybe its gonna help
Samusnormal.gif

samusfan

Alpha Metroid

Postby samusfan » 08.15.12 3:19am

I loved the Samus' Helmet,Energy Tank,Fusion Samus and Zero Suit Samus, Nice work
If i was in Metroid universe, i would marry Samus,and if i could choose an ability,Speed Booster would be mine.Finally i got all ending pictures,Metroid Fusion JP Version Completed

Return to “%s” Fan Creations