Metroid: Warworld fan game

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
BulletBob

Hatchling

Metroid: Warworld fan game

Postby BulletBob » 09.21.12 12:40am

When Samus's ship gets sucked into a black hole she thinks this must be the end..Think again, because the black hole is merely a doorway to a strange new planet called Warworld. Once her ship lands She is met by Master Chief and Doomguy, who have also been summoned to this horrid place, and they inform her that on this planet your nightmares come to life. Literally!!!

Join Samus, Spartan, and the DoomGuy as they face their greatest fears once again while trying to uncover the mysterious truth behind WARWORLD!!! Demo release soon.ImageImage

BulletBob

Hatchling

Re: Metroid: Warworld fan game

Postby BulletBob » 09.23.12 3:42pm

New Warworld video, Motherbrain fight!!http://youtu.be/eqnJkiYBTXo
Last edited by BulletBob on 10.22.12 9:59am, edited 1 time in total.

Xan Kriegor

Omega Metroid

Postby Xan Kriegor » 09.24.12 7:15pm

Video removed for some reason. This seems.. interesting. I don't really like how the different characters are all combined (Samus looks awkward and cartoony, too smooth compared to the other guys) also it just looks, well, rough. Try making the enviroments more consistent and varied, and also pixels. Add more pixels, 3D things converted into sprites end up looking awful. Do that and it'll be great!
Image Thanks CC For The Sig!
"Statement: Oh, do shut up, you beeping little trash compactor." ―HK-47 to T3-M4

BulletBob

Hatchling

Postby BulletBob » 09.25.12 1:25am

I was asked to remove the video or change the soundtrack :-( About the sprites do you mean the classic Samus, Fusion Samus, or both. The Environments are more like stages than full blown levels & the game itself centers more around boss fights, big guns, and huge explosions, rather than exploration like traditional Metroid games. There are many levels and you get to fight a boss from the 2D series at the end each level. A demo will be out in a few more weeks, if you get a chance try to critique the overall game and give me a full list of stuff that needs to be changed.ImageImage

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 09.25.12 9:39am

I'm just curious if Green Mamba knows you took his Ridley art? Or the Mother Brain by BillySan? Or did you specifically ask his permission to use it or something?
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

BulletBob

Hatchling

Postby BulletBob » 09.27.12 8:38pm

I have posted requests for permission & have not gotten back a reply one way or the other. If I am asked to remove any of their character designs I will comply with the request. I prepared an alternate version of Ridley & Motherbrain just in case I am asked to remove them. I really hope they let me keep their designs in the game though, especially Ridley because it is has that dark gloomy look that I am going for in the game... In case anyone is interested I have several new screenshots on Deviant art at>>http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... d+warworld

BulletBob

Hatchling

Postby BulletBob » 09.29.12 5:43pm

I finally got another video posted, if anyone is interested.http://youtu.be/eqnJkiYBTXo

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 09.30.12 7:58pm

I personally don't think it matters, so long as you've got the artists in the credits. Internet art is about appropriation and distribution. We don't care where the lolcats photograph came from, so long as it's funny. This mentality assumes a CC (creative commons) on everything rather than a big C (corporate copyright). Big C only makes sense if you're making lots of money on it, and 99% of artists make jack squat.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

BulletBob

Hatchling

Postby BulletBob » 09.30.12 11:07pm

My mod is filled with my favorite concept art from my favorite games. My tallent is taking art and animating it with Photoshop. I have been doing this a long time and have gotten very good at it. Green Mamba's Ridley for instance I used his body design, but I drew the wings myself & animated it. This game was created to pay tribute to all the great game & concept artists out there, but if people give me a hard time about it then I will pull it from the web & enjoy it by myself. I think that I have created something new and different for Metroid fans & I hope that I get the chance to share it. I don't want any credit for this project, I just want to contribute my vision of Metroid just like everyone else. You have to play the game to truly appreciate it, it is loaded with a rich amount of history from many games, the original theme is Metroid. All of the main bosses from the original 2D games are present & I hope people enjoy it .

BulletBob

Hatchling

Postby BulletBob » 02.13.13 12:42pm

I got a lot done on the mod during my 3 week vacation, I am at about 95% complete right now. I am currently working on a Super Metroid platform engine that will be open source, and easy to use. I am also working on all new tile sets in the SM style, but with 256 bit color graphics, which will look much better than the old school tiles. I have completed all of the boss sprites: Ridley, Crocomire, Phantoon, Draygon, Mother Brain, & 5 all new bosses. I will post some screen shots asap

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 02.13.13 2:11pm

It's a neat idea. Like the concept but one thing bothers me. Samus needs more frames to ger animation. She looks to stiff.

Vgm out. ..
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

BulletBob

Hatchling

Postby BulletBob » 02.13.13 3:15pm

I have completely redone the Samus sprites and now she looks tons better. I have also added some more armor suits, & a new suit called the Chaos Armor, which you will get if you finish the game. I need to delete the old video of Samus and make a new revised version for YouTube.

BulletBob

Hatchling

Postby BulletBob » 02.21.13 10:26am

My mod is mostly based on the 2D Metroid games, but I have added elements from Prime to the mod. I have finished the sprites on five Samus suits so far: Classic, Fusion, Dark, Light, & Chaos. My inspiration was SM, so there will a lot of elements from that game implemented into the mod, however I love all of the different suits Samus has used so they will be there as well.

BulletBob

Hatchling

Mochtroidprime

Hatchling

Postby Mochtroidprime » 03.04.13 4:14pm

I agree with that other post. There are a bunch of different styles clashing.
You have pictures of models from SSBB with outlines drawn around them to make them smooth, combined with pictures of fan art (one of the metroids), and then I assume that this thing http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20 ... f1d29.png/ is of your own creation?
Things
Image Image Image

Return to “%s” Fan Creations