Metroid statues

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
TheScarecrow

Metroid

Metroid statues

Postby TheScarecrow » 10.16.13 8:31am

I've been looking around a bit and I see forums for people who do traditional or digital artwork but nothing for sculpting! so i made this for me an other sculptors to share their metroid love.

Well I have the two metroid gunships from first 4 figures and there constant lack of love for metroid has made me well... :ridley:

so instead of wishing and hoping I said screw it and decided to start sculpting my own statues. I actually started sculpting last month so I am extremely under-skilled and need much more experience. After this, this will only be my second statue, the other being a creature from a short story I wrote. but back on track, I love mother brain and her whole look. I just started working on my Mother Brain statue based of the screen shot from metroid: zero mission.
I originally was going to wait till it was complete to show anyone but I have been itching to share my work so far!
and this is what I have so far after a couple weeks
the piping is not final. they are only there to show what the finished sculpt MIGHT look like. I plan on sculpting the brain folds last and making the base the same as in the screen shot.

VGMStudios

Ridley

Re: Metroid statues

Postby VGMStudios » 10.16.13 9:04am

Looks great so far.
If u want I suggest adding an led for the eye. That would be awesome.

Vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 10.16.13 2:46pm

See, I've thought about doing that but I have no idea how to o_O I may know how things work but when it comes to putting it together, im not so great lol.

and well actually I have some good news, after I posted this, I sent first 4 figures a message about their lack of love for metroid and they said "we don't have much Metroid line but now we are working on new items so you will be seeing it soon." kinda makes me wonder what they save in store for us?

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 10.16.13 6:40pm

yup Ive messaged them before and I got a similar response...I posted that here on the board... it is good news! :)

As for the led, you will need to drill a hole for wires and solder the LED it a resistor then to a battery...Its pretty simple. I can help you more if youd like since I work with leds and such (Im adding leds to a Gundam as I type this)
Also you can use LED piping from the eye to the led to give it a better effect.

oh and maybe add actual metal spikes in the brain instead of painting them metal like.
Just ideas.

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 10.19.13 1:43pm

It's really is great to hear that they are in the works of something new :D it makes me wonder what statue they will be making next? maybe a continuation of the suits with a light and dark suit or maybe dark samus or something. What statue are you really hoping for?

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 10.19.13 8:49pm

That looks pretty nice so far. I can't wait to see the finished work.

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 10.31.13 10:28am

It still needs a lot more work but its almost near completion. the brain and the piping on mother brain and the base need to be finished and I plan to attempt to paint her lol :awesome: wish me luck

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.01.13 2:27pm

oh and by the way, I am already thinking about what metroid statue I should do next after I finish this one and I would like some opinions. I was thinking of doing:
ghor
warrior ing
phantoon
crocomire

the only one out of these that would be an extreme challenge is ghor, due to his multipule mechanical parts and extremly smooth edges. But like every artist, you have to venture out and experiment with new styles :cool:

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 11.01.13 4:49pm

That's freaking awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product.

As for what you should make next... Warrior Ing would be my vote.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.04.13 9:43am

That's freaking awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product.

As for what you should make next... Warrior Ing would be my vote.
yea the ing was the first to pop up into my head and I even began drawing a sketch for it. It involved two warrior ing, one in the midst of forming out of their "puddle" form and into solid and another a warrior out fully out of their puddle form. i was also thinking of adding a few bladepods.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 11.04.13 2:05pm

That sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Miketroid

Gamma Metroid

Postby Miketroid » 11.04.13 3:24pm

On the topic of the Ing Horde, I think a Hunter Ing would be pretty cool. Although I'd imagine it would quite difficult due to it's design.
"Happiness is the only good. The time to happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so." - Robert Green Ingersoll

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.04.13 7:34pm

On the topic of the Ing Horde, I think a Hunter Ing would be pretty cool. Although I'd imagine it would quite difficult due to it's design.
i dont know. Since hunter ing only float, I would have to sculpt it like the concept art
Image and make the bottom portion much thicker in order to support the much heavier upper portion but it can be done :cool:

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.05.13 7:24pm

Actually, I was listening to the Bryyo cliff music on my MP3 player and i alway loved those massive bryyonian golems. Image what about doing a golem? I could do a complete one or one like in the picture shown.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 11.06.13 4:56am

A Golem could work. I would vote for a complete one.

Return to “%s” Fan Creations