Metroid statues

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
TheScarecrow

Metroid

Re: Metroid statues

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.25.14 6:29pm

Would you consider doing the gold statue from SM?
Sorry if this was asked before.
hmmm. i never really thought about it but i guess i could. the scale would have to be reduced to the size of how tall ridley is in order to keep the weight down and not use up so much clay.

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.12.15 1:32pm

It's been quite some time since I've posted anything new but long ago I said I would sculpt statues of the beam animals. well, :charge: :spazer: :ice: :wave: :plasma: are in the beginning stages. Will be testing various methods to achieve optimum outcome. will be posting pics of tests as they finish. :cool:

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.14.15 10:24am

So money is tight, like always (sigh) but I managed to get enough money scrounged up to start resin testing, the part that needs the most testing. Originally, I was going to do the letter to each sphere in resin in that color but slightly darker but due to the curing time for those small letters (around 70hrs) I decided to ditch the idea and go to a new idea of getting small black letter decals and insert them into the spheres and let them harden. While I am too eager to wait around to go to the store, I decided to test out the coloring ratio to the resign in a sphere test. This test is with just 2 drops of resin dye and next test with the letter, may drop it down to 1 to see if it's more clear. After a 24hr curing time, I popped it open and saw what i was expecting. Lots of small bubbles. After dry and wet sanding, I managed to get it just polished enough to see into the sphere. Wont be super clear till i get some polisher and a dremel. Will be getting letter decals in a few hours and then off to do another test. :cool: Image

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.18.15 3:16pm

so after 5 test I've had 2 fails. one never hardened and was a goupy mess, the other i heated up to accelerate the curing process and that was an absolute mess to say the least which ruined the resin and almost my mold :geemer: but I redid the :spazer: ball and it came out beautifully with just a few bubbles that can easily be hidden with the sculpting coming up. anyways, this is what the :ice: ball looks like but it needs to be redone. im going to make it as translucent as the new yellow one so that light shines through but not too much. the bottom of these spheres are design to hold LEDs so if I can find a way to design these little statues to hold an LED, I will totally implement them.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 11.20.15 6:14pm

Looking forward to the power-ups. :thumbsup:
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

AaronAGN

Egg

Postby AaronAGN » 02.26.17 4:27pm

So, I'm curious about commissioning a retro/'86 style statue based on the old marketing/strategy guide artwork.
Anyone have any suggestions on how I contact someone, get the ball rolling, pricing, etc?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Retro JSG 7.jpg
Retro JSG 6.jpg
Retro JSG 5.jpg
Retro Edit 1.jpg

Return to “%s” Fan Creations