Fan ANimation Test

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
ginjirou17

Hatchling

Re: Fan ANimation Test

Postby ginjirou17 » 09.14.16 4:28am

Hey Guys an update.

I have kinda left you guys i apoligize for that. There are a few reasons for that. Firstly the animation is DONE. I have passed it on to a collegue who will put in some lighting in there and a different collegue who did the destruction on the wall. BUT since they are busy it is taking long for them to find some spare time to work on it. That is the reason this animation is taking so long.

In the meantime I made a small animation of Samus doing a takedown on a Space Pirate. I was going for an animation you could see when you do a takedown on an enemy when you sneak/attack from behind them.

Tell me what you think: https://vimeo.com/182671758

Once I have updates regarding the Samus VS Ridley one I will let you guys know asap.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 09.14.16 11:44pm

Looking forward to the Samus vs Ridley

And Space Pirate getting wrecked is also good.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

LordDirk

Gamma Metroid

Postby LordDirk » 09.17.16 3:25pm

Firstly I love the fact that she hops in-front of the space pirate just enough for him to register, before taking him out.

The motion is overall very snappy and enjoyable to watch. You can feel the power in her boost and the contortion of the space pirate. If I had any critique I'd say that you could punch up a couple of the spins. When she first spins the space pirate around there isn't much going on in terms of secondary motion, and they pivot as one almost to the point of twining. Her second spin is the jump after she's blasted the pirate in the head. I might reference some gymnastics videos and add in a bit of kicking with her legs to help sell the viewer on her momentum leaping off of the space pirate.

Just some thoughts. Really strong work!

ginjirou17

Hatchling

Postby ginjirou17 » 09.19.16 2:44am

These are some pretty good notes and most of them I had already seen but not fixed.

At first I wanted samus to slide and grab his hand and swing up using momentum. During animating i changed this into the jet booster. Thats why she spins on his back without the spacepirat spiraling because of the force. I tried doing this but was to lazy to erase the animation and re do it since animating 1 character with 1 character sprialing ontop of it is pretty ANNOYING XD Secondly the jumping up is something I added last minute:P At first the idea was to have Samus spiral ontop of the Pirate and the Pirate fall over on the ground because of the weight on his neck, and then have samus land with 1 foot on the neck of the Pirate and shoot him on landing. But this was visualy not that appealing and took more time than you want to spend on a "ingame takedown" animation. So I changed it into what you see last minute. Your notes are on point XD but I was to lazy to fix them hahaha

LordDirk

Gamma Metroid

Postby LordDirk » 09.19.16 1:50pm

Your notes are on point XD but I was to lazy to fix them hahaha
Haha no worries man I understand how it can be. I'm really happy to see fan animations done of Metroid as I think it's a property with lots of potential for cool action and suspense animations. Where were you able to acquire these rigs if I may ask?

ginjirou17

Hatchling

Postby ginjirou17 » 09.20.16 2:14am

The models I found on the internet, someone ripped the super smash wii u and other M models, and i rigged them

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 09.20.16 6:16pm

Yeah Other M and Smash 4 stuff has been ripped for a while.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Return to “%s” Fan Creations