Some Metroid collages I made several years ago

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
Patrick

Egg

Some Metroid collages I made several years ago

Postby Patrick » 08.14.15 12:30pm

I haven't really made anything fancy related to Metroid, but I figured I might as well post these collages I made a long time ago, mostly using posters and images from Nintendo Power.

I usually made these when I was bored and my mom had taken my video games away for whatever reason, haha. Back then if I couldn't play the games then I would start making art about them instead.

The first one I made was for Echoes:
Echoes.jpg
Then Hunters:
Hunters.jpg
And then finally one that covered the entire Metroid series up to that point, incorporating at least one image from each of the games, Corruption being the newest installment in the franchies at the time.
metroid.jpg
I apologize for the poor picture quality--I was busy packing up to move to my new apartment, and decided to go ahead and snap these really quick with my phone while I still had the chance. Hopefully you can still see some detail.

Hope you enjoy!

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Re: Some Metroid collages I made several years ago

Postby Xandalf » 08.23.15 9:51pm

Although they're difficult to see clearly (Mostly the last one), these look very nice! :thumbsup: Especially considering they were made so many years ago.

I can tell what most of it is though. ;)

Patrick

Egg

Postby Patrick » 08.24.15 12:19am

Thanks man, glad you like it! If I remember right there's only one picture from Metroid II in the third one, and it's difficult to spot even with the poster right in front of you, just because there are so many different images in there. It's probably nearly impossible to find it in these pictures, haha.

Another sort of cool thing I can point out about the third one is that you'll see a lot of it covered with different rooms from Zero Mission, which I believe I cut out from one of NP's strategy articles from back when I first subscribed. I tried my best to arrange each of those rooms together to form some sort of cohesive world where all the rooms flow together, like in an actual Metroid game. Didn't get it perfectly of course, given what I was working with, but I remember that being one of the fun challenges I set for myself when I was putting that big collage together.

skimaskkass

Mochtroid

Postby skimaskkass » 12.31.15 1:06pm

These are great, if you can please get a scan or better photo of these!

Patrick

Egg

Postby Patrick » 12.31.15 3:37pm

I'm back home now so sure, I could see about getting some higher quality pics or scans of them, assuming I'm not too busy.

(btw, thanks for the likes and follow on Soundcloud, lol)

skimaskkass

Mochtroid

Postby skimaskkass » 12.31.15 4:07pm

Hey Patrick, I said some stuff about you in my introduction thread. Your welcome btw, check em' tho bro.

Return to “%s” Fan Creations