Metroid Cubed 3 - A Metroid mod for Minecraft

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
FirEmerald

Mochtroid

Metroid Cubed 3 - A Metroid mod for Minecraft

Postby FirEmerald » 01.16.16 7:15pm

I was surprised the other day when I went to search up 'Metroid Cubed' on this forum (looking at least for the mod's predecessors, Metroid Cubed and Metroid Cubed 2), to find there was only two entries - neither of them had anything to do with the mod at all.
So, as the creator of the Metroid Cubed 3 mod, I am now making this thread to let all the hard-core Metroid fans (like me) on this site about the mod's existence HERE

Also, I need help creating/animating models for items, blocks, and creatures. If you are interested, you can comment below what you would like to help do.

Snowy Silva

Alpha Metroid

Re: Metroid Cubed 3 - A Metroid mod for Minecraft

Postby Snowy Silva » 01.27.16 2:10am

Yu know, I would never have found this mod if it weren't for this thread. In fact, I just checked YouTube and no one has done a video on Metroid Cubed 3. It's a good thing I found it though. I thought I would have to deal with losing my missiles the instant I got them for forever.

I don't know if it will be of any help, but I'll do a mod review and send you a link to my video if you like.
My fan game (Metroid: The Chaos Within) can be found here
I did have a thread here about it, buuuuut that was before I lost all my work

FirEmerald

Mochtroid

Postby FirEmerald » 01.29.16 9:37pm

Yu know, I would never have found this mod if it weren't for this thread. In fact, I just checked YouTube and no one has done a video on Metroid Cubed 3. It's a good thing I found it though. I thought I would have to deal with losing my missiles the instant I got them for forever.

I don't know if it will be of any help, but I'll do a mod review and send you a link to my video if you like.
I would appreciate that - I've recorded a 30-minute showcase with friends (that's the edited version - there's that much in the mod, and Tallon IV has yet to be added!).

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 02.11.16 4:50pm

This looks awesome! <3 :geemer: Very well done! I can't seem to find any power-ups from Metroid you didn't include. I'll have to try this mod out sometime. :D

Hmm, minor gripe but I feel some of the icons look quite plain. Especially compared to Minecraft's item graphics, where there is usually an outline and shading. Items such as the missile look a-okay, I say you keep the rest in a similar style. But yes, overall it looks great.

Snowy Silva

Alpha Metroid

Postby Snowy Silva » 02.11.16 6:08pm

Sorry about my lameness with my mod review, it's just kind of hard with no formal instructions page for a rookie reviewer to make a good video. I know you said to pay attention to the tool tips, but because those are usually pointless to read, I ignored them entirely. Oh well. I learned my lessons, hopefully, and my next mod review should be much better because of it.

Oh, and btw Xandalf. Try speed boosting.

FirEmerald

Mochtroid

Postby FirEmerald » 02.27.16 2:15am

Sorry about how long I took to make this reply - I actually completely forgot I made this post. Xandalf, upgrades like the Speed Boster, Grapple beam, Powerbomb, Seeker missiles, Springball, and High Jump Boots are not currently in the mod. Some of these are planned features, meaning they will DEFINITELY be in the mod at some point.

in other news, custom armor models are being added to the mod!

FirEmerald

Mochtroid

Postby FirEmerald » 04.18.16 11:42pm

It's been a long time since any activity on this thread, but I thought it might be worth posting that there is an official server for this mod. Just download the mod, and click the button above 'singleplayer'!

Snowy Silva

Alpha Metroid

Postby Snowy Silva » 09.21.16 4:53pm

Here's an update from my side of things.
I have downloaded the updated version of the mod (as of three days before this post) and plan on doing an updated review on it; however, this time I'm a little more prepared for the world of reviewing.

I'll post a link here once I have the video done and up.

Return to “%s” Fan Creations