PathShagged

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
Antidote

Mochtroid

PathShagged

Postby Antidote » 02.24.16 10:52pm

PathShagged

PathShagged is an attempt to retread the steps of Retro Studios' talented software engineers and completely reimplement the engine from the ground up. The ultimate goal is to faithfully recreate the engine using modern programming techniques and language extensions.

PathShagged is rewritten from scratch using C++ from pure PPC assembly, methods include static and dynamic analysis in IDA and Dolphin's debugger.

Currently there are only two active programmers scouring the the game to achieve this, jackoalan, and myself, but anyone who wishes is more than welcome to join in and help out in anyway you can.

Antidote

Mochtroid

Re: PathShagged

Postby Antidote » 02.28.16 6:01pm

We've recently been working on the particle system and have gotten most of the core features working, in the video we have the rain effect working properly complete with refraction!

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 03.03.16 10:18am

Wow, this is some extremely impressive work. Quite a big project you have on your hands. I'm not sure this is the best place to try and recruit people that would be capable of helping you, but I appreciate you coming in here and telling us about it, regardless.
So, what's the end result trying to be here? Are you going for a port of Prime 1 on Windows?
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

LordDirk

Gamma Metroid

Postby LordDirk » 03.03.16 1:47pm

I was a particular fan of the RetroView ActorRotate WIP video. Very interested to see where this goes!

Antidote

Mochtroid

Postby Antidote » 03.04.16 8:20pm

Wow, this is some extremely impressive work. Quite a big project you have on your hands. I'm not sure this is the best place to try and recruit people that would be capable of helping you, but I appreciate you coming in here and telling us about it, regardless.
So, what's the end result trying to be here? Are you going for a port of Prime 1 on Windows?
Yeah, it's a pretty big project, and our target is to port all of the Primes to PC, regardless of OS, we already support Linux/OS X/Windows with FreeBSD in the works.
We have support for the Wii U gamecube adapter and that will definitely be a remaining control setup.

Return to “%s” Fan Creations