Gamemaker Scripts and General Support for Newbies

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
Snowy Silva

Alpha Metroid

Gamemaker Scripts and General Support for Newbies

Postby Snowy Silva » 11.15.16 5:09pm

Programming has a sharp learning curve that makes it hard for newbies to understand, at first anyway. I'm sure all you newbies have ever heard is just how easy it is, and I will tell you no different, but I will also say that it just doesn't click for beginners. So I have decided to give you newbies a little support by coding some of the harder things for you in the form of scripts for Gamemaker Studio. I will also accept requests for scripts depending on how much code it actually takes to do what you ask, however, if it's actually really easy to do, I will just help you out here on this thread.

Please note that if you use my scripts, all I ask is that you give me credit in your game as Programming Support (my most common username is "Zackonark").

[COMPLETED SCRIPTS]Download is the name
~Equations
includes the distance formula, direction in degrees, step function, polar equations, and dot products
Code: Select all
VARIABLE = script_execute(scr_equations,equation id, x1, y1, x2, y2, radius1, radius2, angle); /* EQUATIONS */ // 0 = Distance formula (requires: x,y,x2,y2) // 1 = x polar equation (requires: x,radius,angle) {for circular mobility} // 2 = y polar equation (requires: y,radius,angle) // 3 = step function (requires: x) {returns values left of the decimal point} // 4 = dot product (requires: x,y,x2,y2) {quadradic method (2 dimensional)} // 5 = dot product (requires: radius,radius2,angle) {polar method (2 dimensional)} // 6 = angle between points (requires: x,y,x2,y2) //just enter 0 for arguments that aren't required for the formula you want to use
[REQUESTED SCRIPTS]
DONE
HALF WAY THERE
STARTED
NOPE
///////////////
~none at this time~
[HOW TO INSTALL SCRIPTS]
Steps:
1) right click on the "Scripts" folder in your project's file tree in Gamemaker Studio (left-most part of the screen)
2) click "add existing script"
3) select the script you downloaded
Happy Coding!
My fan game (Metroid: The Chaos Within) can be found here
I did have a thread here about it, buuuuut that was before I lost all my work

Return to “%s” Fan Creations