Post-Fusion thoughts

Got Metroid fanart, fanfiction, music, or any other creative endeavor you want to share? This is the place!
Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Post-Fusion thoughts

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 03.10.17 10:55am

Since Samus destroyed government property, she's seeing prison time. Perhaps this will be mitigated by the fact that Adam ordered Samus to do so and ignored the orders of the Federation. Perhaps she won't be in prison for long, but I can see her armor being confiscated somehow. Maybe this will reduce her to probation instead. Whatever the case, the release of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild shows that Nintendo is capable of making an open-world. I know fans wouldn't want to wait for a new Metroid game.

I can't see much space left to fill in the series except between Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Prime. This game would require no space pirates or Metroids. They've been in hiding according to the pirate data. Well, suppose we got a post-Fusion open world. Samus would start off with her zero suit. (No high heels. I promise.) Samus could then build upon this before finding another legendary power suit. Why assume only one exists? After this, Samus could acquire new armor, beams, visors, and miscellaneous. Whatever we are to expect from Metroid 5, one thing is certain: Samus must attend a tribunal.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: Post-Fusion thoughts

Postby Zynux » 03.11.17 4:17pm

Since Samus destroyed government property, she's seeing prison time. Perhaps this will be mitigated by the fact that Adam ordered Samus to do so and ignored the orders of the Federation. Perhaps she won't be in prison for long, but I can see her armor being confiscated somehow. Maybe this will reduce her to probation instead.
This assumes she turns herself in. I'm sure many here have proposed the idea that she just becomes an outlaw.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Mea quidem sententia

Alpha Metroid

Re: Post-Fusion thoughts

Postby Mea quidem sententia » 03.12.17 9:26pm

Since Samus destroyed government property, she's seeing prison time. Perhaps this will be mitigated by the fact that Adam ordered Samus to do so and ignored the orders of the Federation. Perhaps she won't be in prison for long, but I can see her armor being confiscated somehow. Maybe this will reduce her to probation instead.
This assumes she turns herself in. I'm sure many here have proposed the idea that she just becomes an outlaw.
I have the impression she would. She talks about tribunals and investigations being held and that someone must understand. One of them must. She doesn't come off as one who wpuld be a fugitive. Even so, evading punishment would only make matters worse for her. My idea is she has her armor confiscated, which allows the Federation to complete their progress of understanding Chozo technology. Samus would start new with her zero suit, then acquire a better zero suit as she goes along her mission.

The plasma whip could finally be canonized. It could be modular, allowing upgrades, such as being able to snatch items from a distance or pull debris or energy shields away. Samus could use it to scale high areas that could not be accessed by wall jumping. The paralyzer could have two additional upgrades, the first extending the duration of stun (called immobilizer), while the second would grant more stun duration and be capable of killing larger organisms or powering electric conduits. Perhaps it'd be called incapacitator.

Samus could also obtain palm and boot jets, granting limited flight. This wouldn't necessarily make wall jumping useless, though some areas may be accessable without having to wall jump, due to their lower position. During flight, Samus can attack with the paralyzer, but not if it's switched to the plasma whip to attack. Samus must maintain stability.

Throughout the game, Samus will encounter living Chozo, though they won't be common. They'll assist Samus by working on a powered armorsuit. She'll need to collect parts, and she can busy doing other things while the Chozo work on the suit. Eventually, Samus will acquire the power suit and have her paralyzer modulars, as well as her palm and boot jets added to her armor to grant the grapple beam and double jump.

Another feature is that unlike BotW, Samus will be able to travel on the overworld and even the underground caverns. The latter will become accessable once Samus acquires the power suit. Samus will continue to have her armor modified by the Chozo as she gathers more parts. She will continue to power up with features, such as the chrono feature, mirror feature, and strix feature. The temporal beam will allow Samus to switch between past and future.

The temporal beam can affect machines, organisms, and objects. For example, if switched to the past, organisms will cease to exist, machines will break down to components they're made of, and rusted objects will no longer be rusted, &c. On the other hand, the future will cause organisms to become nothing but skeletal remains or husks, machines will become malfunctioned and rusted, and metal or alloy objects will rust, &c.

There is also a time bomb expansion allowing anything caught in this temporal field to freeze in time. Enemies won't be able to move, and anything outside coming in like enemies or projectiles will be frozen as well. These are just a few ideas.

Return to “%s” Fan Creations