Stuff that needs fixin' around the MDb [ WEBSITE ]

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Stuff that needs fixin' around the MDb [ WEBSITE ]

Postby Infinity's End » 07.16.15 10:57am

Guess these people never read the manga... *sigh*.
Fuck 'em.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 07.16.15 2:30pm

Back on this thread's topic, Irving Mah in the engineers section of http://www.metroid-database.com/mp/credits.php is mispelled "Ivring".

RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 12.02.15 10:25pm

The link to the Nintendo Power guide PDF in the Super Metroid Library now links to a 404, but the guide is still available on the general Maps and Guides feature.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 12.06.15 8:15pm

From viewtopic.php?f=2&p=206544#p206544

I looked there myself and yeah the downloads seem to be kill.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 01.10.16 7:43pm

So yeah, all the music zip downloads are working again. If you find one that's broken, please LMK.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Will Keaton

Omega Metroid

Postby Will Keaton » 02.05.16 3:04pm

So I don't know if this is something that needs fixing, but I would kind of like some clarification. On our Translated Gallery for Other M, specifically on page 5, we have a scan that is labeled as "Battle Rifle" and a scan labeled ass "Assault rifle.'' Except they're both images of the same gun, one just has a grenade launcher attached. Were the titles for the scans thought up by the people who translated the scans? Because I don't think the scans are actually labeled in the game itself and while the assault rifle is referred to as an assault rifle in the text the battle rifle is not named in the accompanying text. It might be a good idea to label what is now the Battle Rifle as "Adam's assault rifle," or "Assault rifle with grenade attachment." And while on the topic, the names for images in the Japanese Gallery don't always match up with the English gallery. For example, what in English is labeled the Battle Rifle is called a Sniper Rifle in the Japanese Gallery, and that's just not right. I don't know if someone wants to take a look at this or not but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting Justice - Boba Fett

RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 11.19.16 8:39pm

I reiterate that the Super Metroid library link for the Nintendo Power guide is broken (but still works in Maps & Guides). Also, Metroid Map Station is no longer online, so you may want to remove the link from the Affiliates section.

RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 01.17.17 10:01pm

The news update about you having the Federation Force and AM2R soundtracks, the links to the AM2R music in FLAC and MP3 are for downloading MPFF's. I'm happy to know it's possible to switch out the music in the game with the updated soundtrack (although I think implementing part 2 of the Queen's theme is more difficult).

Mxyl V

Egg

Postby Mxyl V » 02.27.17 7:05pm

On the main page's "Affiliates" panel, I noticed that Metroid Map Station and Metroid HQ are both down; should those two links be taken down?

Return to “%s” MDb News