Official "Wave Beam PodCast" Thread

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Official "Wave Beam PodCast" Thread

Postby sharonlover » 09.01.09 8:41am

I guess I'll be the first to make a post about the Podcast.

The first podcast was awesome and the interview was great with Stemage from Metroid Metal. It gives an awesome insight as to how he thinks and his different views on the music and the way he makes his music.

Let's keep on topic, maybe discuss some things we would like to hear on the podcast, suggestions, and comments on existing podcasts.

Great job guys, can't wait to see where this goes :)
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Outlaw

Anonymous

Re: Official "Wave Beam PodCast" Thread

Postby Outlaw » 09.01.09 5:11pm

I like the PodCast so far, I love the opening. Start out old school then go in with the Metal. Very Nice. But with the metal music in the background (even though turned down) seem to cover up a little. But the NES Brinstar theme was very nice at a low level. So far so good, keep up the Podcasts!

EDIT: I shouldn't post until I finish the 1 hour podcast. -.-

Anyways. "It isn't Halo" God you don't know how much that struck me. Now if they try to do the online stuff, you will have people saying even more that, "It is a Halo copy".

GOSH, I CAN'T wait for Varia Suite. That Phendrana Drifts section of the podcast game me freakin chills man. So great I am definantly going to get it!

Silver Skree

Anonymous

Postby Silver Skree » 09.01.09 9:09pm

Listening now.

---------------
HAHAHA. 10:15, Stemage recognizes the Ghor/Inefficiency injoke. :awesome:
---
HOLY. Wow. I got goosebumps and shuttered a little when I heard the space pirate song starting at 36:55. It was SUCH an epic way to start a song.
---
I'm at 43 minutes and Stemage's disassembly talk of Metroid music in general is getting me really pumped to just listen to the Prime OST and lots of Metroid Metal for the next few days. Mmnh! Yum.
---
At 45:35, the acoustic Kraid cover was beautiful. Mmm. I'm LOVING this podcast so far.
---
48:37 Whoo, Reserve Tank VARIAtions! Kindred is awesome. And yeah, it was by Pixietricks and Zircon.
---
The talk of the live preformance was very interesting, and I'm sorry I can't think of more to say about that section. I enjoyed listening to it. Like I said, very interesting.
---
59:22 Phendrana Drifts made me cry. Absolutely beautiful. I'm hands-down convinced that I HAVE to get the Varia Suite album.
---
Hahaha. I liked the admins singing at the end.
------------------

All in all, this podcast was AWESOME. I absolutely cannot wait for the next ones. Excellent job, guys.

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.01.09 9:32pm

I agree, I can't wait for the next podcast. Are you guys doing this thing every time big news comes out or something? Or is this like every 2 months or something?

Jesse D

Former Staff - Lead Engineer

Postby Jesse D » 09.01.09 9:36pm

Thanks for the positive input guys, glad y'all like it! We're really proud of it.

We definitely have some other plans but I don't think it'll be an every-two-months sort of deal. Just when the opportunity presents itself. We've got a range of ideas though.

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.01.09 9:38pm

Yea, I didn't expect it to be a monthly thing. But can't wait for the next, definantly something new at the MDB.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.01.09 11:00pm

I'll get around to watching this when I have oodles of free time, ie Thursday when I have no classes all morning.

But I always love podcasts, my website where I admin used to do a few, and it was always interesting. Glad to see you got in touch with Stemage and co.

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 09.02.09 7:49am

great podcast.. keep it up!

VGM out...

Lazarius

Super Metroid

Postby Lazarius » 09.02.09 7:53am

I'll download this at the end of my internet month, gotta be careful with my download limit right now.

Reconite

Metroid Queen

Postby Reconite » 09.02.09 9:48am

I gotta see what all the fuss is about.
I'll put it on my iPod to listen to later.
I'm kinda busy atm. :P

EDIT: I loved it, good job guys! :D I can't wait for the next one.
The funniest was the bit at the end. xD

And stop trying to convince me to buy a 360 i can't afford (and shadow complex). A_A

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.02.09 5:09pm

If yall decide to do this you can submit them for Itunes Podcasts. ZU did that for theirs. I don't know if it is still on the Itunes anymore but it used to be.

Triforce of the Gods

Zeta Metroid

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 09.02.09 5:41pm

Outlaw wrote:If yall decide to do this you can submit them for Itunes Podcasts. ZU did that for theirs. I don't know if it is still on the Itunes anymore but it used to be.

Yeah, it's still a subscription through iTunes, I should know, I'm a member of ZU.

That is a good idea in case there are people who only browse the forums and not the main site like a lot of ZU members do.

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.02.09 6:54pm

Triforce of the Gods wrote:I'm a member of ZU.

So am I, the names Outlaw. I was one if not the first to do the feedback thing for the Podcast. Good ol' Asci and Lunk.

Triforce of the Gods

Zeta Metroid

Postby Triforce of the Gods » 09.02.09 7:01pm

Outlaw wrote:
Triforce of the Gods wrote:I'm a member of ZU.

So am I, the names Outlaw. I was one if not the first to do the feedback thing for the Podcast. Good ol' Asci and Lunk.

Sorry, the only podcast I listened to was the one I did a segment in and I don't recall seeing you on the forums.

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 09.02.09 7:11pm

Yea, I don't care much about ZU anymore. I like Zelda but not enough to keep my interest in the forum much. So I am inactive.

---

sharonlover wrote:Let's keep on topic

Forgive me SL, I got us off topic. Lets get on topic people.

---

I personally liked the ending, "See you next mission." Nice closing for the podcast. Are you guys doing this over Skype or what?

Return to “%s” MDb News