General Contest Thread

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: General Contest Thread

Postby Infinity's End » 10.22.16 11:06am

Question. Do we have to wait until the contest is over before displaying our illustrations on a personal online art gallery (deviantART, pixiv, tumblr, etc.)? Or can we do so at any time as long as we email our submission first?
I would say please email the submission to us first before posting it elsewhere, but we can't/won't stop people from doing so.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

DarkHunter1204

Mochtroid

Postby DarkHunter1204 » 10.27.16 10:33am

This is exciting! I now have a crapload of Metroid concept art on my computer to use as references lol.

The Illustrative Man

MDB Staff - Bestiary

Postby The Illustrative Man » 11.13.16 3:02pm

Any chance this contest can get a 1 week extension so that those of us with hectic school schedules can capitalize on Thanksgiving break? Of course an even longer extension would be fantastic, but I'm not trying to push my luck. :thumbsup:

Honestly didn't hear about the contest until today, but I wouldn't have had time to do anything anyways. I'm spending 16hrs a day in the studio, 7 days a week.

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 11.13.16 8:17pm

Well, my submission is in. It's a hell of a lot better than my previous submissions. I think it could be better, but I'm not quite that experienced with Photoshop, plus I'm lazy. I'm pretty proud of it, regardless.

Good luck to all the entrants! :thumbsup:
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 11.14.16 1:10pm

Any chance this contest can get a 1 week extension so that those of us with hectic school schedules can capitalize on Thanksgiving break? Of course an even longer extension would be fantastic, but I'm not trying to push my luck. :thumbsup:

Honestly didn't hear about the contest until today, but I wouldn't have had time to do anything anyways. I'm spending 16hrs a day in the studio, 7 days a week.
We might consider this due to the lack of people that have currently entered. When it's decided, we'll let you know. The issue I see is trying to get our judges together if everyone's spending time with family over the break.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

The Illustrative Man

MDB Staff - Bestiary

Postby The Illustrative Man » 11.15.16 12:08am

We might consider this due to the lack of people that have currently entered. When it's decided, we'll let you know. The issue I see is trying to get our judges together if everyone's spending time with family over the break.
I understand. I made time to brainstorm and sketch today during lunch, but I doubt a sketch would fair well in the competition. :X:

I assume writing blurbs detailing the encounter is encouraged?

MrBuncat

Mochtroid

Postby MrBuncat » 11.15.16 12:33am

Hiya! Im a new member to this site. I've been getting music from this site for awhile (Thank you to those who took the time to compile that archive) and when I saw the Boss Competition figured it was time to sign up. Anyways, its cool to be here!

The Illustrative Man

MDB Staff - Bestiary

Postby The Illustrative Man » 12.11.16 12:47am

Can't help but feel Thanksgiving/Finals/Christmas has come to hinder the number of entrants yet again. I know I was busy with final projects (~110 hours a week) right up until Thursday. Thankfully I'm used to pulling some insane hours, so I hammered things out anyways.

Regardless, I'm absolutely thrilled with how my submission turned out. How is everyone else feeling about theirs?

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 12.12.16 11:11pm

Wow. Just wow. Those winners are amazing. Congratulations to everyone who entered. Looks like a decent amount of entries this year. A lot of great ideas. :thumbsup: :awesome:

On a personal note, while I'm happy with my entry, I feel like I'm way out of my league. I'm going to have to gain some more experience and try harder next year. :adam:

Also, I don't know when all the entries were submitted, but it seems like the deadline gets extended every year, just about. Maybe the deadline needs to be later, or the contest start later. Fall tends to be a busy time for a lot of folks.
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

The Illustrative Man

MDB Staff - Bestiary

Postby The Illustrative Man » 12.14.16 2:13am

Must say I was hoping for a 3rd time 3rd place in a row, but I don't really disagree with any of the choices. A lot of stellar work, and an impressive turnout all around. :thumbsup:

Return to “%s” MDb News