Missing cameos

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Missing cameos

Postby RoyboyX » 01.23.10 3:57pm

I just noticed that the Cameos section is missing some things. I know a few other references to Metroid in games that you (probably) don't know about.
Famicom Wars - The Red Star commander on Donut Island is called Samasuun, and her face on the result screen is Samus's helmet.
Animal Crossing (GC) - There is an e-Reader card that gives the player Power Suit clothes. Also, the Metroid is available in that game as well.
Ocarina of Time Master Quest - Has a trailer for MP1
Geist - Samus’s helmet and red clothing are seen in a locker within the women’s locker room at Volks Corporation.
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Samus and Link were supposed to appear, but weren't included due to issues of copyright.
WarioWare D.I.Y. - There is a Metroid microgame that was distributed online.
Custom Robo (GC) - A girl, when guessing what Z in Z in Syndicate stands for, guess Zebes.
Just thought I'd point this out. ;)

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Missing cameos

Postby Infinity's End » 01.23.10 5:45pm

We are aware of most of those. -- the main problem why these aren't on the site is mainly due to us not having screenshots or image captures of these for proof on the page. Just having text is NOT good enough.
I tried playing Famicom Wars to get a screenshot, but could not play it long enough (or well enough) to get a screencap of the Samus general. I even have an English fan-patched version of the game, but it was too frustrating for me to bother with it. (the rest of the staff haven't tried, either) If you can get one and submit it, we will add it.
If you scroll down, you will see where we mention Animal Crossing. There is no Metroid in the GC version. I am basing this on the item list on GameFAQs, so you are mistaken. There is not an e-Reader card with Samus's clothes (custom hats and masks weren't introduced until Wild World, so it doesn't quite make sense) since it is not mentioned here. I am unable to believe you until you show me proof of it.
As for the WarioWare DIY, we are trying to track down an image of one. We cannot post about it until we have a screenshot or proof of its existence. Not saying I don't believe it exists, we just need to have a screencap to compliment the text. Since WarioWare DIY hasn't been released outside of Japan (looks like it's due out 3/28/10), this one is going to be mighty difficult to track down.
I need to find a screenshot of the Geist cameo -- I used to own the game, and saw it myself. I'll try to track down an image.
A vid of the Samus in Marvel Ultimate Alliance is on our Youtube channel. but could possibly be added to the page.
I did not know about Custom Robo -- good find, we'll try to add it.

I would not count a trailer on another game disc to be a "cameo."
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

milescart

Hatchling

Postby milescart » 01.24.10 6:09pm

there was a samus suit for the first animal crossing, but it only came on a e-reader card.

Image feed crocomire

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 01.24.10 6:25pm

you can thank me later:

Samus in Geist

Famicom Wars

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 01.24.10 10:32pm

Hey VGM, those are great, BUT, would it be at all possible to get any large, higher-quality versions of those images? Or did you just find them online? I'd prefer a pixel-perfect shot from Famicom Wars, if you know what I mean. That one is scaled rather small. z-_-'

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 01.25.10 12:10am

ya I found them online. I thought you could just use those as placer images till you get better ones. You know, just so you have proof that they exist then later get better shots. I know you are all about HQ images! :)

If I can I'll scout some more.

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 01.26.10 10:51am

7B? That means you have to play through the entire game for this? I thought she was on level 2 or something.

That animal crossing card will work if you scan it. The e-reader is pretty simple and can read photocopied images. I don't think anyone has an e-reader (except for me, surprisingly), but if anyone has a copy of the card, it could be scanned at high res too and other people could get the unlock (or we could just find the PAR code for it).
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

milescart

Hatchling

Postby milescart » 01.26.10 7:05pm

as far as i can tell thats the only scan of that card on the internet.
Image feed crocomire

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 02.15.10 2:49pm

Hey guys, I updated the cameos page again today and made some tweaks to its format including adding the years the games were released in North America (when available).

I am calling out another request:
If anyone wants to play Super Mario RPG (preferably on an emulator), and get to the part where you see Samus sleeping in her bed with the "Resting up for Mother Brain" dialogue box showing, and take a screencap of it for us, that would be MUCH appreciated. And we'll credit you on the MDb for all eternity of course! :awesome:

A nicer, clean version of the toybox cameo would be really great, too.

If anyone out there has played Wario Ware Snapped as well, could you verify whether there is a Metroid cameo in it? Considering there has been on in every WW game, it would be very disappointing if there wasn't one...

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 02.15.10 3:04pm

Ill do it right now IE, I would be glad to. When does Samus appear? After the 3rd star or something?

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 02.15.10 3:10pm

Outlaw wrote:Ill do it right now IE, I would be glad to. When does Samus appear? After the 3rd star or something?

"To find Samus in Super Mario RPG: After getting six (6) Star pieces, go to the Mushroom Castle, and enter the Guest Room."

I have no idea how long that will take, but best of luck, and thanks!

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 02.15.10 3:13pm

Give me a couple of hours. Ill have fun with this. 6 stars.... damn..

Edit - Luckily I have an old save state so I think I am already at star 3 or 4.
----

OK! Now, lets go down the list of what I just went through.

1. Going through the game would take too long.
2. The rom is full of freezes.
3. After you beat Johnny for the 5th star, the game freezes.
4. I downloaded other peoples save states to get past the freeze.
5. turns out Samus doesn't appear when you get 6 stars.
6. I am downloading another save state so I appear at Johnny again, I downloaded ZSNES 1.42 which fixed the freezes.
7. Samus supposedly appears after you be Yardridovich, and BEFORE you get to lands end.

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 02.15.10 6:05pm

Here you go IE. Know this! I nearly rage quit for the misinformation! See previous post with a list of problems. I was getting pretty steamed over all the emulation shit. >_<

Well here you go. If you need it in a bigger size ill make the emulator bigger.

Here is the real way to find Samus in Super Mario RPG.

"After you beat Johnny and Yaridovich, head straight to the Mushroom Kingdom and to the guest room. There will be Samus. Do not proceed to Land's End.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 02.15.10 6:26pm

wow dude... really sorry about that.
All I did was copy and paste what was on the MDb... looks like TJ dun' fucked up! -_-;

But thank you SO much! That screenshot is PERFECT! Any chance you could get that toybox shot for us? Pweettttyy pleeeaassseeeee??? :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 02.15.10 6:29pm

That one will be easy. I can do that, because the toybox stays there no matter what.
---

EDIT:

Ok here we go. Samus in Booster's Toybox at the top of Booster's Tower!

Zoomed Out!

Zoomed In! The quality will look like this no matter what. Its what a 16... 32-Bit game? So close ups will always like this. Samus is in the toybox in the middle but the left side.

Return to “%s” MDb News