Ranks explained

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Re: Ranks explained

Postby Xandalf » 06.25.15 9:47pm

That's neat. I bet you anything the last rank is actually Armstrong Houtson. :AH: ...now I really want that last rank.
I'm excited to hear who gets the next badge and what it is, I'm guessing HYRUL3 or Naner. If Naner had an average of 3 posts per day (Which is the highest I've seen) then he'll get to the next rank in about 15 or 16 months, which is still a long time. When I first saw the unknown dead trooper I thought a number of inactive people just had it for their avatar. I figured out that it meant they were banned yesterday actually. Well I guess it's cool that banned people have their own ranks too.

Sorry for posting here on this thread so much. I'm currently lingering around a few forums at the moment and I think that the ranks are this one's spotlight in my opinion. After a month here I love it a lot. You can expect me to be an active member of this forum overall. ;)

EDIT: Just curious, who made the icons/sprites? I'm pretty sure this Alpha Metroid sprite wasn't made by Nintendo, unless it was from Metroid Fusion. I can't tell.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 06.25.15 10:08pm

EDIT: Just curious, who made the icons/sprites? I'm pretty sure this Alpha Metroid sprite wasn't made by Nintendo, unless it was from Metroid Fusion. I can't tell.
I do 99% of all the graphic design work for the MDb. That includes all the smilies on the right side, but of course some of those are rips from the games. Glad you like the ranks. Enjoy your stay.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 03.28.16 1:02am

Just made some slight alterations to the Ranking system. After someone makes 8000 posts, you will need to make 2000 more each time to increase your rank. There will be no more ranks after you reach 20,000 posts. I will be incredibly surprised and impressed if someone ever makes it that far, but stranger things have happened. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 03.28.16 7:49pm

Just made some slight alterations to the Ranking system. After someone makes 8000 posts, you will need to make 2000 more each time to increase your rank. There will be no more ranks after you reach 20,000 posts. I will be incredibly surprised and impressed if someone ever makes it that far, but stranger things have happened. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Challenge accepted. I have no plans to disappear forever any time soon.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 04.02.16 1:18pm

Alrighty, I very likely won't be the one to reach this godly rank, but I'm eager to see who does!

Armstrong Houston Rank, here we come! :AH:

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 06.18.16 12:54pm

Ok guys, this was going to be a huuuuuge secret, but since I have extreme doubts that anyone will ever make it to this (yep it's a challenge if you want to look at it that way) I'm going to reveal to you guys the very last rank on this forum.
You must make 1,000,000 posts to get this rank. Enjoy.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 06.18.16 3:20pm

That's insane... You'd have to make ~300 posts a day since the forum launched to reach such a ludicrous number...

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 06.19.16 1:57am

The legendary rank... nobody knows if it's even reachable.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 06.19.16 11:36pm

My god it is beautiful...

This rank is what all true forumers strive for. :AH: A rank so sexy would be more bragging rights than beating the Boost Guardian in the Varia suit with one energy tank.

I bet you anything the last rank is actually Armstrong Houtson. :AH:

TOTALLY CALLED IT!!!

Return to “%s” MDb News