Metroid 64

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
Daneasaur

Hatchling

Metroid 64

Postby Daneasaur » 04.02.11 3:53am

I hope I'm placing this in the right section...

*ahem* anyway, I want to say that the April 1st gag of making the MDB totally retro.

I nastalgaed REALLY hard about that.

Also, the reveal is quite interesting to find out.

Also... I laughed at the one last gag that was slipped here XD
All things happen sooner or later, but one must remember, later always becomes sooner. - Me

Daya

Gamma Metroid

Re: Metroid 64

Postby Daya » 04.02.11 5:54am

If it really was Metroid 64, the graphics would be a bit better than that, let's say Half-Life-like, because every metroid games push the system it was in to its limit. Besides, this is the Super Smash Bros model.

I personally laughed at all those fake screenshots, including the first one. MS Paint Zoomer ftw!

Varia

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia » 04.02.11 1:57pm

It seems plausible that this is a real thing. I mean... the article is still up and it's AFTER April 1st.

If you read the article closely you would have noticed that they said they got the screenshot and other information from Nintendo Dream a Japaneses magazine (Official website here http://www.nindori.com/). The more I look at this and more I think this wasn't a prank.

Plus I don't think Metroid64 would look remarkable graphic-wise because it was for the N64-- there is only so much you can do.
Who's to say if they reused Samus' Metroid64 model and applied it to Smash Brothers? 8)

I hope I'm right on this or I'll look like a fool... :umad:
ImageImageImageImage

Daya

Gamma Metroid

Postby Daya » 04.02.11 3:56pm

I just went to Texture Ressources looking for Samus' textures:

As we can see, there is the same textures as we can see in the very first screenshot of the article:

But the second screenshot however shows the basic PowerSuit, whose texture is not present in super smash bros

But it reminds me of something: how can you have that much power up (6 energy tanks) and still having no varia suit?

Ah, screw it. I'm digging too deep into this.

Now that makes me want to see what if Other M was released on the N64 instead of the Wii. Or is Metroid 64= M:OM? Naaaah.

EDIT: I just saw the title of the article. *facepalm*

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 04.02.11 6:44pm

LOL! No, that picture was totally faked! 8B

Nameless did the Samus helmet image.

I believe SimBen made the Metroid 64 screenshot. This was like 10 years ago.

That's not to say we DON'T have an interview from Nintendo Dream...but if we did, I don't think it would be about Metroid 64 XD
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 04.10.11 11:27am

That was too cruel you guys! Omg! It looked so real! I knew it wasn't real but I so wish it was! It was a lot less obvious than last year.

I'mma do something nice for you and include a Metroid 64 bonus in the game I will in the future pitch to Retro.

Jesse D

Former Staff - Lead Engineer

Postby Jesse D » 10.26.11 3:23pm

8B lol!!!!!!!!!
Welcome,
Please take some time to review the forum rules. We encourage you to only write posts that contribute to the discussion, and to avoid empty exclamations such as these... Especially if you are going to resurrect an old thread. Thanks.
-Jesse DImage

TheScarecrow

Metroid

Postby TheScarecrow » 11.14.13 8:22am

Actually if I remember correctly, they didnt even bother making a Metroid for the N64 because it was so close to the end of the consoles life and figured their resources would be better spent on a game for their next console, the Gamecube. and thus, Metroid Prime was born :awesome: the best series in history!

Return to “%s” MDb News