Why do you come to the MDb boards?

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.

Why do you come to the MDb boards?

Awesome people, smaller crowd, great conversation.
28%
To bitch about Other M.
No votes
Just because Metroid is my favorite game series EVER!
52%
For help with the games.
No votes
I just came to trade MP3/MPT friend credits.
3%
Just to post in the "How is your day today?" thread.
No votes
MDb regular since '96, yo! MDB4LIFE
7%
All of those great emoticons!
3%
None of these! (specify below)
7%

Total votes : 29

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Why do you come to the MDb boards?

Postby Infinity's End » 02.22.12 2:13pm

:s-logo: Polls are now FIXED! In celebration, it's POLL TIME!: Why do you continually visit our message board? Check your favorite answer! :s-logo:
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.22.12 2:29pm

MDb regular since '07, yo! MDB4LIFE

I'd vote for a few of those of those if I could: "Awesome people, smaller crowd, great conversation," "Just because Metroid is my favorite game series EVER!" and "All of those great emoticons!"

But the mostly rational crowd is what always brings me back.
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Tianna

Omega Metroid

Postby Tianna » 02.23.12 1:02am

Been a fan of this site since like.. god, back in 1998, when I first found it and thought it was the best Metroid site in existence. And since now I'm into forums, it's pretty chill here. Cool people, smaller crowd, interesting conversation.

So joining the forums was kind of a natural progression. Now I can "contribute" without the embarrassment of a fanfic I wrote when I was fifteen and stupid. :awesome:

Tim

MDB Staff - Engineer

Postby Tim » 02.23.12 2:37am

Although I don't use the emoticons at all it's nice to know that, at any moment, if I want to express my emotions with small, simple images I have a plethora of options. Other forums just don't compare. It's laughable really. Sometimes I join other forums to just laugh at them and their pathetic selection of emoticons.

MDb: accept no substitutes.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.23.12 4:40am

Although I don't use the emoticons at all it's nice to know that, at any moment, if I want to express my emotions with small, simple images I have a plethora of options. Other forums just don't compare. It's laughable really. Sometimes I join other forums to just laugh at them and their pathetic selection of emoticons.
It's true. If there's ever a "Message Board with the best emoticons on the web" competition, MDb will surely be in the top 5. It's amazing how there are few forums that use emoticons inspired by the site's focus. Where else can I :geemer: ?
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Tianna

Omega Metroid

Postby Tianna » 02.23.12 3:45pm

It's true. If there's ever a "Message Board with the best emoticons on the web" competition, MDb will surely be in the top 5. It's amazing how there are few forums that use emoticons inspired by the site's focus. Where else can I :geemer: ?
That is, by far, my favorite emoticon. Ever.

Dragonheart91

Zeta Metroid

Postby Dragonheart91 » 02.23.12 11:39pm

I came for info about the SR388 fan-project. I stayed to bitch about Other M.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 02.24.12 4:05am

I used to be a MDb'er like you, but then I took a :geemer: to the knee.

Balkoth

Omega Metroid

Postby Balkoth » 02.24.12 4:17am

I come here because of the mutually inclusive poll answers.
Actually, I like Metroid a lot. Community is cool too.
When somebody tells me he doesn't believe in violence, I punch him in the face to inform him of its existence.

DrevanZero

Gamma Metroid

Postby DrevanZero » 02.24.12 8:19am

I used to be a MDb'er like you, but then I took a :geemer: to the knee.
You win 10 internets. And I come here because its a calm community where I can relax.
Forget queen metroid, I'M THE KING!
Shut up or I will pour a pot of steaming-hot emo on you!!!
Check out my fangame site at: http://metroidrevival.freeforums.org/index.php

johnnypalooza

Egg

Postby johnnypalooza » 02.26.12 3:17pm

I came to trade MP3 vouchers, stayed for the emoticons. <3

Demontongue

Mochtroid

Postby Demontongue » 02.28.12 10:32pm

Originally I came to discuss the gameplay refinement within certain games in the series and discuss completion times but to my shock and horror all those things (Plus much more than I had hoped) have all been discussed THOROUGHLY (except in the titular case of Other M) so now I just lurk

Dragonheart91

Zeta Metroid

Postby Dragonheart91 » 02.28.12 11:07pm

On the upside, you can spend hundreds of hours reading through the backlog here and find some very interesting discussions.

samusfan

Alpha Metroid

Postby samusfan » 02.29.12 1:22am

Awesome people,smaller crowd ,great conversation! But i am a big metroid and Samus fan
If i was in Metroid universe, i would marry Samus,and if i could choose an ability,Speed Booster would be mine.Finally i got all ending pictures,Metroid Fusion JP Version Completed

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 03.01.12 10:19am

Metroid is my favorite series. Voted.
Then I saw "Awesome people, smaller crowd, great conversation."
Crud. How did I overlook that option when I was deciding? >_<X

Hm, I used to go to m2k2 forums as a teen but for some reason I decided to make an account here instead of just getting back to my old one there. Well, since m2k2 was my very first forums and was more socially backwards, naturally I made an ass of myself on different occasions.

Since I've been working harder with school, I haven't been able to really keep up with what's been going on here lately. In the times I visited and posted a lot, I really enjoyed being part of discussions, just one of them being about the exploration of ideas and concepts related to the series. That's the part I can remember the most clearly.

Return to “%s” MDb News