Our New Look!

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
Jesse D

Former Staff - Lead Engineer

Our New Look!

Postby Jesse D » 09.08.12 11:42pm

Long time no see, everybody!

We've been quietly working behind the scenes to give the board a refreshed look and the latest and greatest version of phpBB software. Extra thanks to Inf for the updated graphics, they look great! Hope you like it!

Undoubtedly there may be little visual glitches and if that ends up being the case, please send us a report over in the designated thread.
-Jesse DImage

Zeroº

Ridley

Re: Our New Look!

Postby Zeroº » 09.08.12 11:58pm

Sees the forum down for maintenance, comes back in half an hour, wonders if on drug trip.
:thumbsup:
Looks nice so far. Might even have to change my my voice's color...
Default font also got reeeeaaaaal tiny.
And no cancel button on the post creation page, but that's not really a necessary thing in my book.
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

Jesse D

Postby Jesse D » 09.09.12 12:02am

There's a 'Change font size' button for just such an issue. You'll see it toward the upper-right corner of the page, just below the news feed. Use that to cycle between three different font sizes.
-Jesse DImage

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 09.09.12 12:04am

Gah! Everything's different now! I don't like change, dagnabbit! It FRIGHTENS and ANGERS me! You kids today and your fancy "php's" and "bbs's" and "hipity-hop" music!

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 09.09.12 12:07am

Thanks, sometimes I'm a bit blind.

One other thing I noticed: The "Moderator Control Panel" link currently doesn't show up on the forum index page. Or is it hiding somewhere else on the page and I'm just not seeing it? 'Cause it shows up on every sub-forum page.
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

Jesse D

Postby Jesse D » 09.09.12 12:18am

Nah, but I could probably add that back in.
-Jesse DImage

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 09.09.12 12:28am

Doesn't bother me too much, but its disappearance does mean more clickity-click to quickly check on reported posts and stuff. I can just as easily bookmark the MCP page now that I think about it... Problem solved personally, have a nice day.

And I'm really liking what I'm seeing. I like this update a lot so far. Nice job, guys.
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 09.09.12 12:37am

I like this new look. It might take some getting used to (smilies on the opposite side, buttons not exactly where they were before, etc), but it looks nice. Sleeker.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 09.09.12 2:46am

The change and new look, looks great! Congrats to those who put a lot of work into this change.
Seems to run smoother on my cell as well.
Keep up the good work.

Vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 09.09.12 9:35am

This place has been starting to itch for a new look and I'm liking the more refined appearance. The only inconvenience I ran into was looking for that "View New Posts" button after making one. I suppose I'm going to have to get used to going back to the board index just to locate that button.
Hmm, the smilies tab look a little more orderly than I remember. That's a plus.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 09.09.12 10:23am

Seems to run smoother on my cell as well.
I haven't tried using the site on my cell yet, but that's good to hear, since I'm mostly at work or on the go.
The only inconvenience I ran into was looking for that "View New Posts" button after making one. I suppose I'm going to have to get used to going back to the board index just to locate that button.
That's an issue I was noticed as well. I only ever use "View Your Posts" and "View New Posts".
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 09.09.12 10:57am

Glad you guys like the new format/layout! Nothing is set in stone yet, and we will be continuing to make changes and refinements over time. There are a bunch of PHPBB add-ons that I want to eventually have so look forward to those. I've just got done updating a few of the icons so be sure to refresh/cache refresh every now and then.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

mksbf

Gamma Metroid

Postby mksbf » 09.09.12 11:15am

Love this new look, this is awesome :awesome:

Just had some troubles finding some buttons, but now this is ok, I love it <3

GREAT WORK!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.09.12 11:49am

Looking good, Jesse et all?

The MDB now looks sleek n' smooth!
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Tianna

Omega Metroid

Postby Tianna » 09.09.12 3:50pm

Arbitrary complaint about change! Redundant demand for old format! :motherbrain:

I like the new look. It will take some getting used to, but I'm adaptable. The look is really great. :)

Return to “%s” MDb News