No SSB4?

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
systemsready

Egg

No SSB4?

Postby systemsready » 06.18.15 6:53pm

I get to these forums via the front page, so I see it every day, and I was wondering...why is there no tab for the latest Smash Bros games? You have them for 1, Melee, and Brawl...

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: No SSB4?

Postby Infinity's End » 06.18.15 8:17pm

1.) 5 people work for this site. Only 3 are mostly active.
2.) None of us make a single cent off of anything we do.
3.) There is an entire overhaul of the site planned at some point, but I cannot foresee or predict when that will happen.
4.) Passion only gets you so far...
5.) We have an SBHub page, but the SSB4 page is not finished.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 06.29.15 9:47am

I really like the existing flydown menu's for the various games, how about just combining the SSB series under a single flydown with flyouts for the different versions? It could save some banner space and allow some bigger banner art (I really miss the old banner ^_^) lol.
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 06.29.15 11:07am

I really like the existing flydown menu's for the various games, how about just combining the SSB series under a single flydown with flyouts for the different versions? It could save some banner space and allow some bigger banner art (I really miss the old banner ^_^) lol.
That was already what we were going to do but it hasn't been implemented yet. The graphics for that new tab are already made, too.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 06.29.15 11:11am

No mean to rush or anything, but when should we expect the Federation Force tab to come? Before or after the game's release?

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 01.11.16 6:10pm

There has been some discussion about site redesign. That's why the pages aren't up.

There is a Smash Bros. 4 page, incomplete, but it has some music in it: http://www.metroid-database.com/sb4/

Unfortunately, there are really only two original tracks in the whole album since they just recycled everything else. And the new tracks aren't much to write home about.

Also, the reception for Federation Force has not been particularly inspiring, even though we've covered everything on the news page. But, there is a skeleton page set up: http://www.metroid-database.com/federationforce/
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Return to “%s” MDb News