Please revert....

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
craigrobbo

Alpha Metroid

Please revert....

Postby craigrobbo » 10.17.17 11:50am

Hi guys.

Honestly, I really do appreciate the amount of time, work effort - blood sweat and tears that has gone into the new change, but its just terrible (a bit harsh maybe)

It doesn't seems to work correctly, highly lights in the wrong areas and even worse on the mobile device where things are just missing.

Not only that the new colour scheme makes things harder to read & find.

The site looks more dated now and doesn't work for the better.

Over all it just doesn't look as good as before - I'm sorry guys.

My final complaint has to be the "poll" which is a bit bias - No real options just love it love it or love it...

Is there any way to have an option so us who prefer the old way can view it like that please.
If you cant get past a boss, throw the pad at the screen as hard as you can. That will kill it!!

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Please revert....

Postby Infinity's End » 10.19.17 11:15am

This kind of feedback is not productive.

The site has bugs. Yes.
The site is incomplete. Yes.
The site is still being worked on. Yes.
The site is in no way finalized. Yes.

The site will remain with this new design. The poll isn't meant to be taken seriously and is temporary.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

craigrobbo

Alpha Metroid

Postby craigrobbo » 10.20.17 2:34am

I do not understand your reply of " Not productive"

I am a user of the page and entitled to my opinion, opinions = feedback which helps to build what your users want.

The poll maybe a "joke" but it still doesn't give people a real option nor is there any where else.

Over on another page I'm on there seems to be a lot of discussion of just how unlike the theme is, just appears I am the only one to speak up about it and right away rather than taking what I've said it would appear the defensive shield was put up (metaphorically)

If its going to stay thats fine, I probably will just find myself using it less/not at all. A bit of a shame since I've been using your site (not so much these forums) since 1996 when i got my internet.

Thanks
If you cant get past a boss, throw the pad at the screen as hard as you can. That will kill it!!

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 10.23.17 11:08pm

1. We do appreciate your feedback.
2. Asking us to revert back to the old site is quite selfish and downright disrespectful to all the hardwork that myself, Jarrod, and the rest of the staff put into it. Gonna have to throw in the "can't please everyone" out there because there's absolutely no way we'd do something as psychotic as revert back to the old site. Best I can say is have patience with us as we continue to improve and get better over time. We aren't about to say this site is "done" any time soon.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

craigrobbo

Alpha Metroid

Postby craigrobbo » 10.24.17 12:43am

I'm defiantly not selfish or disrespectful and that's why I said I appreciate the work that's gone into it originally.
The site as you say is incomplete can we not have the old site accessible at least while your finishing this one.
It doesn't make sense why you'd put up the new one and compleat ly remove the old one when the new one isn't finished.

That's like selling a car to a customer and saying we'll paint it later but you cant have your old car back.

Return to “%s” MDb News