Board updates and things that need fixin' [ BOARD ]

For discussing news, updates and other happenings featured on the Metroid Database.
Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Board updates and things that need fixin' [ BOARD ]

Postby Infinity's End » 10.24.17 12:00am

Hey y'all, as you can probably tell, stuff is kinda weird right now.
It's going to continue to be that way as we work on updating everything. Good news is the database and everything else on the backend that controls this forum is of the most latest, up-to-date version of PHPBB. Bad news is stuff got wonky in the meantime.

We're going to look for some new themes and perhaps ask what y'all think of them before we make a choice. In the end whatever we end up going with it will likely be similar to the way things are now, but probably a bit newer and fresher. And then all the other graphics/design work that goes with it. I'm leaning towards it resembling the design of the new site as well.

Look forward to it!
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 10.29.17 12:21pm

Forum registration has been re-opened for now but may close again when we do more work for updating themes and such.

Will Keaton

Omega Metroid

Postby Will Keaton » 10.29.17 2:20pm

Not sure if this is an issue because the site is under construction, but I thought it worth mentioning. On the board, the ability to select what page of a topic you want is gone. Clicking on a topic takes you to the first page of that topic, and clicking on the "view the latest post" tag will take you to the most recent page, but there is no way to select any other page. I checked this on both Safari and Firefox, and ran into the same problem on both. One other thing, all the embedded videos are gone and I can't embed new videos in a post.
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting Justice - Boba Fett

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 10.29.17 3:59pm

I concur. No page select buttons, nor even "next" or "previous".
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 10.30.17 11:22pm

Yeah we are definitely aware of the current forum's flaws, I"m sorry to tell you that it's going to remain that way for a bit until we integrate a new theme. This might not get fixed until sometime next month. Pagination is IMPORTANT, trust me I know!
You can't edit posts or do other mod things.... it's hopefully being taken care of sooner than later. Considering the amount of traffic this forum gets, I'm sure y'all can deal until then. Thanks for your patience!

Return to “%s” MDb News