What are you playing/what have you purchased?

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!

Moderator: Moderators

HYRUL3

SA-X

Re: What are you playing/what have you purchased?

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.17.12 2:47pm

The gameplay is solid, much more tense than 5. And yes, these idiots are more cringe inducing than Slippy Toad or Barry Burton's Jill Sandwich line, or even the Ridley scene from Other M.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Chris

Metroid Queen

Postby Chris » 02.17.12 2:52pm

Naner wrote:Yeah, HeartGold and SoulSilver are great to start. You'll be familiar with many of the creatures (even if you've never played before) and get to know the ever so famous Kanto region after you're done with the first part of the game. All while still playing a modern title.

Will check it out sometime then.

Naner wrote:It's great. Thanks to the great 3D and sound effects, the immersion is amazing. I believe it would benefit greatly from the Circle Pad Pro, though.

I gave it a quick go and really hate the controls and yeah the circle pad does seem the ideal solution to fix my major problem (using the darn buttons to aim!). I don't like how the camera goes from 1st person the third at random places when crawling and such either.

The 3D, graphics and sound are spot on though I must agree.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.17.12 3:59pm

You kinda get used to the controls if you play the demo two or three times, but using ABXY to aim is far from ideal. It also annoyed me how the crouch button is on the D-pad, meaning you can't press it while walking/running/crawling.

I guess I'm going to have to get a Circle Pad Pro when I decide to buy the game (which I'll only do after it gets a price drop; that $40 tag isn't going to last long)... Going to cost about $30 for me... :/
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Zynux

Metroid Queen

Postby Zynux » 02.17.12 5:05pm

Naner wrote:Yeah, HeartGold and SoulSilver are great to start. You'll be familiar with many of the creatures (even if you've never played before) and get to know the ever so famous Kanto region after you're done with the first part of the game. All while still playing a modern title.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out once I'm done with Diamond :)
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Tianna

Omega Metroid

Postby Tianna » 02.17.12 7:20pm

I'll throw in my vote for Heartgold/Soulsilver. It's definitely my favorite of the series. Black/White isn't half bad, either.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.18.12 6:49pm

I'm beginning to think that the writer's of Resident Evil Revelations didn't even do any research before working on the game. One of the journals lying around states "The virus dissolves in water, so anyone who drinks it will be infected." What? A virus is a microscopic killer, it doesn't need to dissolve in anything. Just infecting some water would result in human infection.

/basicunderstandingofvirology

Also some of these monsters would make more sense if they just used "deep sea underwater parasite resurrected" as the plot device instead of some crap "T-Abyssal Virus". It would at least explain infected people growing shells and crustacean claws.

Anyway, still playing Mass Effect 2 at home. Starting to do all the loyalty missions as they pop up.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 02.18.12 9:43pm

Hyrul3, you do know you're playing a Resident Evil game, right?

Ha ha, that's like asking why the G-Virus turns Birkin into that weird eyeball-shoulder monster thing when he's infected, but for some reason it creates a slug-lizard chest-burster that shoots horseshoe crabs when it infects Chief Irons!
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.18.12 11:01pm

I know. I definitely know what I should be expecting... but for fucks sakes its 2012, people who are paid to make a multi million dollar game should know a virus isn't a packet of kool aid.

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 02.23.12 8:57pm

Working my way through Bioshock. I have no idea what's going on, except that there was apparently some kind of power struggle. Not sure yet if that was before or after people started going insane.
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

DrevanZero

Gamma Metroid

Postby DrevanZero » 02.23.12 11:05pm

lesserchozo, enjoy it. That game is one of the best games i have EVER played, and it has great atmosphere.
Forget queen metroid, I'M THE KING!
Catherine wrote:Shut up or I will pour a pot of steaming-hot emo on you!!!

Check out my fangame site at: http://metroidrevival.freeforums.org/index.php

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.24.12 12:09pm

Bioshock is incredible. If I'm not mistaken Rapture went to hell AFTER Adam came into the picture, proof being the quote "Fontaine controls the Adam, and that makes him te guv'nah." Its been years since I finished it but I think it all was a result of Fontaine and Ryan's power struggle.

I could also be dead wrong and filling in details I've forgotten with a load of crap. Sorry if that's the case.

Tim

MDB Staff - Programmer

Postby Tim » 02.24.12 3:30pm

Rapture went to hell because it was an objectivists dystopia. With or without the Adam it was going to hell at some point. The whole idea is that Ryan's misguided free market beliefs combined with his inner dictator made Rapture a crappy place to live. He'd take political prisoners, deal with his enemies ruthlessly and was a really paranoid guy. The tipping point was, I think, an economic crash that sparked a civil war between Ryan supporters and Atlas supporters. This was after Adam was discovered by at least a decade. Adam was discovered some time before 1948 and the civil war started with the 1958 New Year's Eve Riots. Adam ensured that once things went to hell there was no fixing them. Adam was a story device to show that Ryan's free market ideology was flawed because he wouldn't regulate and control the use of Adam so people like Fontaine rose to power by profiting off it while everyone else went insane and thus Ryan created his own worst enemy and condemned his city.

SLtheFMA

Gamma Metroid

Postby SLtheFMA » 02.25.12 2:14pm

Today I finished Super Mario Galaxy 2 100%. Man, that last level was crazy!
ImageImage

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 02.26.12 8:52am

Just picked up Discworld and Discworld 2: Mortality Bites, for Playstation, through Amazon. I played the first one years ago and it was a lot of fun. I've never played the second. <3
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.26.12 12:15pm

Finished my "perfect" playthrough of Mass Effect 2, in preparation of Mass Effect 3.

GameFly is sending my the Prince of Persia HD Trilogy, but it hasn't arrived.

So, in the mean time, I must decide which of the following backlogged games to start/finish if I've already started:

Dead Island- Never started, haven't even opened.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution- Never started, haven't even opened.

Fallout New Vegas- Never started

Grand Theft Auto IV- Started, only played a couple missions

Super Mario Galaxy 2- Started, only played a few levels

Infamous- Started, only played a couple missions

I'll literally do any of them. Feedback?

PreviousNext

Return to General Videogame Discussion