Worst Moments of Game Rage

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!
Mason

Omega Metroid

Worst Moments of Game Rage

Postby Mason » 05.31.10 11:20pm

I just saw a topic on Shacknews about "What was the worst Game Rage you ever had and what did you do?" or something, so I figured I'd start up a similar topic here.

You know what I'm talking about. Where a game pisses you off that you yell and stamp your feet or whatever. What were some of your worst offenses? Game, situation, your reaction?

I'll start

Probably my most DESTRUCTIVE moment of Game Rage was a few years ago back when I played Vanguard. (Terrible MMO, hard as a brick). Anyway, I was riding through a particularly deadly area with my rogue trying to retrieve a corpse. Unbeknownst to me, there were a few enemies in the area that could see through my stealth. They attacked, I died. Then I used an item to get up when they were all gone, and as I was gathering said corpse, I got blindsided by a pack of them. Died again, leaving a second corpse right next to the first one.

I was really pissed, grabbed my mouse, and gave it a good hard tug. Ended up snapping the cord. :(.

Felt really stupid walking into Circuit City to buy a new one.
Humor: saying something that is funny
Humour: saying something in a british accent... which automatically makes it funny.
Wii U: OhThatMason

Dena

Metroid

Re: Worst Moments of Game Rage

Postby Dena » 05.31.10 11:34pm

Well, I never really raged at a game, but when I tried OoT Uber challenge, I wanted to throw my controller at the wall trying to pull off the gerudo gate skip of HELL!! I passed nearly 4h hours NONSTOP trying to do it (with a shitty N64 controler all loosened up, the only one that's still usable)
Regret is the only true sin. (Don't remember where I heard that =D)

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 05.31.10 11:41pm

Just now. In Super Mario Galaxy 2. I won't spoil it, but I can tell you that it's freaking hard. I yelled a lot of obscenities, and threw my remote/nunchuk on the ground a few times. And I still haven't gotten past it.

A few months ago, I don't remember what game I was playing, but I threw my remote so hard it messed up my rechargeable batteries so that they no longer hold a charge.
i like it when people sig me

-ChozoChild-

Ridley

Postby -ChozoChild- » 05.31.10 11:46pm

I've hurt my hand really badly while playing WiiSports but that wasn't out of rage. I was playing tennis and threw my arm out to one side and slammed it against the wall. I was really excited to hit that ball... xD

But I don't think I've ever done anything too out of control or had any huge game rage while playing. The worst I do is curse--But I don't even do that often either.
Last edited by -ChozoChild- on 05.31.10 11:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Image Bored...? Use TUMBLR-TROID!

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 05.31.10 11:48pm

I got so pissed once I took my knife and stabbed my bed. XD
That was looong ago.

-ChozoChild-

Ridley

Postby -ChozoChild- » 05.31.10 11:55pm

Yutrzenika wrote:I got so pissed once I took my knife and stabbed my bed. XD
That was looong ago.

O.o What game were you playing?
ImageImage
Image Bored...? Use TUMBLR-TROID!

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 06.01.10 12:01am

Oh man, it was ages ago, I can't even remember. It might have been a GBA game... I could be wrong.
The bed is all foam though, and it's really old, and had plenty of holes in it as it was.

ph00tbag

Omega Metroid

Postby ph00tbag » 06.01.10 12:09am

I once bit my controller when I lost a match of Smash Bros.

darkhamsterlord

Zeta Metroid

Postby darkhamsterlord » 06.01.10 12:29am

The most destructive thing I've ever done in a fit of rage over a video game was while doing the Phazon Mines on hard mode. I threw my Gamecube controller against the floor repeatedly, until none of the buttons on the right side worked. I think the only functioning bits after that were L, the control stick, and the dpad. (I died at the security robot, surely you understand!)

I think that's the only time I ever broke something because of a game. I did break the shift key off of my keyboard while trying to fight Ganondorf with three hearts and the Broken Giant's Knife, but it wasn't actually damaged and I was able to reattach it with minimal effort.
I heard Metroid is a girl! Is that true???

Sub-zero

Metroid Queen

Postby Sub-zero » 06.01.10 12:50am

I broke a side of my sofa after getting killed in the second stage of a RIDICULOUS game called Soldier.
I know how to spell GENIOUS nowbaremyarcticblast
Adam Malkovich authorises you to play your copy of Metroid Prime.

Recker

Alpha Metroid

Postby Recker » 06.01.10 1:01am

-ChozoChild- wrote:I've hurt my hand really badly while playing WiiSports but that wasn't out of rage. I was playing tennis and threw my arm out to one side and slammed it against the wall. I was really excited to hit that ball... xD

But I don't think I've ever done anything too out of control or had any huge game rage while playing. The worst I do is curse--But I don't even do that often either.

Lol, that reminds me of my dad and our housemate, they play tennis on the wii all the time and I often hear the support pole underneath my room being hit, they tend to move around alot when playing, once they even hit the tv, lucky it didn't damage it.

I remember the worst rage I had, was when I was playing Vietcong on PC quite a few years back, and I just couldn't pass this one level, and I kicked the footrest/rear brace on my computer table, but the second time I did it I missed and put a hole through the wall with my heel, I didn't play that game for a couple of months after that, I felt like such a dick.

Now I mostly just swear, or do the sensible thing and take a break.
What Samus SHOULD have looked like in the Other M trailers.
The Original and Best Top-Down Metroid Game...
Click Pic for Link

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 06.01.10 1:28am

A friend of mine has had major rages in matches of Halo 3 online. Like total "What the hell is wrong with this kid?" kind of rages. We we're playing rocket race, pretty much there's several teams, riding on ATVs, the VIP rides shotgun, and you drive him through checkpoints to score points, you are invincible, except to melee attacks from behind (The option to not have this isn't in the game, so you have to put up with it in game types where your invincible), and rockets are used to throw your opponents off course.
The enemy knocked us over, and they circle around us, melee attack us, killing us. I don't really care, it's only a game, and an online game at that, you'll find unsportsmanlike dicks in any online games, but my friend gets annoyed by it after awhile, so much so that he starts fucking screaming into the fucking mic (He takes advantage of using a loud voice when his parents aren't home), so I just... I can't remember if I kicked him from the party, or left, but I don't think I played with him for the rest of the night.
Thankfully he's bored of Halo 3 now, because every time we play it online he get's pissy at some bullshit, "That bullet went through the wall!", "That guy was invincible!", and other such stuff he'd say, and I keep on telling him "Your just mad because your losing and making up shit as an excuse, if it's bothering you so much, go into theater and watch the replay, that's one of the reasons it's there, to keep people from making idiotic claims that an opponent better than them is hacking.".
But I digress. XD

Satch

Kraid

Postby Satch » 06.01.10 1:31am

When I rage at games, I always always ALWAYS say:

"WHAT?! OH MY GOD! WHAT THE HECK?! THAT WAS BULL!"

And then I start scolding the character as if it wasn't completely my fault that Clark missed his carpool and had to drive himself to work because he needed to get his creativity skill up for a promotion.

... z>:(
Image Image
IF ADAM WANTS A GIRL TO ****ING DANCE, HE SHOULD JUST GO TO A STRIP CLUB. ~Doc Scratch

Balkoth

Omega Metroid

Postby Balkoth » 06.01.10 1:36am

I was playing an online FPS. I got pissed off for being fragged a lot. Upon seeing my body reduced to juicy gibs for the 500th time, my real life body got a nosebleed from the adrenaline rush. :awesome:

Talking about a game breaking the fourth wall.
That's the worst I've done, because I've made real sure to maintain my hardware; regardless of the immense level of restraint required.
When somebody tells me he doesn't believe in violence, I punch him in the face to inform him of its existence.

Lazarius

Super Metroid

Postby Lazarius » 06.01.10 3:15am

Years and years ago, when I played Runescape. I was in the wilderness and lost a whole lot of Dragon Armour... I was 12 I think, pretty sure I cried. -_-;

Return to “%s” General Videogame Discussion