Resident Evil Thread

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!
DJ Trancetronica

Gamma Metroid

Resident Evil Thread

Postby DJ Trancetronica » 04.08.11 6:11pm

Damn, it's been awhile since I post a new topic...

Well, anyway, I was looking at some of the threads here and there hasn't been one about the Resident Evil franchise.

So, this thread is all about posting stuff about the Resident Evil series.

BTW, did y'all know that it's the 15th anniversary of Resident Evil?? :O
It's been that long? WOW!

So, to celebrate, Capcom is releasing two new (plus two remakes) Resident Evil games:

- Resident Evil: The Mercanaries 3D (3DS)
- Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica X NEW HD EDITION
- Resident Evil 4 NEW HD EDITION

THIS VIDEO WILL SHOW THE 15th Anniversary trailer.
ImageI'll protect you by all means, even if it cost me another trip to Heaven...Image

Schrau

Gamma Metroid

Re: Resident Evil Thread

Postby Schrau » 04.09.11 5:27am

RE2 was the best of the classic REs. No HD remake ever announced makes me sad.

fox mulder

Ridley

Postby fox mulder » 04.09.11 2:42pm

I only have 4 and 5, but I plan on getting more of them, which should I start with? Any suggestions?
deviantART Profile
It's not much, but any comments and/or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

ChozoGal

Omega Metroid

Postby ChozoGal » 04.09.11 2:46pm

I'm not really an RE fan (not most of the time unless I'm over at my friends house getting our heads chainsawed off XD) but those would be good editions.
"Love what you have while you have it, because some day, it might not be here to love you back."~ ScarletDarkblood (Aka One of my best friends ever.)

Please go to my deviantart account http://chozogal.deviantart.com/

Will Keaton

Omega Metroid

Postby Will Keaton » 04.09.11 3:40pm

Played 4, can't say I've ever really been a fan of the series otherwise. Though if anyone wants to learn more about Resident Evil or just wants to laugh I HIGHLY recommend taking a look at The Dark Id's Let's Plays. He has covered every game in the series (excpet No. 5) incuding the abysimal Resident Evil: Dead Aim. Absolutly hilarious.
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting Justice - Boba Fett

Chris

Kraid

Postby Chris » 04.10.11 5:35am

Code Veronica was my first RE game back on the dreamcast, nice to see a remake. Dont get why RE4 needs yet another re-release though...

It's a shame 2 and 3 didn't receive same attention as the RE1 remake, hopefully one day...

I'm interested to see how Revelations turns out, don't care for mercenaries though.

SpareChange

Zeta Metroid

Postby SpareChange » 04.10.11 7:13am

I hate rumors so much.

I love Resident Evil. I have all the games except the FPS Survivor Outbreak series, RE 2 and 3 and RE 5 (because I only own a Wii, but I hear i am not missing much.).

Anyway, I was reading/heard about RE2 getting remade like RE4. Now it has been a couples years since RE4 has come out, and I think it would have been enough time for them to release this if they were going to do it.

RE 2 has been ported so many times, and each console it has gone too, has had a different version of it.

I really wish I would have seen RE2 done over the should like RE4.

It would have re-born RE2.
Last edited by SpareChange on 04.10.11 8:40am, edited 1 time in total.
Wii U S/N: SpareChnge

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 04.10.11 7:28am

Despite the fact that I never bought any RE games (blame my mom), I still really like RE. the only RE games I ever even tried were the demos of RE2 and RE3 on the PC. Kind weird that the zombies in that game are the only zombies in any game to scare me. Also, I have read a quite a bit about the story, and think it is awesome. Jill Valantine is also one of my favorite video game characters. And Nemesis......I haven't even fought this guy, and I am already afraid of him! So yeah, one of the best video game franchises I never played.
Bear in mind that most Metroid games (especially the Primes) are survival horror.

At least from the perspective of the Space Pirates.

stefano

Hatchling

Postby stefano » 06.06.11 5:39am

Revelations isn't coming out this year, it's 2012 for that one. It's also seen as the true sequel to RE5 according to an interview with Kawata-san in Nintendo Power.

RE2 is the worst one in the series IMO. It's very short, and in order to make up for that they make you play through the (almost) same game four times (LeonA, ClaireB etc.). That sucks big balls.

For me REmake and RE4 are the best ones. The atmosphere in REmake is unparallelled and the pace in RE4 unbeatable. Not just by RE games, but by any game.

I'm very much looking forward to Mercenaries 3D. I just LOVE Rebecca's new loli nurse outfit:

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 06.06.11 6:00am

F*ck cute nurse outfits! I want more of this! :awesome: :

Bear in mind that most Metroid games (especially the Primes) are survival horror.

stefano

Hatchling

Postby stefano » 06.06.11 7:08am

F*ck cute nurse outfits! I want more of this! :awesome: :

And Barry keep playing his role as the laughing stock of the series.

Seriously, that was probably the reason he got in and not Leon.

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 06.06.11 7:17am

It isn't probably. It IS. And knowing Capcom, Leon will be a DLC character before you know it.

stefano

Hatchling

Postby stefano » 06.06.11 7:20am

It isn't probably. It IS. And knowing Capcom, Leon will be a DLC character before you know it.
I think they confirmed there won't be any DLC for this game.

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 06.06.11 7:23am

They did, however, they mentioned another "If enough fans....", and judging by the fact that fact fact that Tatsunoko vs Capcom is currently in my Wii after Capcom said it won't be coming to the US, I think they will go against their words.....again.

stefano

Hatchling

Postby stefano » 06.06.11 7:28am

They did, however, they mentioned another "If enough fans....", and judging by the fact that fact fact that Tatsunoko vs Capcom is currently in my Wii after Capcom said it won't be coming to the US, I think they will go against their words.....again.
I see... if enough people buy it, there will be DLC! LOL.

Can't wait to try out loli nurse Rebecca! <3

Return to “%s” General Videogame Discussion