Resident Evil Thread

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!
Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Re: Resident Evil Thread

Postby Luminoth Prime » 02.10.15 4:33pm

You're right. They probably wouldn't screw up a RE2 HD remake. I still wouldn't trust them to improve upon RE6 and also wouldn't put it past them to screw fans over with a poor online game. Capcom is infamous for crapping over most of their franchises. Cynicism is the norm when regarding this company.
True, but some franchises it handles well, Street Fighter being the biggest one. Resident Evil also has a lot of hold here in the West, and they're pretty good with their output most of the time.

Given the success and acclaim of Revelations and the new REmake, following Resident Evil 6's failure to meet Capcom's sales expectations, I'm pretty certain that they're going to have a return to survival horror. Revelations 2 shows that they do intend on going that direction, albeit Rev. 2 is taking some license and trying out some new models, it being episodic and having some microtransactions.
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 02.11.15 3:03am

I just can't trust Capcom anymore, but that's primarily because of my own bias. My only investment in the company was Mega Man, and now that the franchise is functionally dead I simply don't care anymore. I'm not in the most informed position to critique them as I don't follow their other franchises, but I've seen them at the center of much controversy and many screw ups over the years which makes it easy to lose faith in the company. I don't want them to fail, same as I don't want any publisher/developer to fail, I just want them to not suck. Another decent Mega Man game would be nice, too, for as hard as Inafune and Comcept may try, Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty No.9 will never be able to adequately replace the Blue Bomber.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 02.13.15 11:36am

I wonder how this will shape and influence the future of Resident Evil.
In the short term: RE0 HD, RE:CVX HD, maybe Outbreak?
In other words, other easy port jobs. I think at the very least RE0 HD is confirmed.

Despite reservations I am still looking forward to playing REV2. I need to get me a 360 controller to enjoy it though. Though to ever truly enjoy a RE game, you need a nice big TV. That didn't stop me from picking up REV1 on a steam sale (again, no controller). I hope to rectify that soon.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 03.25.16 5:22pm

http://www.marza.com/en/news/article/40

Resident Evil CGI film starring Leon?

I hope this does well, so it starts a trend where game movies break away from Live action and go other routes.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 03.25.16 7:50pm

Truly. Forcing game adaptations into live action because of some silly need for legitimacy is ridiculously limiting. The Japanese had this down pat years ago: CGI and and animation are the best ways to handle most adaptations.

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 03.27.16 3:57am

http://www.marza.com/en/news/article/40

Resident Evil CGI film starring Leon?

I hope this does well, so it starts a trend where game movies break away from Live action and go other routes.
Have you not seen the other CGI Resident Evil movies...?

Check out Damnation and Degeneration.

Return to “%s” General Videogame Discussion