General Video Game Figure Thread- Smash Bros in Plastic

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!
HYRUL3

Dark Samus

General Video Game Figure Thread- Smash Bros in Plastic

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.28.12 2:49pm

EDIT: This topic is now the General Video Game Figure Thread, mostly with emphasis on Smash Bros. characters, but feel free to post news/pics about other game figures.

Here's what we have so far, and I'll update as official pics come along (Blastoise, Venusaur, Marth, etc)

Samus Aran

Link

Pit and Dark Pit

Mewtwo

Charizard

Big Boss/Naked Snake
Last edited by HYRUL3 on 02.24.13 5:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

VGMStudios

Ridley

Re: Other Nintendo Figmas?

Postby VGMStudios » 07.28.12 8:42pm

You mean like this?

You're welcome.

Hopefully they will do all the smash bros characters.

Pit looks good.

Vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.28.12 8:47pm

OH MY FREAKIN' GOD!

When did this get announced?!

This is awesome. Can't wait to see final product.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 07.29.12 5:44am

It was announced just a few hours ago. You lucky bastard, you.

And I'd love to see more Nintendo characters in figma form. Many of them, like Mario, Kirby and the Pokémon, probably wouldn't fit too well, but I'd love to see Fire Emblem characters and Captain Falcon (probably not happening). DK is doable, too.
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.29.12 9:51am

Why wouldn't Mario work? He's humanoid, his figure would just be smaller. Maybe they could make a two pack of Mario and Luigi and sell it for the same price as regular figures.

Maybe for all smaller characters they could do two packs? Pokemon Trainer with Pikachu or any of the three starters?

I'd love to see some Star Fox love, too.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 07.29.12 10:38am

I dunno... I don't remember figmas with such cartoonish shapes. But yeah, Red would make a great figma. So would Fox, Falco and co. And since those series are already in, how about some Zelda, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Palutena, Anthony Higgs, Adam Malkovich, Armstrong Houston...?

I'd also like to see some non-Nintendo like Solid Snake.
Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 07.29.12 1:31pm

Fantastic. I preordered my Link last week. Maybe they'll have Zelda or Ganondorf ones in the future? I'd also love to see them make a Ridley.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.29.12 2:54pm

I dunno... I don't remember figmas with such cartoonish shapes. But yeah, Red would make a great figma. So would Fox, Falco and co. And since those series are already in, how about some Zelda, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Palutena, Anthony Higgs, Adam Malkovich, Armstrong Houston...?

I'd also like to see some non-Nintendo like Solid Snake.
Just because they haven't done it before doesn't mean they'll avoid it :P

Snake would be awesome, but unlikely unless Kojima signs with them.

A Ridley figure would be AMAZING.

It would be incredible if some company, somewhere made a figma scale gunship.

James Pierce

MDB Staff - Editor

Postby James Pierce » 07.30.12 12:09am

I don't think Mario and Luigi would be problematic. They would be on a different scale from Samus, but they still have workable limbs to make a decent figure. Now, Wario and Kirby on the other hand would be difficult because they lack limbs for poses and customization.

For what I personally would like to see. Well, I am a big Fire Emblem fan, so any character from that series would work for me, though I would love to have Hardin above all else. A Captain Falcon figure would also be great, but most of its customization would be from Smash Bros, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it makes it a little less special. Finally, a really obscure character, I think Zoda from StarTropics would make an awesome figma. It'll never happen, but it would be very cool.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.30.12 5:34am

Out of the ones you mentioned, Captain Falcon has my vote.

I'd kinda like to see Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles. Armor choice would be hard though.

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 07.30.12 3:28pm

There's only one option for armor for anybody from Xenoblade Chronicles: Swimsuit!

I swear, my team even explored the frozen mountains in their swimsuits...
"Oh, final boss? No worries, I've got my lucky trunks on."
And death scenes become slightly comical with the inclusion of swim trunks and bikinis...

The chap and chapettes from Pandora's Tower would be a neat addition, too
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.30.12 11:12pm

Hahaha. I never used the swimsuit options. I still haven't even beaten the game. From what I remember (I took a break to play a few faster paced games after grinding for 50 or so hours),
I was in the capitol of the High Entia (I think that's what they were called?) and trying to save the princess before a giant Mechon and the traitor Queen had her executed in the ritual chamber.

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 07.30.12 11:28pm

Funny story: Very beginning of the game. I see the bikini in the armour shop for a steep sum (that early in the game, anyway), so I go out and grind to raise the funds for it. I'm sure you can remember what happens during the Mechon attack of the village...
Trying to acquire that bikini is what I believe made my crew overpowered for the rest of the game. Also all the sidequests.

When I first stepped into High Entia, I immediately thought, "This place is about to get Zealed."
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.31.12 5:33am

Haha. I had no idea they were that good.

Also, some 3rd Party Figmas would be awesome. Since NECA never did it, Wesker from Resident Evil would be cool.

James Pierce

MDB Staff - Editor

Postby James Pierce » 07.31.12 1:00pm

Well Sakurai said they're making two Kid Icarus figmas. One is going to be Pit, and there will be a variant based on Dark Pit. I imagine they'll be the same except for a few cosmetic differences, and perhaps some different accessories.

With regards to Xenoblade, I would be happy with any of the party members as figmas. Naturally, Shulk would get the first crack at it, but I love the whole party, so anything goes with me.

Return to “%s” General Videogame Discussion