Destiny Thread!!!

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!
Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Destiny Thread!!!

Postby Xerkxes » 08.08.14 11:02am

So, anyone else here interested in next shooter, Destiny?

I tried the open Beta and got all three classes up to the cap. twas fun, personally favored the Warlock.
Favorite Super (thus far), Favorite melee animation (both regular and special), favorite grenade... and Blink sounds like it'll be awesome.

So far it seems like it'll be great. I like overall feel of it, I'm a tad concerned about the story... "The Darkness, The Darkness, The Darkness.." they drone on about it in the beta as bad as a certain lady and infant alien face munchers, minus subpar acting. Hopefully the game will go into "What" the darkness actually is. It's one thing to have a mysterious enemy that you don't understand, another thing entirely when you don't even experience the sucker, only here mention of it, and that it's appearently the driving force for the Cabal, Fallen, Hive and Vex, one that doesn't even stop those factions from fighting each other.

And I have no plans to make a Female Titan to emulate Samus >_> I really don't!
http://www.destinydb.com/calculator/tal ... 08b2708di7
I'm not inserting head cannon that the Speed booster is Juggernaut and Death from above Shine spark.
she will not be wielding an Arc Handcannon, Solar Fusion Rifle, and a rocket launcher.
She won't have an orange ship and orange armor with red helmet.

Nope, not at all ;)
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Re: Destiny Thread!!!

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.08.14 12:02pm

I played a bit of the Destiny beta on my brother's PS3 and later by 360. The multiplayer is fun, read about the story in Game Informer but didn't really get much of a taste on the beta. Must have missed it. It's a cool game series but it can be a tad hard to keep track of things... If I expand on this I will probably fire out a page of text :X It's mostly involving the HUD, names, and customization.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 09.06.14 6:05pm

I just pre-ordered Digital Guardian Edition for this game on my brand spanking new PS4.

It's too bad I've got school Tuesday morning, else I'd stay up till the end of time to play it XP
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 09.06.14 11:33pm

I'd give it a shot were it on PC. Makes perfect sense to exclude a platform that not only has 10s of millions of active core gamers but is also the traditional - and successful - home to both MMOs and shooters. I'll never understand the corporate mentality to release a game on nearly everything BUT PC.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 09.07.14 12:38am

>_>

I would have gotten it for the Wii U if it were an option, I played it on both Xbox 360 and seen a lot of PS4/Xbone and find I don't really care for the updated graphics. But dat dare be the fanboy in me speak'n.

Though, the guys at bungie haven't said no to PC, whenever asked they usually respond with "we'll see". Usually means no, but you never know.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 09.07.14 2:16am

Yeah, that's Rock Star's take on things as well and PC users are still waiting on GTAV. Destiny is a FPS/MMO, everything about it would play better on PC. That doesn't mean consoles shouldn't get the game, or get it later, just that PC is as perfect a fit as you can get for that kind of game. There's absolutely no justifiable reason not to bring it to the platform. There are some games you can't port from PC to console because of either hardware or interface limitations, but there's nothing consoles have that can't in some form be ported to PC. Destiny looks fun and I'd like to try it - it looks to be a more involved and interesting take on Borderlands, fundamentally - but I'm not playing a FPS/MMO on a controller.

That's enough bitching out of me, honestly wasn't my intention to go full "Negative Nancy." STATE POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT THE GAME, as I know very little about it. I do know a lot about MMOs, though. I have many questions, most of which likely couldn't be answered until the game launches proper.

Chris

Kraid

Postby Chris » 09.07.14 5:53am

I had a little go of the beta on my friends PS4 and it looked nice but having not played a shooter on a console since the PS2 days I couldn't hit anything, I'm equally confused as to why it's not been released for PC.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 09.07.14 9:59am

I'm curious if it was the choice of Bungie, Activision, or a unanimous decision to not put it on PC.

Anywho, what classes are other people planning on playing once they get the game?

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 09.07.14 10:08am

I think the choice to not put it on PC might be a maneuver to have people go and buy the PS4 and XBO. That, or kinda shit in PC gamer's faces as politely as possible. Or, possibly both. Just my thoughts.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 09.08.14 11:45pm

the game goes live in 2 hours...

for me that's 3am and I've got school tomorrow.
I went to bed near 2 hours ago in hopes to wake up early and plug some time in before I go to class, and couldn't sleep between the excitement and heat.

Wat dooo?

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 09.13.14 1:02am

A few hours in, I'm at the same bullet sponge boss from the beta that I was told was going to be nerfed, and I say to myself "This is cancer. This is the most unfun thing I've done in weeks."
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

fs_feedback

Gamma Metroid

Postby fs_feedback » 09.13.14 1:54am

Yeah I am glad I didn't preorder or even buy it. I watched a live stream, and there was nothing that showed that it was a good game. Repetitive quests, bullet sponge bosses, and the ending... well I won't spoil it, but you will wish I did. I played the beta and what is sad is the gun play and movement was solid... so damned solid, but everything else falls so flat.
Mission 1: Apothem's Cookie Quest
Rank A
Cookies :cookie: x 7

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 09.13.14 2:12am

The Titanfall effect has happened.

fs_feedback

Gamma Metroid

Postby fs_feedback » 09.13.14 2:30am

I don't have much experience with Titanfall. I didn't buy it, and I barely watched it. I seem to remember that the bots were annoying and stupid (it was like they were being played by a person with no limbs or head), and there were not enough maps or weapons.

Also Titanfall had a problem that SOOOO many multiplayer games seem to be suffering from (especially on console), and that is the MP lobbies SUCK. I don't mean the players or the matchmaking (it isn't great either). What I mean is that lobby systems do not give the host the control he/she needs. GTAV for example... trying to do a 8 v 8 clan war or race... good luck kicking the random that joined, and you go and have to recreate the lobby. I remember hearing Titanfall had similar problem in that you could not create matches with friends only (no scrims). So it fell flat on launch. That is only what I heard on that matter though.
Mission 1: Apothem's Cookie Quest
Rank A
Cookies :cookie: x 7

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 09.13.14 3:03am

I kinda meant more in the way of everyone expecting something so breathtaking and amazingly perfect but ultimately being something talked about for a week then discarded and never seen again.

Return to “%s” General Videogame Discussion