What Game Have You Played The Most?

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!
Khyron

Gamma Metroid

What Game Have You Played The Most?

Postby Khyron » 09.17.15 4:28pm

Ok, here's the question: What game have you played more than any other? Not necessarily your favorite game of all time, just the one that you've logged more hours in or play-throughs than any other. There are a few candidates for me: Phantasy Star II, A Link to the Past, FF VII and Secret of Mana have all claimed inordinately large and likely unhealthy slices of my life's pie chart. However, as many of those hours spent on those games were mindless grinding to gain experience (curse you, entire Phantasy Star series!!!) that just doesn't feel like "playing" to me and, in my mind at least, should be weighted accordingly.

So when it comes to playing a game the most number of times just to "play it" if you will, there's really only one choice. I've been playing Mega Man 2 for 27 years and can honestly say that I've played through it more than any other video game. It's a game that just seemed to do everything right, and the fact that I still love playing a game that was released when I was 11 speaks volumes about its replay value.

So that's my pick, what's yours?
Attachments
MM2.gif

MerlinDrazziw

Hatchling

Re: What Game Have You Played The Most?

Postby MerlinDrazziw » 09.18.15 9:49am

Several games come to my mind. Metroid II and Metroid Prime are two games I like to replay often, but I also still play old pc games that I got on one of my iDevices. Wolfenstein 3D is one of those games I played a lot in the DOS era and now often play on iPad. Beating Carmageddon on iOS completely took me a long while, with lots of replays. Doom (all versions) and Quake2 also gets regular attention (not on iOS), but not as much lately. As I don't have time records for these games and those on older consoles, it's hard to tell what game I played the most. So going by memory, I would say Wolfenstein 3D .. but it might as well be one of the others.
Grt. Merlin

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 09.18.15 6:23pm

Metroid Fusion... maybe. It's the only game I finished twice, and I'm almost halfway done on my third playthrough. I have not finished any other game more than once...

Although I have played a lot of Smash Bros Wii U.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 09.18.15 10:25pm

Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, Wario Land 3&4, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion.

I don't know about completion time, but these are games that I beat multiple times (Luigi's mansion I've beat over 25 times), which is usually pretty rare for me.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 09.19.15 1:13am

Man, thinking back on it now I really did play a shameful amount of Ninja Gaiden, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Sonic and Knuckles, The Mario game on SNES who's name escapes me but I think you can get a magic flute and can fly with a cape thing, Super Mario 64, Halo 2, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem 7 and 8, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Metroid Prime 2, Megaman Battle Network 4, Megaman X Command Mission, Yugioh Falsebound Kingdom, Resident Evil 4 (Thank you mothalienman), Megaman Starforce 2, Pokemon Platinum, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Smash Bros 4. This is about as close as I remember to some sort of chronological order. The game I did play the most is Halo 3 without a doubt but I played these other games so much more than anything else. Nowadays games don't seem to excite me as much... Back then I'd remember being so excited to play something but nowadays I can't play for long periods of time or else I get bored. Maybe it's because I can't really afford new games. I want the excuse to be my fault, and not the quality in games dropping...

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 09.19.15 4:03am

Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger are neck and neck for me. I've lost track of how many times I've beaten both, but I'd wager I've spent far more time with, and have probably more enjoyed, Chrono Trigger. I've gotten every ending, many multiple times over, on three separate releases of the game over twenty years. I've played through Super Metroid a lot, including various ROM hacks, but nowhere near so much as Chrono Trigger. That game will forever be intimately special to me.

Return to “%s” General Videogame Discussion