Metal Gear Survive Official Trailer (Gamescom 2016)

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!
Zynux

Super Metroid

Metal Gear Survive Official Trailer (Gamescom 2016)

Postby Zynux » 08.17.16 3:57am

Here we go lads

The never-ending ride no one wants to be on has started it's engines already
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Re: Metal Gear Survive Official Trailer (Gamescom 2016)

Postby Meta Ridley » 08.17.16 4:49am

Know what the stealth tactical espionage series known as Metal Gear needed? Zombies. Survival. Horror. Gunz.

The only thing I'm excited for is the obvious Metal Gear that's going to be a giant monster thing that's alive. Now I'm sure that'll look pretty badass.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.17.16 11:37am

It'll be a Metal Gear Rex somehow made out of an actual zombified T-Rex.

And don't don't forget the "high impact sexual violence".

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 08.18.16 2:07pm

Four player. Stealth. Crystalline zombies.

At best, it's more MGSV gameplay, which is solid, just in a new scenario. At worst, it's another Left 4 Dead/Call of Duty Zombies clone that offers little new to the table. Actually, it can't offer anything new to the table because Treyarch already has a monopoly on doing everything possible. That fancy bow and arrow? Treyarch did it first. And they probably did it better.

They could have just remade MGS 1-3 in the Fox Engine and we'd be fine. Instead they remade scenes from MGS3 in the Fox Engine just to advertise the themed pachislot.
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 08.18.16 9:31pm

Maybe it's just my exposure to Resident Evil REmake during the early days thanks to my friend but it still bothers me how much Zombie crap infected gaming in the past couple of years, I thought the phase was passed so I was confused why it was ramping up again.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 08.18.16 10:36pm

Zombie and / or survival games have fast become the modern military shooters of this generation. They're the bandwagon everyone want's to hop aboard. I'm not disappointed that the game focuses on zombies. Metal Gear has always been weird. What disappoints me is that knowing Konami being Konami - and Konami is the worst - this is mostly likely to be a vapid, uninspired, trend-chasing, cash-grab of a game. MGS could've gone out on a high note with 5. Instead we're due a long, drawn out demise as the corpse is beaten to a fine pulp.

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 08.21.16 4:53pm

It'll be a Metal Gear Rex somehow made out of an actual zombified T-Rex.
We already have that thanks to Peace Walker.

Suckers.

Return to “%s” General Videogame Discussion