I don't like SB samus.

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!

Moderator: Moderators

EGAD1

Hatchling

I don't like SB samus.

Postby EGAD1 » 02.09.10 5:13pm

I like samus but I can't get the hang of playing her in SB. I also think her down B is completly useless, it should be the boost ball or a power bomb in my opinion.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Re: I don't like SB samus.

Postby Emperor Ing » 02.09.10 7:46pm

Um...
Your complaining is pointless?

I don't really know what else to say, or even which game you are referring to.
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Outlaw

Super Metroid

Postby Outlaw » 02.09.10 9:08pm

He probably means, the original Smash Bros.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 02.10.10 1:21am

Pretty hard for there to be a boost ball since it didn't exist until long after Super Smash Bros.
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.10.10 8:05am

Samus' down B is great in the original Smash Bros.! It's the best way of returning to the stage if you flew off too far. It's not that good in Melee or Brawl.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 02.10.10 12:39pm

Uh, no, it's not.

The original Smash Bros. attack did not do ANYTHING for getting back to the ledge.

That was only implemented in later games.

EGAD1

Hatchling

Postby EGAD1 » 02.10.10 1:21pm

I mean all the SB games, probably should have said that in the first post I guess.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.10.10 3:37pm

Emperor Ing wrote:Uh, no, it's not.

The original Smash Bros. attack did not do ANYTHING for getting back to the ledge.

That was only implemented in later games.

Uh, yes, it is.

It didn't have bomb jumping, but it considerably reduces your falling speed, so holding the stick diagonally down and left or right and pressing B could get you close enough for your double-jump and Screw Attack save you (in many cases, you don't even need an extra jump).
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

ph00tbag

Omega Metroid

Postby ph00tbag » 02.10.10 3:40pm

Darth Naner wrote:Samus' down B is great in the original Smash Bros.! It's the best way of returning to the stage if you flew off too far. It's not that good in Melee or Brawl.

You cannot launch off an exploding bomb in SSB64, PLUS using bomb in mid-air steals your second jump. In both Melee and Brawl, You not only get a larger height boost off of laying a bomb, then laying a second to jump off of the first, but you keep your second jump. Melee and Brawl's bombs are better in most ways than SSB64's.

In all three games, the intended purpose of the bomb is to have you lay one between you and your opponent to force them into the air, so you can spam more anti-air moves. But in the later games, it has more uses.

Personally, I say they were the best in Melee, because you could do this.

EGAD1

Hatchling

Postby EGAD1 » 02.10.10 10:41pm

Also, why does she feel like she has a anti-gravity system. She like floats back down to the stage when you jump.

Shinespark

Metroid

Postby Shinespark » 02.14.10 5:52pm

Also, why does she feel like she has a anti-gravity system. She like floats back down to the stage when you jump.

That's one of her biggest weaknesses in all 3 games, and it's kinda weird how Power suit samus is more floaty than zero suit samus zO_o . But I guess her weight compensate slightly for that. Oh as for the bomb thing, I think Brawl's version is the worst since the original SB version worked better as a defensive move against attacks from below while the Melee version worked wonders as a recovery tool. Brawl's version was lacking in both respects.

Doc Scratch

Zeta Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 09.15.10 3:04am

Although Samus wasn't the best character in SSB or Brawl, in Melee she was a high tier on par with characters such as Captain Falcon (I.E. Very good, but not god). Her missiles were some of the best projectiles in the game, and her bombs and grapple recovery pretty much made it impossible to kill a good Samus by knocking her to the side (Unless you're playing Falco or Fox... Shine and meteor dair are scary). Her aerials were also fairly good, and she lacked the floatiness that plagued her in Brawl and SSB.

Then Brawl came, and Samus got hit by the nerf bat. Hard. She's playable, but it's much more of a struggle to use her.

But yeah, the bombs are not bad. Not bad at all.
Suckers.

mehe

Gamma Metroid

Postby mehe » 11.28.10 8:02pm

She's a lot better without her suit ironically. Faster, stronger, more agile, more useful attacks, better combos, etc. WAAAAY better running animation.
"As your commander I forbid wearing anything but the Zero Suit in this next Sector. You must also wear a blindfold and crawl on all fours until I authorize bipedal movement."

Doc Scratch

Zeta Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 11.28.10 9:32pm

mehe wrote:She's a lot better without her suit ironically. Faster, stronger, more agile, more useful attacks, better combos, etc. WAAAAY better running animation.

Melee Samus>Brawl Zamus>SSB Samus>Brawl Samus, really.

I just don't like how limited Samus is, and how a lot of her parts transitioned. For example, why is it that her charge beam is best at close range? At least allow her to spam uncharged shots! And her screw attack barely has anything to do with the one from the games, other than the animation.

Oh yeah, and why the hell can't powersuit Samus crawl again? It's the morph ball's main function, remember?!
Suckers.

mehe

Gamma Metroid

Postby mehe » 11.28.10 10:20pm

Yeah I think when crouching she should go morphball and be able to roll around at faster speed.
Really there's so much potential.
"As your commander I forbid wearing anything but the Zero Suit in this next Sector. You must also wear a blindfold and crawl on all fours until I authorize bipedal movement."

Next

Return to Super Smash Bros.